.::December Chat Thread::.

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 13th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Extra money is always great!

Cameron had his 4 month shots today. He finally just passed out, is super upset and has a fever of 102. I've dosed him with infant Tylenol, and I've got a cool cloth on his forehead. If it goes any higher, we're calling the on-call doctor or going to emerg.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
December 14th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Is Cameron feeling better yet? Poor guy.

James and I got out of the house for the first time in two days (Leah has been home sick.). It was nice getting some fresh air. I'm hoping the extra activity equals a longer nap this afternoon.

What are you ladies up to this weekend?
December 14th, 2012, 10:40 AM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Poor little Cameron - Theo has his shots this coming Tuesday, I hope he doesn't get sick.

Yay, for getting out of the house!

A friend of Rich's is stopping by to visit the baby tomorrow. Other than that we are laying low, cleaning the house and Rich has to do something with the hardware for the wall mount for the bedroom door because I don't want it on the living room floor anymore.
December 14th, 2012, 02:40 PM
He's better today thanks! He's not quite himself yet, but no fever. I was starting to freak out a bit!

We got random stuff going on this weekend...we'll see how much we get through! Including hopefully picking up my treadmill!!!! Yay!

Jess
December 15th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
My house is cold free !!!! At the moment.

December 15th, 2012, 08:55 AM

My house is almost! I still have no voice but otherwise feel normal.

We have a puppy play date to go to today Our puppy Bama, 5 of her siblings and her mama will be there. Her mama's owner is going to Alberta for a co-op job for 8 months, so this is the last time its going to happen for a while. We're supposed to get ice pellets later this afternoon so I'm hoping its holds off long enough for the dogs to let off some steam first.

Jess
December 15th, 2012, 11:31 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My oldest DD scored 4 goals in her ringette game this morning! I'm so proud of her, so I'm just braging for a moment.
~MamaTutu~ and Countrymom4 like this.

December 15th, 2012, 11:40 AM
You're a mom. Its your job to brag! Great job!!!!!
mccaroline likes this.

Jess
December 15th, 2012, 04:41 PM
4 goals! That's awesome.
mccaroline likes this.
December 15th, 2012, 05:44 PM
We're pretty proud of her, there were only 6 goals scored by her team, the other 2 were her assists. That girl was on fire this morning!

We let her pick supper tonight as a reward for such a good game, we had Chinese. I haven't bought Chinese in a long time, it was a lot more expensive than I was expecting. I'm going to need a job if she keeps playing like this!

December 16th, 2012, 11:51 AM
I can't wait to put Cam in organized sports....not sure what it will be yet, he can make that decision.

Jess
December 16th, 2012, 01:12 PM
DD1 started when she was 5. We were doing a story time through the city and it was at a community center attached to an ice rink. She saw a ringette game being played and told me "Mommy I don't know what that is, but I need to play it" I signed her up that fall and she never looked back.

DD2 also started at 5, she just started this fall. I think she's just playing ringette because her big sister does and she wants to be just like her big sister, but that's OK for now. It's not like we made her, we offered her dance lessons, swimming lessons, figure skating lessons, but nope she wanted ringette too.
Jessimaaka and magz88 like this.

December 16th, 2012, 05:43 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
We have tried a few sports.
DD#1 dance age 3, skating age 4, soccer age 4 or 5, finally decided skating at age 7 Thankfully she has slowed the competitions and the provincial team. added rodeo this year

DD#2 Dance age 3, Skating age 4, Hockey age 5, TKD age 6, and back to skating at age 7, also added rodeo

DS#1 skating age4

and all threehave played baseball every year since age 3

December 16th, 2012, 08:58 PM
As a child, I played baseball every year till I was 16ish, and then when I was 3 it was ballet, 4-5 it was gymnastics, 6-7 it was skating, 8 to adult it was baton twirling. We added recreational dance (i.e. no competitions) when I was 12. I was a competitive twirler from 8-14. When I was 14, I had a finger injury, and stopped competing.

Jess
December 17th, 2012, 07:44 AM
Cripes I'm not sure I can list all the things I was involved in as a child.

I started Guiding at 6 and I'm still in it. I tried baseball for a couple of summers, did soccer for one summer, took a lot of swimming lessons, did horse back riding, did quite a few years of gymnastics, did 4-H as I got older and took flute and piccolo lessons.

December 17th, 2012, 09:37 AM
Oh and Guiding! Did that from about 6-18

Anyone else starting to panic since Christmas is ONE WEEK AWAY!!!!

Jess
December 17th, 2012, 09:49 AM
When I was a kid, I did gymnastics for 2 years, piano for about 8 years, jazz for 6 years, ballet for 2 years, baseball for 1 year, and swimming every summer for lots of years - up to bronze cross but I failed the final test.

Brownies for two years and Ventures for 1 or 2 years in high school.

It's a balmy 6 degrees out there so I think Theo and I will go for a walk to the Shopper's Drug Mart.

I am not stressed about Xmas, we know where we are going. It's supposed to squall this weekend but hopefully the drive up North won't be bad.
December 17th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
8 days! I was a bit panicky, but my cousin offered to watch the kids tomorrow night so that DH and I can finish our shopping. Now to get the baking started...

I was involved in a lot of artsy stuff as a kid, but not much sports. I was in volleyball one year at school, and was on the jump rope team from grade 4-6. Not sure why, but my parents seemed to stick to the old-fashioned stereotypes, so my sister and I did ballet and then piano and my brother was signed up for all the sports (he hated all of them though. not an athlete at all)

My daughter tried ballet last year (per her request) and hated it and is now in tap and loves that. She tried swimming twice and flunked both times, so we'll try that again in a couple of years.

I suspect James will be in hockey. We've taken him skating twice (he's 2.5) and he was a total natural and I take him to the rink Wednesday mornings to watch the retired guys play their weekly game. He loves it.
December 17th, 2012, 10:59 AM
I'm so not in the Christmas spirit this year. I have no idea why, but I just can't seem to get into it. I haven't even done any baking for it this year, I haven't been able to make it to church for any of the Advent services, the house isn't clean, I'm not even done shopping. Oh well, it will get here and whatever is ready is and whatever isn't will just be skipped this year.

December 17th, 2012, 01:05 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
DD (5) is in her third year of dance (tap, jazz, and ballet) and loves it! They both do soccer in the summers, and I'm signing DS (almost 4) up for skating tonight since he wants to play hockey next year. I danced for 12 ish years, played basketball for 5, volleyball for 3, soccer and softball for 2 each, plus swimming lessons and brownies.

I'm getting very excited for Christmas! We're finished shopping, and about halfway finished wrapping. I just need to bake

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search