Applied for mat leave today!

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 4th, 2006, 03:55 PM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you get it if you worked the 600 hours regardless. Im just worried because the job i had prior to working for STARS fired me after i told them i was pregnant... even though i was told it doesnt matter how many jobs i have, but the fact i was fired, does that affect whether i get mat pay or not? Just wondering cause i have never done this before, its my first time applying for EI!

also. it asked me for the other parents information when i checked to apply also for parental benifits on top of my mat leave... however, dad isnt in the picture, so i just said i couldnt give them his info cause he will not be receiving it.

Does it sound like i did it correctly

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
July 4th, 2006, 04:02 PM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
It has been a long time since I applied for EI.

My guess is they will investigate the reason you fired, it will likely delay your claim. They may ask more questions about dad, I dunno.

July 4th, 2006, 04:05 PM
well i put down the reason exactly... but really from my other job i wasnt fired, sooo it shouldnt make a difference right..

i mean its not like i strictly applied for EI, it was mat leave, so its only based on your hours, not whether you were laid off or not

[IMG]
July 4th, 2006, 04:12 PM
I thought that applying for mat leave still went thru the same hoops as regular old EI. You still have to qualify, still need the 600 hours, etc.
I haven't applied to EI since '99

How long did they tell you until you should receive something.

July 4th, 2006, 04:16 PM
OHHH i called them and they said... no for mat leave it doesnt matter, as long as i have my horus they are happy... also... they said to give steves name so that if he trys to apply for parental they can stall him

they said i would need to wait 28 days from teh time they receive all my goodies!... so roughly the first or second week of august!... No money till then.. oh my... but i do have to give them my ROE's and stuff, but they dont actuallyinvestigate whether you quit, were fired or any of that

[IMG]
July 4th, 2006, 04:19 PM
Quote:
OHHH i called them and they said... no for mat leave it doesnt matter, as long as i have my horus they are happy... also... they said to give steves name so that if he trys to apply for parental they can stall him[/b]

That is great news!

Quote:
they said i would need to wait 28 days from teh time they receive all my goodies!... so roughly the first or second week of august!... No money till then.. oh my... but i do have to give them my ROE's and stuff, but they dont actuallyinvestigate whether you quit, were fired or any of that[/b]
Good to hear there is no investigating, it could slow them down even more (if that is possible)

July 4th, 2006, 04:23 PM
yeah they said with mat and parental claims, they really dont care about reasons for leaving. afterall they see it on the ROE... but yeah it was nice to hear. i figured i should call before the closed LOL!

but four weeks from friday is a long time with no money... MAN OH MAN!

[IMG]
July 4th, 2006, 04:25 PM
mrobinson
Yikes!! I hope the government comes back quick. (I hate it when they get your hopes up and then.... don't deliver.)
July 4th, 2006, 11:51 PM
chlodoll
yyaaaay for mat leave!!! lol ya as long as you have your hours they dont care! i quit my job in august and didnt apply for leave until november! i thought i was going to be in trouble but it was all fine.
July 5th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
the only time they have to really look into it is when you go on medical before you go on maternity.
the medical has to be approved.

July 5th, 2006, 02:29 PM
THAT i could understand

[IMG]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search