Bachelor Canada

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 3rd, 2012, 07:23 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Who's watching?!

Tyler is no Chris Harrison, that's for sure! Anyone else notice there were no girls from the East Coast?

Thoughts? Going to continue watching? I am, the Bachelor/ette series tend to be train wrecks...you can't help but watch!

Who do you like? Who do you not? I'm personally not a fan of Gabrielle (sp?) at this point, and Chantelle bothers me. I'm sad 'Bubba' is gone, she could have been a lot of fun!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
October 3rd, 2012, 07:48 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yay! I'm so glad I have Bachelor friends. Should I start my own post too?

Chantelle is too giggly, but I like that they showed her chatting with the playboy model. She is going to be shocked when she finds out! I didn't like Rebecca, mainly for the comment she made about Mindy (which is probably what got her sent home).

I like Ana, not sure why. But I'm sure that will change.

I thought someone was from Moncton, but I wouldn't bet anything on that. I noticed a lot of Ottawa girls (including Ana). I guess I should root for them.
October 3rd, 2012, 08:21 PM
Ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It takes me a while to get everyone's names straight but there's a couple of girls I'm not a fan of. One is Whitney. She was trying way too hard when she introduced herself to Brad. And the other is the girl who was arguing with her at the bar, what's her name??

I'll probably continue to watch it, but it seems like it's missing something. I find the US one better but we'll see how this turns out!
October 4th, 2012, 06:07 AM
Some of the girls are standing out...the one Whitney was arguing with was Gabrielle...not a fan of her!

Chantelle seems too innocent for this type of show...either she isn't really and its an act, or she is and its a mean joke on the casting director's part. Either way I don't see her lasting until the end.

That's true about Rebecca...but I was kinda hoping someone with the nickname "Bubba" would stick around a bit lol.

Can't wait till next week!

The place they are filming in Victoria BC is 15 minutes from my sister and she's been to the resort a bunch of times, which I thought was pretty cool...she had no idea it was filmed there until we watched last night!

I can get a Bachelor Canada thread stickied for while its going on so we can keep track of everything

Jess
October 10th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Who's watching tonight!?!

Jess
October 10th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Awwwwwwww, it was so cute when he gave Chantelle the rose.

And I love that he took Ana on a surprise date.

Last edited by ~MamaTutu~; October 10th, 2012 at 07:40 PM.
October 10th, 2012, 08:37 PM
My thoughts exactly. She deserved it - she was so far outside her comfort zone! And after keeping an extra girl, its true, he should take her on a date!

Whitney is poison! Omg, she reminds me of Courtney from the last Bachelor season! She's going to be a drama-causer for sure!

Did you notice the shameless advertising? Schick, Tassimo, lol.

Jess
October 11th, 2012, 09:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I did notice it! They could have made it a little more subtle. "Let's go shave our legs now, ladies!" So lame.

Whitney totally reminds me of Courtney too, which worries me. Does that mean he could end up choosing her? I hope she stays long enough to cause a lot of tension and drama.
October 11th, 2012, 02:59 PM
I hope not! That's a waste of a season! But agreed, hopefully she stays for a bit to make things interesting. I think something is going to happen between her and Gabrielle.

I don't have a clear favourite yet, just the ones I'm not a fan of...I'm so mean!

Chantelle impressed me, but I really don't think she'll win.

Jess
October 12th, 2012, 12:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'll join in here too!

I HATE the host! really this is the best we could do Canada? Really?

The bachelor seems kinda wimpy to me. Honestly, if he says 'awe that's soooo cute' or 'shush your mouth' one more time I may vomit..

As for the girls. I liked Kara off the bat (I think that's her name, the softball player) Bianca is SOO pretty, and Chantelle to me is adorable, but I wish she'd tone down the high pitched giggling.

I can't stand Whitney, I don't see any reason there would be an attraction there for her from him, but to each their own... also the girl who looks like Mila Kunis... can't stand her!
I liked the playboy model, but she kinda lost it episode 2 for me. Also the Wpg girls were pretty quick to be sent home! oh well... next time!
Jessimaaka likes this.

