Do You Have

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2010, 10:30 AM
JMTSMOMMA's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
A financial nest egg? In an emergency could you get by on your savings for a bit or would it be devastating?

We have a decent savings but I am constantly scared it would not be enough if something were to (God forbid) happen and Jeff could not work. I worry about it endlessly even though I know we would be ok for a while. Anyone else like me?

~Sometimes the days seem long, but the years are so very short.~

February 23rd, 2010, 11:06 AM
LM1385's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We don't even have any savings! I am so scared about going on mat. leave, because I will only get 55-60% of my cheque - ack! Even though my husband is the big bread winner, my cheque still contributes a large portion to bills.

February 23rd, 2010, 11:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We have nothing but the equity in our house. We used to have savings but they got used up during dh's first layoff in 2007 and we haven't been able to replenish it. We've been working on lowering living expenses but it's taken longer than we would have liked. Believe it or not us buying our house last year was us dramatically lowering our living expenses. Since the first layoff there has only been enough income to cover our expenses and nothing left over to save and it'll probably be like that for the next 2 years at least (unless dh gets employed as a police officer soon). I gave up worrying about it, there's no point.

Patricia, wife to Chris and mom to Dominick with baby boy #2 due this summer! Forever missing my two little angels.

February 23rd, 2010, 12:40 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
We have some RSPs? Maybe that would help us? We have a small savings that would get us by for about a month if something happened.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
February 23rd, 2010, 05:45 PM
Emm17's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have sufficient amount saved(most of it is insurance money from a car accident) and Cory has a tiny amount saved. We could get by for quite awhile on it. I hate the thought of tapping into it though.

February 24th, 2010, 06:36 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
we have some, most will go towards buying our house and house things next month so i dont think we will have much left after that, we call it the oh Sh! t fund

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search