Loss Of A Pet

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2010, 03:55 PM
JMTSMOMMA's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just lost my oldest kitty. 2 in as many months. He was my oldest and would have been 16 on March 15. I know death is a natural thing and he had a good long life with no illness or hardship but it is still so tough. I loved him a whole lot.

Have you suffered the loss of a pet? How did you handle it?

~Sometimes the days seem long, but the years are so very short.~

February 20th, 2010, 04:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've never really dealt with a pet death before. I had to deal with my parents giving my animals away. We had a shepard/husky mix once and my parents gave her away because she was too big. I can still remember sitting in my room watching out the window as my dog jumped into a strangers truck. I loved that dog and I miss her everyday. We had some fish for awhile that died almost a year ago. Our ds got to the fish food and dumped almost all of it in the tank. When we woke up all but 2 were dead. I was trying to save the 2 and one of them jumped out of the net and landed on the floor where he died. That really bothers me. I'm afraid of fish so I couldn't pick him up and he kept flopping...I'm still sad about my fishies and refuse to get any more. I know it's silly to be upset about fish but I still am. So that's my limited experience. Nothing like having a beloved pet pass away. I'm sorry about your kitty

Patricia, wife to Chris and mom to Dominick with baby boy #2 due this summer! Forever missing my two little angels.

Last edited by Patriciamomofboys; February 20th, 2010 at 05:00 PM.
February 20th, 2010, 05:41 PM
That is so sad about your dog Patricia and totally not silly about the fish at all. I'm a sucker for any living breathing thing. We got James a fish and it died too, never again. One day a dog but it will be his and DH's. I still have two cats and they are both over 11 years old so I have to go through loss again and again yet. I can't imagine getting close with another animal after this.

February 20th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
i love animals so much, im so sorry to hear that your kitty has died, i have a cat that is about 13 and i cant imagine not getting to see her anymore, i love her very dearly so i can imagine how hard it would be.

February 21st, 2010, 01:11 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
Awe, hugs Tracey. I'm sorry to hear about your kitty.

I've never lost a pet, fortunately. When I was in grade 9 I found a 6 week old lab/shepherd cross in a dumpster and brought her to my parents. My parents let us keep her. We had her 9 years and then my parents gave her away. My parents spend a lot of time away from home, I'd moved out and Evan is allergic so I couldn't have her, but I really would have taken her. My parents were spending thousands of dollars to send our dog to a kennel every weekend when they would go to their boat because she hated the boat. Finally my parents didn't think it was fair anymore, so they gave her to one of my mom's clients. My mom still sees our old dog once a week and she now lives on a 10acre farm, with 3 other dogs, and a lake, so she can swim. She's very happy there but I do miss her. I think when she dies it's going to be hard though.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
February 21st, 2010, 03:44 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
*hugs* I'm sorry.

I lost a dog that my family had since before I was born (he was 19 when he died) and a budgy bird I'd had since I was four. It's very hard to deal with
February 21st, 2010, 08:16 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry for your loss I've never lost a close pet before, we had farm dogs growing up, but I wasn't really into them. Its going to be heartbreaking when our 6 year old shih tzu dies, Mylo was our first baby and the kids all love him-I get teary just thinking about losing him...
February 22nd, 2010, 06:52 AM
Thanks for your kind words ladies.

It's like they become a member of the family when they walk through our doors.
We laid him to rest under a big tree by a beautiful creek In the summer I will mark it with some flowers.

February 26th, 2010, 10:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
im sorry you lost your kitty the loss of a pet is SUCH a hard thing to go through!! a few years ago our family dog and cat passed (right around the same time too ) i think the only reason i was able to get over it somewhat easily is since they were the family pet(ie:my parents) i wasn't living there when they passed...so i didn't have that constant reminder that they were missing......my dogs that i have now though....oh my...im already worried how i will handle it!!(and theyre only 2,3 and 4!)
the worst pet-related thing ive ever had to deal with is mine going missing i had just adopted merlin a few months prior and i went one night...our roomate, who was supposed to be looking after the dogs, left the door open and merlin got out my other dog, dave, luckily stayed in the house(but ive had him since a pup and his attachment was stronger i guess? so he didn't feel the need to go out the door? i dunno....) ANYways...he was never found again... i went out every night for like 2 months...tracked dog footprints for hours in fresh snow...people called with sightings of him so i knew he was out there....but i think what ended up happening is he found someone in this one trailer park(he was seen there often) and they started feeding him and he just ended up staying there....he was never found on a road or anything(i called the city and gave them a picture) and yah! im actually getting upset writing this! so yeah....while im on the subject actually... does anyone here live in the red deer,Alberta area? cause i still have people looking for him actually.....
*whew* that was a random vent....

....sorry again for the loss of your kitty

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search