.::December Chat Thread::.

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree17Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2012, 09:18 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
That's crazy that all those adult children are living at home, Jess. Theo is out at 18 except to come back for summers while he is studying/training for his career.
December 31st, 2012, 05:55 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Haha, I stayed at home till 23 but I was at university. My 26 year old sister has been out for 4 years (since she finished school) and its temporary, but it still adds another mouth to feed! My brother that's 24 needs to get out...he's a licenced drywaller and has moved out and come back several times. My sister is 22 today! She's looking to move out soon with her boyfriend or possibly now with my other sister...she has 2 part time jobs but is still looking for a full time one - she's scared of not having enough to support herself on pt work. My youngest brother is in 2nd year at Laurier (woo! My school!) so he will be there for a few more years yet, which is fine.

I agree about getting out when they're done school, provided they have a job where they can support themselves. My parents are far too lenient. But we'll see what happens when I get to that point, I may be a softie too

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
December 31st, 2012, 08:01 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
So hard to believe that it's the last day of 2012!

Cleaning today, and tons of laundry. I starting purging stuff yesterday, and want to do more today. First though, we're heading out to the library and grocery store
December 31st, 2012, 10:22 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by magz88 View Post
That's crazy that all those adult children are living at home, Jess. Theo is out at 18 except to come back for summers while he is studying/training for his career.
Good luck! I stayed at home to go to school then lived at home while I worked for two years and didn't move out until I was married at 23.

I'm OK with my grown kids living at home to some extent, I know they are staying out of trouble that way.

December 31st, 2012, 12:42 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I also live walking distance from my parents...lol!

So I was running some errands this morning, with Cameron, and was debating stopping to get gas, or go to the next city where I had something to exchange and get gas there. I decided to get gas across the street from where I was. I went to pull in beside the pump....and MY CAR KEPT GOING!!! I maneuvered into the only parking spot available (a handicapped one unfortunately) and used the snowbank to stop the car. A brake line went. I was able to stop fine leaving the plaza across the street. Imagine if I had got on the highway instead?!?! I kept calling DH on his personal cell phone and his work phone. It took me half an hour to reach him. He was just finishing work anyways (short day because of new years!), and came and picked us up while we waited for CAA. There was a Tim Hortons beside the gas station where Cam and I waited while trying to get a hold of DH since I had less than a quarter of a tank of gas in the car and couldn't keep the car running to keep Cam warm.

(x-posted in Aug 12 PR )

What a way to end 2012. Anyone else's year going out with a bang?

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
December 31st, 2012, 01:55 PM
No bangs here. Just the fun of 2 girls with little attitudes, and a wonderful son who stuck a sucker in my hair. How my 17 month old managed to get, open and lick a sucker on his own I'm not sure, but he did a pretty good job of sticking it to my hair as I tried to get it away from him. Let me tell you gold fish are not a good substitute for a sucker in a little boy's mind

December 31st, 2012, 03:57 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Wow, Jess, I'm glad it worked out okay!

Did you manage to get it out of your hair okay?

Watching Barbie's Three Muskateers, Alyssa's pick. She promised to watch Iron Man with Rylan tomorrow
December 31st, 2012, 04:39 PM
Surprisingly (or maybe not) baby wipes do a really good job of disolving suckers and I was able to get it out of my hair with a couple.

Sitting here having a movie night with the kids, first we watched Brave now we're watching Secret of the Wings. DS is too little to be interested so he's running in circles and stealing popcorn.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search