October 12th, 2012, 01:12 PM
Yeah, I wish they could have found someone a little more Chris Harrison-esque...this guy's pretty dorky lol. But at least he's not a focus.

He's definitely not my cup of tea, but to each their own. There's also something about his teeth that bother me lol.

I need the girls narrowed down a bit more before I pick favourites. But I think the Mila Kunis one is Gabrielle. So not a fan!

I think it was kinda funny how Chantelle the pastor and Michelle the playboy model were friends...but yeah she kinda lost it for me when she was concerned about her child - I mean, that's a great thing, but its not like she had no idea how the Bachelor would work. But she headed home so I guess its for the best?
crunchywannabe likes this.

Jess
October 17th, 2012, 07:36 PM
Whitney drives me nuts. That is all.

Jess
October 18th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I know that she must be kept around for good tv... but I have not enjoyed one second that Whitney is on the show.

The horseback date was SOOO up my alley! I always watch reality tv shows on horse with such a "I could do that better" attitude! Kara is totally up in my books!

Bianca is falling out of favour for me, but the end of their date was a huge improvement from the beginning.

And Chantelle may be around this time, but she won't stay much longer! I like her too, I just see the 'i'm a virgin' convo as the kiss of death on these shows!

October 18th, 2012, 06:56 PM
I missed most of the horse date...my little one was having a moment I may rewatch the first part on demand tomorrow. I don't know a whole lot about horses so I'll keep that in mind! We're more of a harness horse racing family

I still don't have a clear favourite. I agree about Chantelle though, I can't see her long-term...and her giggle is really starting to get on my nerves.

I'm shocked he sent home 4 instead of 2 though!!!!!

Jess
October 18th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Maybe he sent the extra two home early to make it easier for us to pick our favourites? I think he's sending 4 more home next week too.

I still like Ana. Kara is good too. I can't think of anyone else who has stood out (in a good way).

I'm surprised with all the traveling they are doing. For some reason, I thought it would be more focused on Canada, but they've really been getting around.
October 18th, 2012, 07:16 PM
Agreed, they aren't showcasing different parts of Canada that they could be. I haven't been to too many places, but I love Niagara and St. Johns for scenery and things to do.

Is there a spoiler site? I tried googling before it started and didn't find much.

I agree that it might be easier to pick our favourites, I couldn't tell you much about the ones that went home

Jess
October 25th, 2012, 09:38 AM
I missed most of the episode this week. Two girls I work with had babies within a few weeks of me were over, and they left around quarter to 10. And Cameron was super fussy so I couldn't focus for the rest of it. But hometown dates next week? This is the shortest season ever!!!!!! I know Whitney and Gabrielle are still there but I missed who the last two are. I'm going to look and see if its playing on a random channel this afternoon or wait for it to show up on demand tomorrow and watch it properly.

Jess
October 25th, 2012, 12:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Bianca and Kara are the other 2.

Laura went home on a 2 on 1 with Bianca in Paris France! and Chantelle's grandpa died so she left.

This won't be the popular answer but I really wasn't that irritated by Whitney this week... if she wasn't interviewed or at the cocktail party I think I'd actually really like her. They do react well with each other.

I really was surprised that he chose Gabrielle over Ana. I don't like her at all. I think she is actually worse than Whitney now.

I agree SHORTEST SEASON EVER! But to be honest, I like the American versions so much better! This isn't the most interesting series I've seen!

October 25th, 2012, 01:18 PM
I haven't been too much of a fan of Gabrielle. I saw that Chantelle had to leave. It would have been interesting to see if he would have kept her or not.

Yeah, the American one is better...only because it is longer and it has Chris as the host, and Sean is the next Bachelor right? Yum! Didn't find it on TV today so I'll catch up completely tomorrow!

Jess
October 27th, 2012, 01:35 PM
So tried 3 times to watch...kept losing interest...finally giving up...interested to see hometown dates next week though

Jess

Tags
bachelor

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search