Vent

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 5th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We're being ignored by our strata corp! I'm not complaining about living within strata rules I'm complaining about the fact that the company that runs this complex is full of morons. I really don't mind living under these rules because it means that we finally own a house and I'm really grateful for that. Originally we had asked to replace our windows because the ones we have are horrible. I think they are the original windows from when this house was built in 1975. I can't exaggerate how crappy they are. It took 2 months for them to send us a notice that gave us permission and by that time we had given up and spent the money on other repairs. In October dh got a pretty much brand new door from work for a super low price. We emailed our strata rep asking for permission to replace our current door with this one and got the request in 2 days before the Oct meeting. We never know when the meetings are so we ended up missing it. We've been waiting and waiting... no notice and no meeting minutes. I signed up to the strata website thinking that it would be faster to get the minuites on there than waiting for them to be delivered to my mailbox. Nothing until today. Today is 15 days after the actual meeting. I cannot believe it takes this long to upload a 1 page document to their website. It's absolutely ridiculous. Oh I just went back to check if they wrote when the next meeting is and noticed that the meeting was held earlier than they said it would be on sept's notice. Oct 22 is when it was supposed to be and it was held oct 21 so even if we knew the date of oct 22 we couldn't have gone because they changed the date and didn't tell us. And nothing, NOTHING about a request from an owner to modify anything! Under new business it says there was no new business to be discussed! Ahhhh! There was dammit! I want my new door up! And actually 16 days after the meeting! How stupid do they have to be to not photocopy the minutes that were typed up at the meeting 16 days ago?? How stupid are they to not be able to click a button to upload a 50kb document until 16 days later!?? I'm so annoyed. Oh and we can't go to the nov meeting because it's being held in the strata office an hour away. It bugs me that the company that runs our complex isn't located in our city. Oh and the guy that lives here that walks around to spy on owners has no boundaries. He knocked on our door at 8 on Halloween night and told us to get rid of our pumpkins because teenagers like to throw them on the ground. I'm not a moron, I know what trouble maker kids like to do on Halloween and I pay attention to everything that goes on outside my house and I don't appreciate the implication that I would leave my pumpkins out all night to let them be destroyed and make a mess. Dillhole. People suck.

Patricia, wife to Chris and mom to Dominick with baby boy #2 due this summer! Forever missing my two little angels.

November 5th, 2009, 11:53 AM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
I totally get where you're coming from. We live in a condo and our condo corp BLOWS. They do nothing for us ever. I hope you get to put your door up soon.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
November 6th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Kalia20's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you have the same thing my mom has, where you own the inside walls, but you dont own the windows and the doors?? I think thats retarded. You have to register and pay to park in your own spot there, you have to draw a map of your garden and have it approved before you plant anything, including lawn ornaments, bbq, etc. Its ridiculous, I could go on with the crap she puts up. Is it like that?

November 7th, 2009, 04:49 AM
JMTSMOMMA's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ugh frustrating! I hope you get your new door soon hun!

~Sometimes the days seem long, but the years are so very short.~

November 7th, 2009, 04:52 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I'm sorry they're being so ridiculous! Ugh! Hopefully something gets sorted out soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search