Three for Thursday

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 14th, 2012, 09:13 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
1. Do you like hot and cloudy, or cold and sunny weather?
2. Do you prefer dry heat or humidity and cooler?
3. What is the scariest weather "thing" you've experienced?

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
November 15th, 2012, 07:43 AM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
1. Do you like hot and cloudy, or cold and sunny weather? Cold and sunny.
2. Do you prefer dry heat or humidity and cooler? Cool humidity.
3. What is the scariest weather "thing" you've experienced?

When I was 14 I participated in an exchange to Spain. The host parents had a cottage in a village up in the mountains. One day we were there, my host and her cousin and I went to the corner store. It had been a blustery day and the wind had picked up even more while we were on our walk. The streets are very windy and narrow there and the wind just blew right between the buildings. It was so windy that I had to fight the wind and get myself into a doorway, my host was very light and she was actually blown back a bit by the wind before she could get into a doorway. The wind slowed down a bit and we were able to rush to a cross street where the wind wasn't blowing.

It freaked me out.
November 15th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
1. Do you like hot and cloudy, or cold and sunny weather? cold and sunny
2. Do you prefer dry heat or humidity and cooler? humidity and cooler
3. What is the scariest weather "thing" you've experienced? I have been in a couple tornado, that have went through part of the yard or lifted before hitting.

Thank You tasha_mae

November 15th, 2012, 08:48 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
1. Do you like hot and cloudy, or cold and sunny weather? Hot and cloudy
2. Do you prefer dry heat or humidity and cooler? Dry heat
3. What is the scariest weather "thing" you've experienced? A tornado hit a campground where we were camping in tents. It was experience I never want to have again. I still have the scars where debris hit me. I will say that the eye of it was really cool in a creepy sort of way.

November 15th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
1. Do you like hot and cloudy, or cold and sunny weather? hot and cloudy
2. Do you prefer dry heat or humidity and cooler? a little bit of humidity but not too much
3. What is the scariest weather "thing" you've experienced? We had a microburst hit us once (very similar to a tornado, but different) I've also been close to where F5 tornadoes hit.... interesting story my brother who was 16 at the time was working at the local area radio station alone, when the F5 tornado hit the town by where I grew up. In 20 min. he had over 200 phone calls reporting injuries and damage etc. He was given an award for his actions at work that day!

November 15th, 2012, 04:18 PM
MissLoki's Avatar Super Mommy
1. Do you like hot and cloudy, or cold and sunny weather? Cool and sunny.
2. Do you prefer dry heat or humidity and cooler? Anything is better than humidity. Its especially miserable when it's cold and humid.
3. What is the scariest weather "thing" you've experienced? Ice storm of 98!

November 15th, 2012, 08:44 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
1. Do you like hot and cloudy, or cold and sunny weather? hot & cloudy
2. Do you prefer dry heat or humidity and cooler? humidity & cooler
3. What is the scariest weather "thing" you've experienced? The 5-6 hr thunderstorm in the summer of 2011 that travelled up the 401...we were still in our apartment and had an awesome view

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
November 15th, 2012, 09:38 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
1. Do you like hot and cloudy, or cold and sunny weather?Definitely hot and cloudy!
2. Do you prefer dry heat or humidity and cooler? Dry heat, I hate humid weather.
3. What is the scariest weather "thing" you've experienced? When I was just young (4 I think?) the river behind our home had a huge ice jam, which caused a huge flood. The water was above our garage door at one point. It completely ruined our house, to the point that it had to be torn down
November 16th, 2012, 01:59 PM
Corrupt's Avatar Happy Mama
1. Do you like hot and cloudy, or cold and sunny weather? oh cold sunny i suppose
2. Do you prefer dry heat or humidity and cooler?cool humidity
3. What is the scariest weather "thing" you've experienced? we used to live on a big hill. one day, when i was about 10, i went out to play in a thunderstorm - which I often did. I splished around the corner of our house and there was a ball of light floating along a short distance away. I had a moment to puzzle over what it was (ball lightning) before there was a big flash and earsplitting BANG! I hightailed it to the door. My parents, who just happened to be watching me through the window at the right time, were beside themselves with laughter at the look on my face. I endured years of teasing over that.

Tags
thursday , thursday three

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search