.::December Chat Thread::.

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 19th, 2012, 07:09 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
LOL

We are having a virtual Christmas party, its just a bunch of silliness, and Corrupt (she visits here) "brought a goat" with her to the party...and it just kind of spiraled from there....most ladies in the Aug 2012 PR that are online today have goats in their avatar or siggy. I 'brought' Ryan Reynolds as my date...so I have him in my siggy, and a poem to him, and the little message under my username relates to him

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
December 19th, 2012, 08:09 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL! OK, I just noticed one in the Aug 2011 PR too, and was starting to wonder what was happening to JM and goats!
Jessimaaka likes this.

December 19th, 2012, 08:48 PM
We kinda posted in a few other groups...

Someone "mooned" the Dec 12 DDC, I posted in the Feb 13 DDC, there was another one in the Nov 12 PR, two in the Aug 13 DDC, and a couple in the UK mommies.

It was a lot of fun!

Jess
December 20th, 2012, 06:14 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
It was a lot of fun! I stuck a post it on my tablet to remind me to take the goat out of my siggy this morning
Jessimaaka likes this.
December 20th, 2012, 08:29 AM
Lol, I removed everything this morning except for my avatar, I'm going to keep that till Christmas

And now back to finishing Christmas stuff today, although my 4 month old refuses to sleep so I can't get much done.

Jess
December 20th, 2012, 10:27 AM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Theo only just fell asleep so I can have something to eat. I am starving.
December 20th, 2012, 02:27 PM
I love being a sahm, don't get me wrong, but right now I'd love to be able to pay someone to take my kids. I can't for the life of me keep DS out of things that he shouldn't be in, DD2 is still sick, DD1 wants attention that I just can't give her because I'm so busy with DS and DD2 and I'm simply exhausted trying to deal with it all.

December 20th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Hugs.

I didn't have a good day either

On the bright side, my Christmas cards finally showed up. I got them at noon, and had them at the post office by 2pm (impressive considering my needy baby today). They said the ones with postal codes starting with N will definitely be there before Christmas! Which was most of them I have a few starting with K's which might make it there before Christmas, or possibly the next business day (the 27th), so not too bad.

Jess
December 20th, 2012, 03:23 PM
I'm glad you finally got them! Getting them out today too is pretty impressive!

Today was our strike day. For those of you without school aged kids or not in Ontario, all the teachers in Ontario are taking a one day strike with each school board being a different day. Ours was today, which means I've been home with the kids all day. Not normally a big deal and I was really looking forward to having the day with them, but every possible thing is going wrong and I'm starting to get frustrated. I'm actually loosing my cool with all of them, sick, tired or not. Not a good mommy day.

December 20th, 2012, 03:50 PM
Oh bill 115. That's frustrating that nothing worked out for you Kids tend to go crazy when they get extra time off. I hope things are resolved before you're hit with another revolving strike - last I heard, they were planning to continue them in the new year if things aren't resolved by Dec. 31 I believe?

I was wondering how it will work if there's striking when Cameron goes to school, I get 3 personal days a year, I'll be using those!

Jess
December 20th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Oh good grief this had better be resolved before your son gets to school age!

I have no idea what they are planning to do after the holidays. Right now I'm just frustrated with the kids being the pawns. I realize the teachers have a point to make, I realize the goverment is giving them a raw deal, but it's not the kids fault. That's all I'm going to say about that because I'm not looking to start a debate and I know it's a touchy subject.

December 20th, 2012, 05:01 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I'm sorry you had such a rough day!

I'm glad your cards came in time!

We had a teacher's strike here a few years ago, but instead of days off the students ended up with 2 hour lunch breaks :S
December 20th, 2012, 05:09 PM
That's an odd way to do a strike. The last time we had a strike here I was in highschool and it was an all out strike that lasted a few weeks.

December 20th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
We had a teachers strike here too We homeschool all week someone has been sick so we have done no school at all...

On another note....the kids gave up one present each this year so we could adopt a local family. Tonight we delivered food, cloths and toys to a single mom. DD#2 was super excited and want to do it again next year.

December 20th, 2012, 07:36 PM
What a rotten way to end up with no school.

What a nice thing for your family to do. I'm sure the other family really appreciated what you've done for them.

December 20th, 2012, 07:51 PM
It doesn't affect me this time around, but I understand how it can get touchy.

Hope everyone's feeling better soon Chrystal!

We visited some of our good friends tonight, Cameron made strange with the husband! They are the nicest couple ever, I was so embarrassed! The husband is an OPP officer and he's busy so he's only met Cam twice before (the wife is my bff and he had no issues with her).

Jess
December 20th, 2012, 08:39 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
I'm so glad that your cards came in Jess!

My Mum is a principal and I had her give me the lowdown on what Bill 115 was about. She isn't in the union since she is a principal so she already has been dealt whatever the deal is.
December 21st, 2012, 05:33 AM
4 days till Christmas Eve

I love Christmas, seeing our family and everyone is generally in a good mood

Jess
December 21st, 2012, 06:15 AM
I think I'm looking forward to Christmas Eve. I agreed to do a reading at church that night, but I didn't realize until after I agreed that the reading they want me to do is for the candlelight service not the family service. So it means going with the kids to the family service, dropping them and my husband off at my SIL's for their Christmas Eve dinner then me going back to the church on my own for the candlelight service. All the kids get a gift to open at the dinner I hope I don't miss that part, but I have a bad feeling I will.

December 21st, 2012, 07:56 AM
Awww, I hope they wait for you. We're attending the 8pm mass with my family and have apps and such after that. Before that, we're visiting DH's aunt's to see his mom's side.

Jess

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search