The Stampede is here!!!

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2006, 06:49 AM
mrobinson
I'm just pumped. I think I'm one of the only Calgarians that really love Stampede. Last night I was scootering around downtown and people were already lining up their chairs. There are parking lots around the parade route that have regular campers stay overnight too. I drove by Fort Calgary which is the starting ground of the parade and the back entrance for the Saddledome and the horses and people were all gearing up the parade..

This morning I scootered through the parade route. All the floats are getting ready. (**Wheew*** all the hot cops and EMS on their mountain bikes and motorbikes... yummy!) It's just such a wicked energy down here.. So I'll be back at my computer after the parade.

July 7th, 2006, 06:51 AM
mrobinson
((Oh yeah)) And since it was GWBushey's 60th b-day, Harper gave him a belt buckle!

Quote:
Jeff's parents just arrived there yesterday and will be going to the parade. I WILL get there one day![/b]
SWEET!!!!
July 7th, 2006, 07:08 AM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
See i wanna go to the stampede SOOOO bad, but im afraid i will pop there... lol.. that would be the place, ya know... where its soooo loud noone can hear me screaming in pain for help lol.

as for the parade, my brother is in it. my grandfather does line dancing and his group is going. my brother will be pulling the stereo system!

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
July 7th, 2006, 07:16 AM
mrobinson
Which one? (I'll look out for it!)
July 7th, 2006, 07:52 AM
Melz's Avatar Team Edward
I LOVE THE STAMPEDE!!! I always told DH that its the best time not to be pregnant or else we would be broke from me eating all the food.. THOSE LITTLE DOUGHNUTS forget about it.. If I was pregnant at this time of year I swear I would weight 3X's what I should

July 7th, 2006, 11:42 AM
Super Mommy
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Stampede - what are the things you love about the Stampede itself?
For me - it's the FOOD!!!!!!!!!!!
Corndogs, mini donuts, bannock from the Indian Village, argh, my mouth is watering and my stomach is growling just thinking about it!

Good things come to those who wait

Low and slow betas (possible blighted ovum)
July 4: BFP - EDD March 9/09
July 7: 538
July 11: 1134
July 14: 1782
u/s July 21 @ 2:15 pm - blighted ovum, d&c to be scheduled
July 7th, 2006, 12:03 PM
mrobinson
THE PARADE WAS AWESOME!!! Even the snowbirds were there!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search