A little upset... please give your input

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 5th, 2006, 04:46 PM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have plans of going back to school after lukey is born... possibly when my mat leave is done! i have been very excited about thsi and looking into all my options! However, my dad says i cant do it cause i will have two kids. he said i just made my life much harder and i wont be able to move forward anymore with it!

They all said i couldnt finish high school when i was pregnant with garrett, yet, after he was born i stayed home with him, and my two brothers and finished school.. I did my work during the day and night and was pretty much a nanny

This makes me all the more determined to do it. to show him i can!, but with noone having faith in me i feel like i cant!

Ok now for you ladies... do any of you know single moms of two who have gone back to school. I know its hard, but can it be done?

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
July 5th, 2006, 05:16 PM
canadian_ehngel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to canadian_ehngel Send a message via Yahoo to canadian_ehngel
It can be done. You just have to have faith in yourself. If YOU think you can do it then don't worry about what other people do. I say do it and show your dad that he doesn't know what he's talking about.
July 5th, 2006, 05:41 PM
i beleive i can, but when i hear his negative comments it really gets me down about this... i tried so hard to prove myself with my HS, i made honor roll and class president. i would have been validictorian had i had two more classes!

i worke dmy butt off to prove myself to him, yet he still has no faith

[IMG]
July 5th, 2006, 09:01 PM
mrobinson
Chelsea.. You believe in yourself. Do you know how hard that is for the common person? I'm really proud of you for just believing in yourself. Your dad? Well... sometimes people have no faith or have a interesting logic that tough love works.. that's the way my father was/is. It hurts when I hear that so I can understand why you need this boost. Why wouldn't we question ourselves when our own parents do? I totally understand that feeling of noone believing in me but me.. And it feels so lonely. I'm equally proud of you reaching out. It takes strong people to ask for help when they need it and I can think of twice now you've done that.

Sweetie, we have some awesome girls on JM that can help you too. We are all here for you and we believe in you. Why? Because we all see little miracles here everyday.

Chin up girl. Tomorrow is a new day. If you need to vent, do it here and know my door is always open for a chat too.

B)
July 6th, 2006, 01:08 AM
canadian_ehngel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to canadian_ehngel Send a message via Yahoo to canadian_ehngel
Well said, mrobinson. I agree. We all believe in you and will support you the entire way! Even if it doesn't mean much to some people, I love having the support of my online friends!
July 6th, 2006, 05:26 AM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
I think you should go back to school. I know it will be hard, especially with two kiddos now...but you can do it! Maybe you don't have all the support that you need at home, but you have got tons here. You can do it!!!

xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

July 6th, 2006, 08:37 AM
The support of all of you means alot to me. Its nice knowing people who have kids or who know people who have kids and went back to school. TY for your kind words... i looked into the programs i wanna take last night and that lifted my spirits.

I asked my mom if saying i hate my father would cause god to smite me. she said maybe, so just say you dislike him greatly lol him and i have never had a good relationship since he married my step mom..

So... now i will find out how i go about going to this school.. for those of you in alberta.. its ABES... Alberta Business Educational Services.

[IMG]
July 6th, 2006, 08:42 AM
mrobinson
Quote:
I asked my mom if saying i hate my father would cause god to smite me. she said maybe, so just say you dislike him greatly lol him and i have never had a good relationship since he married my step mom..[/b]
OT: We have a great story about a girl here who was told if she swore God would strike her down with lightening.. So being a kid, she tested it.. She would go behind the shed and whispher a swear ~ looking up at the sky. (Waiting for God.) You're words here reminded me of that story!
July 7th, 2006, 05:43 AM
Margarita's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Of course you can go back to school! So many girls I know who have kids go back to school and are awesome at it. Better yourself and you will better your children's lives as well

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search