Three for Thursday

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mccaroline
  • 1 Post By crunchywannabe
  • 1 Post By MissLoki

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 28th, 2012, 08:34 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
1. If you could purchase one "want" not "need" item for yourself right now, what would it be?

2. What was the last thing you felt guilty about?

3. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
November 28th, 2012, 09:39 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
1. If you could purchase one "want" not "need" item for yourself right now, what would it be?r
A trip.

2. What was the last thing you felt guilty about?
Today I was feeling guilty about not trying to understand my brother's OCD better before now.

3. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
Coffee today.
November 29th, 2012, 08:35 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
1. A new house
2. Buying a new tablet, even though it was with birthday gift money.
3. Stamps from the post office.
November 29th, 2012, 09:19 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I want a serger, I've wanted one for a couple of years now. If anyone were to give me a couple of hundred dollars and tell me it was fun money I would have one by sun down!

Not sure what the last thing was that I felt really guilty about. I feel minor mommy guilt about lots of things with my kids, but nothing that keeps me up at night.

I just paid cash this morning for some fleece to finish a project I've been working on. I actually pay cash for most items, helps with the budget, if I don't have the money in my wallet I don't get it.
magz88 likes this.

November 29th, 2012, 09:58 AM
1. If you could purchase one "want" not "need" item for yourself right now, what would it be? a Wii

2. What was the last thing you felt guilty about? Buying new exercise shoes...my old ones are in decent shape but covered in dust from playing baseball in them

3. What was the last thing you paid for with cash? I just picked up an Ergo from kijiji this morning

Jess
November 29th, 2012, 10:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
1. If you could purchase one "want" not "need" item for yourself right now, what would it be?I feel like I just bought everything I really wanted. I want a second lens for my brandnew camera, but only because they didn't have one in stock when I bought the camera last week!

2. What was the last thing you felt guilty about?Being so angry at my SIL and talking about her infront of my nephew. (he's 13 months old) but I still feel like that wasn't appropriate or fair of me.

3. What was the last thing you paid for with cash? Groceries. We use cash for everything.
magz88 likes this.

November 29th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
1. If you could purchase one "want" not "need" item for yourself right now, what would it be? a camera

2. What was the last thing you felt guilty about? losing my patience with my #4

3. What was the last thing you paid for with cash? my dog getting her nails trimmed. I also pay mostly with cash.
November 29th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Wow, lots of cash only ladies. I want to move to that, but my DH loves his debit card. Everything is paid by debit except coffee (cash). We don't use credit cards though, so its not so bad.

Jess
November 30th, 2012, 08:43 AM
MissLoki's Avatar Super Mommy
1. I'd buy an Ipad or a stand mixer
2. This is gonna sound super depressing but I'm feeling guilty all the time lately. Baby boy has some motor delay and a weird 'neurological' problem that makes his hands and feet shake when he's otherwise not actively occupied. We've done everything we could since we noticed it: we talked to his ped and she brushed it off, I was not happy with that so I filmed his 'tics' and took my kid to the emergency room and we were hospitalized and passed a scan and EEG (both normal), transfered in pediatric neurology, made appointments with chiropractors, talked again to his ped and were transfered in physical therapy and still... I feel like it's my fault. That I passed on some defective gene, that I did something wrong during pregnancy/labor, that I was not stimulating him enough/too much, that I should have seen it earlier... So yeah, I feel guilty about that. Sorry for the novel, it's just pretty heavy on my mind lately.
3. Probably food.

November 30th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLoki View Post
This is gonna sound super depressing but I'm feeling guilty all the time lately. Baby boy has some motor delay and a weird 'neurological' problem that makes his hands and feet shake when he's otherwise not actively occupied. We've done everything we could since we noticed it: we talked to his ped and she brushed it off, I was not happy with that so I filmed his 'tics' and took my kid to the emergency room and we were hospitalized and passed a scan and EEG (both normal), transfered in pediatric neurology, made appointments with chiropractors, talked again to his ped and were transfered in physical therapy and still... I feel like it's my fault. That I passed on some defective gene, that I did something wrong during pregnancy/labor, that I was not stimulating him enough/too much, that I should have seen it earlier... So yeah, I feel guilty about that. Sorry for the novel, it's just pretty heavy on my mind lately.
You are clearly doing everything in your power to help him, you're obviously a good mama. I hope you get some answers on that soon, it sounds scary!

Jess
November 30th, 2012, 11:09 AM
MissLoki's Avatar Super Mommy
Thank you, you're very sweet I know that we're doing everything we can and we are actually very early in this process so it might end up being only transitional (he's only 9 months so we are taking every precaution/mesures possible) but it's the not knowing that kills me. Every horrible scenario is going through my head, even tho I know I should stop being so anxious. *sigh*
Jessimaaka likes this.

Tags
thursday , thursday three

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search