About Flag waving..

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2006, 03:57 PM
mrobinson
How do you articulate why we only really wave the flag on Canada day.. I mean most Americans have a flag on their front porch daily. I think comparing an American and a Canadian that sense is a big gap comparision.

I know we are more subtile about our Cdn pride in some aspects but then the I am Canadian campaign really seemed to touch a nerve for awhile.. Now it seems kinda obnioxous (to me) but maybe more because it's just a beer ad?

What are your thoughts?
June 29th, 2006, 12:27 AM
cyutegurl
Quote:
How do you articulate why we only really wave the flag on Canada day.. I mean most Americans have a flag on their front porch daily. I think comparing an American and a Canadian that sense is a big gap comparision.

I know we are more subtile about our Cdn pride in some aspects but then the I am Canadian campaign really seemed to touch a nerve for awhile.. Now it seems kinda obnioxous (to me) but maybe more because it's just a beer ad?

What are your thoughts? [/b]
Thats exactly what I think too...why does it take Canada Day or an big event like team Canada for us to wave our flag~
I go to America once a month and I always see Americans with biggggg flags in their front yard!

And I think why dosnt Canada do that??????
June 29th, 2006, 08:47 AM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
Where I live there are many people flying the Canada flag.

July 1st, 2006, 12:04 PM
chlodoll
I see a good number of flags around here. I think it depends on the area.
July 1st, 2006, 05:09 PM
Toban's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, Carter sleeps in his flag! You can't really tell, but those red spots are maple leaves! I agree that we need to celebrate our nationality. We only do when hockey is at stake, during the Olympics and today.

July 2nd, 2006, 11:32 AM
Natural Blessings's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Canadians are more subtle in showing their pride. IMO a person doesn't need to flaunt it to have pride.

I see lots of Canadian flags out here. When we move I am putting a Canadian Flag on one side of the driveway and a SK flag on the other side(even if I'm still stuck in AB,lol).

Personally I liked the I Am Canadian campaign. Alot of Canadians feel as what was described in those commercials. The only reason they are no longer out is that an American company bought out all or part of Molson and they got rid of the campaign.
July 4th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
there's a fair amount of flags around here too, and I plan to get one when we get working on our yard again.

We could do with a bit more national pride though. I also did like the "I am Canadian" thing, I bought hubby a t-shirt with it, since his name is Joe lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search