11/13 - Challenge #10

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Countrymom4
  • 2 Post By crunchywannabe
  • 1 Post By ~MamaTutu~
  • 2 Post By magz88

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 13th, 2012, 05:28 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Share your TTC experience. Or how you found out if any of your LOs were not planned.

50 words = 5 points
100 words = 10 points
200 words = 20 points

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
November 13th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
We started by TTC for over a year.Finally became pregnant, but was a tubal so that had to be terminated. Shortly after the surgery I became pregnant again, doctors did not know if I was or if it was hormones from the last pregnany. A ultra sound confirmed there was a baby. DD#1 was born almost 7 week early so we epent a couple weeks in the nicu.

We tried for baby #2 for almost a year and started to think this was not ment to be. So we got a small dog. Some after I became pregnant.

DH taked me into trying one more time for a boy, #3 I became pregnant instantly and it was a boy.

#4 was a surprise for us all and was just ment to be to round off our 2 girls 2 boys.
Jessimaaka likes this.

November 13th, 2012, 11:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
When we moved to our new home in the country in April, we decided to stop preventing pregnancy. We knew it would only be a matter of time, but just incase agreed that come October, should we not already be pregnant that we would 'actively' start trying using temping and charting. Dh had a hard time committing to TTC, but I had stopped taking hormonal birth control in 2010 after my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. I was worried about the hormones I was putting into my own body and wanted to go a more natural route. Luckily in some ways Dh was in Afghanistan when my mom was diagnosed and by the time her came home, he went on several courses right away out of province. It wasn't until we moved that he was really home on a regular basis.
We NTNP all spring/summer, and then he left a course for his new job at the beginning of August. We must have conceived the night he got home.
I didn't think I was pregnant though, and really only tested out of boredom on cycle day 37 (not abnormal for me). Trying to explain the dating process of pregnancy was difficult though because for the first 2 weeks you aren’t pregnant yet……. Which Dh didn’t understand at first, and he had a mini panic because 2 weeks prior he was on the east coast! lol
~MamaTutu~ and Jessimaaka like this.

November 13th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Aww, love those stories!

DH and I agreed that once we had been married for a year and we moved out of our apartment (3rd floor, no elevator, no air conditioning...) we would TTC. In June of 2011 we bought our house, moving in in September. Nov 6 2011 was our 1 year anniversary, and I tested on Dec 4 and got my bfp!

DH says I 'tricked' him because we got it on our first try. We have friends that are struggling (2.5 years, just had a 3rd failed IUI, moving on to IVF), so I was warning him that it likely would take a few months. He wanted to sway for a boy but because I had warned him that it wouldn't happen right away we didn't do anything. We ended up with a boy anyways. We would have been happy either way, and we were team green so we didn't know until he got here

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
November 13th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
With the first, we tried guessing when I was O'ing for the first 3-4 months, but that didn't work because I have irregular cycles. So I borrowed a friend's fertility monitor and got pregnant the second month of using it.

With the second, I was more regular in my cycle, but decided to start using the monitor right away. But we somehow always ended up at his parents' house when I was O'ing, so we kept missing our chance. Then one month, it lasted a couple of days longer, until we got home from another visit. It felt like fate. So we DTD the night we got home and got pregnant.
Jessimaaka likes this.
November 13th, 2012, 09:31 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
I was not planning on having children and I told Richard that and he was fine with it. I had an IUD fitted in November 2010.

In December of 2011 I noticed that I had missed a period. When I was younger and had PCOS symptoms I used to miss them all the time and I paid it no mind. Then in January I missed it again. We did the pregnancy test while we were out of town at my friend's house.

Richard really wanted to have a kid and my brother and his wife were pregnant so I figured that it was a sign that I should just have one. And so I did and now we have Theo.
Countrymom4 and Jessimaaka like this.

Tags
challenge , challenge questions , challenges

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search