.::December Chat Thread::.

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 17th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I just finished all the great grandparents and grandparents gifts! Just need to wrap them, but want to show them to DH first.

Productive Monday for me

I think Cameron will play hockey - he already has his first pair of skates - my mom's friend's husband works for Bauer, and it was her shower gift to him. They are so cute! My family is very much a hockey family. DH however is all about soccer. We'll see what he ends up doing. Oh and he lives for Sunday football, he doesn't take his eyes off the screen lol. He may just like all the colours, who knows yet haha.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
December 17th, 2012, 03:49 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Rich didn't start playing hockey till he was around 19 years old so he wants Theo to learn when he is young. I would like to get him into speed skating. Probably for the same reason that Rich wants him to learn hockey.

But really, we won't push him into anything whatever he wants within what is available in the city that we live in and that we can afford.

Oh, and I am not willing to take him to things more than two nights a week.
December 18th, 2012, 07:16 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I had the two days/week rule too, but I broke it last night when I signed the kids up for skating.. originally I was just planning on lessons for Ry but they were cheaper than expected and only last 3 months, and Alyssa really wants to go too. They are tw nights and she has dance on Saturday mornings.
December 18th, 2012, 07:42 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL! The two night a week thing doesn't work here. I've had to make it 2 activities a season. Ringette takes 4 days a week alone, DD1 has 2 practices and 1-2 games each week and DD2 has 1 practice and 1 game each week. Plus the girls and I are all involved in Guiding.

December 18th, 2012, 08:48 AM
Busy busy ladies! How do you make time to come on JM?!

Jess
December 18th, 2012, 01:22 PM
LOL! I come on here when I'm trying to avoid cleaning!

December 18th, 2012, 02:56 PM
^^lol

A woman in my PR mentioned she does sweepstakes and I decided I would try the hobby since I am not working right now. Holy merengue! I did not realize that there were so many contests out there to enter. I spent the last 3 days entering them. It would be nice to just win one thing (lots would be better though).
December 18th, 2012, 07:42 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
We run everyday of the week....with one or another child.

Christmas count down and I am waiting on Canada Post

December 18th, 2012, 08:46 PM
I ordered Christmas cards from Shutterfly on Nov 27. Nov 29 I get notification they are shipped. Still not here. I am so upset. So even if I get them tomorrow, they won't go out in time for Christmas. Most of the people I was planning to send them to I'll see over Christmas but it still sucks. I wanted to mail them like everyone else!

I tried customer service, but 'international' shipping doesn't have tracking numbers. Now I'm just hoping they're here sometime soon.

And I have no recourse apparently. Next time I'm going to Walmart. I had a coupon otherwise I would have done that in the first place.

Jess
December 19th, 2012, 08:59 AM
I'm waiting on something from the US too. I want to know when it started taking 6 weeks to get something from the US to Canada? I mailed something from Canada to the US and it took 10 days. But the item I ordered on the 12th apparently won't be here until January 24th! Valentine's present anyone?

December 19th, 2012, 09:09 AM
I've never had it take that long from the US to Canada!

Now that I have a tablet, JM time is easier to find because I almost always haveit with me and check in when I can.
December 19th, 2012, 10:00 AM
That's too bad that your things aren't making it Jess and mccaroline. I know whenever I order from the States it takes at least 2 weeks to get here and from the UK it only takes a week. Go figure!

Jess, it usually only takes 2 business days within the province so you might be good until tomorrow for in-province people. I hope they come today.
December 19th, 2012, 10:17 AM
At least my item is just for DH, he's a big boy and will understand. The kids stuff is wrapped and ready, Santa will make his appearance as scheduled.

December 19th, 2012, 12:24 PM
They're not here today If they had said this week, I wouldn't have ordered them.

Jess
December 19th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Awe, that's too bad that they didn't come in. It's crazy how long shipping is taking for them.

December 19th, 2012, 04:09 PM
That's more than 10 business days!!! Walmart next year for sure.

Couple more days till the longest night of the year!

Jess
December 19th, 2012, 04:30 PM
And then the days get longer! Yayyyy!

Theo's grandmother jumped out of her house to offer to babysit Theo when we left the house on our walk to the convenience store. She offered the car so I could go to the gym so I took her up on it. She likes to have him once a week or so.

She told me Richard's grandma died though. She was 92 and her funeral is on Saturday - we will drive down to TO in the morning for the funeral and then back up to PS for our Christmas with my brothers and Mum. It was his father's mother and the family lives in Peterborough. I never met his Grandma or any of his father's relatives. I am looking forward to it. It would be great to have family contacts in Peterborough since that is where we are going to move after Theo does JK here.
December 19th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Sorry about his grandma

Finished up a batch of turtle chocolates tonight, but I have to give most of them away
December 19th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Sorry to hear that Maggie, and right before Christmas.

Yum, I love Turtles (said in the way they do on the commercials don't lie, you went back and read it haha).

I am having tons of fun at the Aug 12 PR virtual Christmas party....we may want to consider doing one sometime

Jess
December 19th, 2012, 07:26 PM
OK, gotta ask, what's with the Christmas Goats?
Jessimaaka likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search