Canadian Baby Photographers

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 8th, 2006, 09:48 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Who else got sucked in by them?
I got a free shoot with them, then I would get a free 5x7 of whichever picture I chose...... well they came to show me the pics and I only planned on getting the free one,,,, but now I have a $369.10 bill!! It's outrageous!

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

July 9th, 2006, 05:18 AM
mmsmom_25's Avatar Veteran
I have nothing good to say about them. I got sucked in when my last baby was born, and I thought ohhow nice a free 5x7 yadda yadda. Well then a few weeks later the salesman comes along and we end up getting stuck with a $700 bill. It was right before christmas and we thought that we would order our parents each a collage and get ourselves one too. They promisedus they would be at our door the monday of the week before christmas. They arrived on Dec. 23,the best part,they had sent me photos of the wrong kids!!!! I was furious, I called into the office only for the secretary to ask me "are you sure they aren't your kids in the pictures?" HELLO, i am positive they are not my children! They told me that UPS wouldn'tbe ableto pick them up until the next day (christmas eve) and we would get our pictures then. We called UPS in the mean time and they said they could have cometo get them and take them back. Anyway to make an already long story short, we did get some compensation from it not much but once this baby is born I do not want them anywhere near my home. I'm sure that some people have had good experiences with them, but most people that I have talked to about them have nothing real great to say about them. Sorry for the long rant!
July 9th, 2006, 08:04 AM
nat81
Sucker here too !
I only wanted to buy the free one as well... I did stand my ground to a certain point though and finally told the guy to stop showing me these extremely pricy packages because I was NOT going to buy one. So I chose six 5x7 and that cost me about $120! I've scanned them and made wallet size pics out of them to give to my family... I much prefer my shots from Sears though and got a huge package for the same price!!!
July 9th, 2006, 03:12 PM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ya know... my mom got roped with my brother,... so i knew about them when i had my son and got the call, i picked up and said "im not interested. before you go into your speal, im a single mom with no money. it will be a waste of your time. please dont call back"

They never did and i was left alone. i went to walmart and got some great pictures that were just what i wanted.. and spent half the price for double the amount... but you gotta go through it to learn right! so the next baby you wont even pick up the phone lol

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
July 9th, 2006, 07:54 PM
canadian_ehngel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to canadian_ehngel Send a message via Yahoo to canadian_ehngel
OMG Harsh!!!!! They asked me if they could take pics, and not knowing about the horrible stories, I said sure. But after a day and a half of thinking about it, I decided that I didn't know who they were, they wanted to take nude pics of my dd, and so I didn't know if I could trust them. So I walked my SO to his school and when I got back I figured I was home free, cause it was past the time they said the photographer would show up. About 5 minutes after I got in the house, I heard a knock at the door. Me and dd hid in her room, and after he knocked 5-6 times, he finally left. He left a card though. I'm never, ever, ever going to get a baby package from the Welcome Wagon, because they sold ALLLLL my info to all these places. I had no idea they would do that, and now 7 months later I STILL get a bunch of calls!
July 10th, 2006, 11:25 AM
nat81
Quote:
OMG Harsh!!!!! They asked me if they could take pics, and not knowing about the horrible stories, I said sure. But after a day and a half of thinking about it, I decided that I didn't know who they were, they wanted to take nude pics of my dd, and so I didn't know if I could trust them. So I walked my SO to his school and when I got back I figured I was home free, cause it was past the time they said the photographer would show up. About 5 minutes after I got in the house, I heard a knock at the door. Me and dd hid in her room, and after he knocked 5-6 times, he finally left. He left a card though. I'm never, ever, ever going to get a baby package from the Welcome Wagon, because they sold ALLLLL my info to all these places. I had no idea they would do that, and now 7 months later I STILL get a bunch of calls![/b]
Wow! That's so annoying! My sister got a baby package from the Welcome Wagon and that's how Canadian Baby Photo got a hold of her too!
July 10th, 2006, 04:03 PM
.:Stace:.'s Avatar .:Stace:.
Send a message via MSN to .:Stace:.
They drove me crazy for months ... calling and wanting to come to the house. Finally after 6 months of them calling me, I told them that I wasn't interested .... After reading all of your posts I am so happy that I said no!!
July 10th, 2006, 05:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have picture of myself and my sisters from when I was younger and they were amazing. I wanted to get them done but my mom said there is no way you could afford them.

They called me 4 times and finally after I freaked cause they woke Jayden up they stopped calling. I will never sign up for welcome wagon again either. So many people were calling all the time, and I still have them calling and hes 10 months old.
July 11th, 2006, 12:01 AM
Send a message via MSN to canadian_ehngel Send a message via Yahoo to canadian_ehngel
Ugh. 10 months, that is ridiculous. Luckily I have had a decrease in calls and actually haven't received one for a couple weeks. The lady who came for the Welcome Wagon never told me that they sold my info to all these companies and people. I wish she had so then I wouldn't have signed the paper. If I get one more call from anyone like that I will snap at them. They make me so mad!
July 13th, 2006, 08:29 AM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
its not ONLY welcome wagon... All that stuff you sign and fill out at the hospital doesnt help at all.. they also give out information. I asked then how they got my number because sine i KNOW i cant afford it i didnt want it done, they told me the hospital info!

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
July 13th, 2006, 09:09 AM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
That is how Welcome Wagon makes thier money. I once signed up with them.

Welcome Wagon charges about $3/name and makes you give a "gift", then you are given the persons' info to call.

Same as the draws at the hospitals, again, they do that to get your name, don't ever enter a draw if you don't want the follow up calls.

July 13th, 2006, 11:32 AM
nat81
Quote:
That is how Welcome Wagon makes thier money. I once signed up with them.

Welcome Wagon charges about $3/name and makes you give a "gift", then you are given the persons' info to call.

Same as the draws at the hospitals, again, they do that to get your name, don't ever enter a draw if you don't want the follow up calls.[/b]
Very interesting... Thanks
July 13th, 2006, 05:24 PM
Melz's Avatar Team Edward
Yikes.. I got the heads up on them THANK GOD... I cant belive that they charge that much Thats crazy.. I told them that I already had my pictures done before they phoned

July 14th, 2006, 09:47 AM
There was a thing at Toys R Us to sign up for a Welcome Wagon visit, so I wrote on one of the pieces of paper to warn people not to call them because they do sell your info. Hopefully the paper will stay put for a while and people will listen.
July 16th, 2006, 12:19 PM
Margarita's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I never got any welcome wagon sign up thing
July 16th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
well those idiots called me and said they were coming. I waited and waited they never showed i phoned and they wouldnt believe me that they didnt show.
i was so mad because I had plans that day but stayed home for a stupid photographer.

July 17th, 2006, 06:17 PM
nat81
Quote:
There was a thing at Toys R Us to sign up for a Welcome Wagon visit, so I wrote on one of the pieces of paper to warn people not to call them because they do sell your info. Hopefully the paper will stay put for a while and people will listen.[/b]
too funny!
July 19th, 2006, 01:44 PM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I thought they were nice, they didn't call me a whole bunch either,,,, I am just outraged that I am such a sucker when it comes to buying stuff. Their prices are so bad though........ like it cost $40 just for them to use photoshop to keep the boxing gloves red in his b&w picture!

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search