$$ from Harper??

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 20th, 2006, 07:05 AM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't get anything... did anyone else???

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

July 20th, 2006, 07:33 AM
Tiggy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Tiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Tiggy
I just came on here to ask the same thing. With ufile we were told we were getting a lot more for child tax starting this july than what we just got. AND we didtn get the $100 for each of our kids.

ok i just found out why im getting less then what i was told at tax time... thats because of harper *taking away* a portion of the Child tax benefit* so ()*(&*(&#*&$^#*(&^$#* stupid if you ask me. Hes taking away money then giving some. But as for the childcare $100 per kid (we have 2 kids) we didnt get that and im trying to call them but its busy

ok just got off the phone with them the first check is being sent by mail

July 20th, 2006, 07:40 AM
chelseamb's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OH MY GOD! hes taking money off our child tax, and hes taxing these kid dollars! what kind of person is he... WHACKED THATS WHAT!

uurrgggg see, this is why i dont vote... my child tax money is carefully budgeted for each month.. i cant afford to not have my full ammount

Thank you to Vicki.. For my amazing Siggy

[IMG]
July 20th, 2006, 07:44 AM
~*kath*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
the papers I got with mine today said they are upping the maximum amount you can get. I was getting the max before and getting $266.08,,, now I am getting $266.66...... lol how big of them

*Taylor Christen Violet Due January 21, 2014*

July 20th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
ok just got off the phone with them the first check is being sent by mail[/b]
Do you know when it's being mailed?

July 20th, 2006, 08:59 AM
canadian_ehngel's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to canadian_ehngel Send a message via Yahoo to canadian_ehngel
I didn't get anything... I used to get $278 and now I get $102 because my SO's income tax return was too much. UGH! We only get $42 to use.
July 20th, 2006, 09:05 AM
They are being mailed out of the Winnipeg tax office today, July 20th

July 20th, 2006, 09:12 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
They are being mailed out of the Winnipeg tax office today, July 20th[/b]
Thanks! Wish it would have just been added to this check though.

July 20th, 2006, 09:13 AM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
Ok, I won't be popular here.

BUT, I like the $100/kid. I don't get anything that is specific to my children (child tax) and I think all children should get something. I will now be getting something.

I agree that nobody should "lose" any money over it, but even then won't you be taking in more?

July 20th, 2006, 09:32 AM
yeah, people do take in more, but some people i guess dont like the fact that they are going to lose $40 from the CTB alone. But me, personally, Heck, after the $100 thing, every penney extra at the end of the #s is a bonus! Id just be pissed if it threw me into another tax bracket, lol.

But I do agree with you - I think that all parents should benefit from the CTB. Next May my dh gets quite the promotion in the military and it will throw us into the next bracket and I know we definately wont qualify for ctb anymore

July 20th, 2006, 09:47 AM
*Stacey*'s Avatar life=laundry
Quote:
I used to get $278 and now I get $102 because my SO's income tax return was too much. UGH![/b]
Yup, I know how you feel! I went from $217/month to nothing! Which REALLY sucks because I am on sick leave until September which gives me about half my normal income, then will be on mat leave until next September!

They said the checks that were mailed out today will have the direct deposit info for future payments
July 20th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
OH MY GOD! hes taking money off our child tax, and hes taxing these kid dollars! what kind of person is he... WHACKED THATS WHAT!

uurrgggg see, this is why i dont vote... my child tax money is carefully budgeted for each month.. i cant afford to not have my full ammount[/b]
I don't vote either and this is why. I don't want to be partially responsible for voting in a complete and total moron! Maybe all of us that don't vote should get together and try and get rid of the moron and got someone else in. Either way there is gonna be a stupid person ruining our country.

Patricia, wife to Chris and mom to Dominick with baby boy #2 due this summer! Forever missing my two little angels.

July 20th, 2006, 11:49 AM
nette's Avatar Super Mommy
Lol im so glad this thread is here, I thought it was arriving in my CTC.

no joke my thought went like this:

Huh? hey.. wheres my extra money???

Hmmm The Canadian board will know whats happening..

And ta da you came though. (and I think i have a dependancy, lol)
Thanks girls
July 20th, 2006, 03:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I got my CCTB (finally...hello 3000 dollars..thank you )
I was told the UCCB will be coming by cheque sometime in the next few days.

I dont care what my CCTB is because the first time i got it was today so I figure even if it goes down its still money I am not used to having anyways.

it will be my last year getting it anyways because my fiance owns his own business and makes too much money for me to qualify next year.
we're not common law or married yet so I still qualify for 2005.

July 20th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Rusha's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to Rusha
I got my tax today and I am not impressed at all. We were told at income tax filing that we would be getting more money because I didn't work last year...and we got LESS! All because of Harper.
AND NO $100!!!!

Did they take away the supplement for children under 7??

July 20th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
I got my tax today and I am not impressed at all. We were told at income tax filing that we would be getting more money because I didn't work last year...and we got LESS! All because of Harper.
AND NO $100!!!!

Did they take away the supplement for children under 7??[/b]
the 100 dollars comes later people!!!

July 20th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Natural Blessings's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Ok, I won't be popular here.

BUT, I like the $100/kid. I don't get anything that is specific to my children (child tax) and I think all children should get something. I will now be getting something.

I agree that nobody should "lose" any money over it, but even then won't you be taking in more?[/b]
The difference between CTC and the harper money is that the CTC is not included in your income on taxes whereas the harper money is. the harper money increases our income so NEXT year everyone will get even less CTC than they are this year.

We went from $281 to $223.

I have asked on several boards and nobody seems to know the answer, but I was wondering if it was 6 and under who get the $100 or if it was 5 and under(since them just saying under 6 doesn't clarify it).

According to my paper I get $223 from July to March, then it goes UP to $243.87 from April to May then $243.95 in June.

My middle dd turns 6 in March so I am guessing that is why it goes up, it is for kids 5 and under. The good news for us is my youngest will turns 6 in April 2008 so we won't be getting this harper bs for too long.

I read/heard a few weeks ago that Harper was thinking of calling an election this fall to try and get a majority gov't. After this fiasco and the number of families ticked off I think it'd be a bad choice for him.

And YES this is why we should all vote. If people had paid attention during the election when Harper was first talking about this childcare money they would have known that it was going to be taxed and that he was trying to get rid of other funding that families get, that his plan was to replace it. Then maybe more people would have voted for anyone but him and we wouldn't have this in effect.
July 20th, 2006, 10:17 PM
chlodoll
i dont think my CTC can even get any less!! that sucks!!
July 20th, 2006, 11:06 PM
Regular
You get less because every July it changes depending on how much you made last year, so if you made more last year, you will get less

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search