What's your Hot button topic?

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 2nd, 2009, 04:30 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
What is your hot button topic?

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
November 2nd, 2009, 06:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My hot button topic is abortion. I don't like to get involved in discussions that make me angry though so I stay away from it.

Patricia, wife to Chris and mom to Dominick with baby boy #2 due this summer! Forever missing my two little angels.

November 2nd, 2009, 09:31 PM
JMTSMOMMA's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Animal abuse/neglect....ohhhhhhh boooooooi...and lately H1N1 is picking my rear end too. Ok I know everyone is freaking out but really you have about as much chance of dying by getting hit on the head by a friggin coconut...ahhh shutting up now before someone comes and starts in on me.......

~Sometimes the days seem long, but the years are so very short.~

November 3rd, 2009, 06:31 AM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
Mine is also abortion. I'm pro life. I frequent the debate boards but I won't even open the abortion debate, it hurts my heart too much.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
November 3rd, 2009, 09:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie-lox View Post
Mine is also abortion. I'm pro life. I frequent the debate boards but I won't even open the abortion debate, it hurts my heart too much.
I'm the same but I don't like to advertise it because I don't need people telling me what a horrible person I am for thinking it's wrong.

Patricia, wife to Chris and mom to Dominick with baby boy #2 due this summer! Forever missing my two little angels.

November 3rd, 2009, 10:25 AM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia ♥ View Post
I'm the same but I don't like to advertise it because I don't need people telling me what a horrible person I am for thinking it's wrong.
Im pro choice and I would NEVER tell a woman she is wrong for being pro life. I can understand how its a hot button topic though, its a very touchy thing. I cant believe anyone would actually say you are wrong about it. I really dont understand it.

My hot button is the H1N1. It REALLY bugs me how the media is saying protect yourself, get the shot like every 5 mins on every radio staion. NOT ONE WORD about how to strengthen your immune system to prevent getting sick, or get better faster and improve your overall health!!! I hate how everyones acting like its the black plague too. I mean honestly though, people die from the normal flu, the only difference here really is that its advertised more. Im SO SICK of hearing about it. I mean, I've improved my immune system, Im in a college where there are 3000 first year students alone and H1N1 is flying around there like wildfire and I havent gotten sick. Guess I should get shot and stop improving my health

AND I hate how no one can put anything up in facebook about it, and how to improve your health, or the dangers of vaccines without someone attacking them and acting like they are the antichrist. Heres one my friend put up as her status and got blasted for it: "90 people get Swine Flu and everyone wants to start wearing a mask, over a million people have AIDS and no one wants to wear a condom."

And finally bad grammar, thats always been a huge annoyance for me

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search