Sunday Shopping!

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 2nd, 2012, 10:41 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Are you doing most of your Christmas shopping online or in-store?
Do you have a set budget per child?
Who do you buy for other than your immediate family?
Do you have a goal date to be finished by?
Where do you hide your purchases from the kids/SO?
Do you prefer to give actual gifts or gift cards?

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
December 2nd, 2012, 10:52 AM
Corrupt's Avatar Happy Mama
Are you doing most of your Christmas shopping online or in-store?We did about half and half this year
Do you have a set budget per child?yes but DD got less because there's only so much you can buy an infant
Who do you buy for other than your immediate family?parents, sisters, Grandma, MIL/FIL, friend and her husband, their kids, another girlfriend, niece and nephew, 3 cousins
Do you have a goal date to be finished by?the beginning of December
Where do you hide your purchases from the kids/SO?spare bedroom closet but that will change next year
Do you prefer to give actual gifts or gift cards?actual gifts
December 2nd, 2012, 12:51 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Are you doing most of your Christmas shopping online or in-store?Online
Do you have a set budget per child? Not buying Theo any gifts this year. Set budget per family member though.
Who do you buy for other than your immediate family? Brothers and their wives and kids, both mothers.
Do you have a goal date to be finished by? Christmas!
Where do you hide your purchases from the kids/SO? Under the crib.
Do you prefer to give actual gifts or gift cards? I like giving tangible gifts or specific experience items like a lift ticket for skiing or tickets to a play.
December 2nd, 2012, 01:02 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Are you doing most of your Christmas shopping online or in-store? in-store
Do you have a set budget per child? not this year, probably in the future though; DH and I discussed limits for each other
Who do you buy for other than your immediate family? siblings, parents, niece and nephew; this year grandparents are getting an ornament of Cameron's handprint, and pictures from our wedding that we finally got; we don't normally get them stuff
Do you have a goal date to be finished by? preferably in the next week or so, and then I start wrapping and put them under the tree
Where do you hide your purchases from the kids/SO? My closet, but DH's playstation 3 is in my wardrobe behind the clothes I don't fit back into yet. My parents live 2 minutes from us, and as the kids get older and snoopy, I'll hide them there
Do you prefer to give actual gifts or gift cards? actual gifts, although my SIL requested Chapters gift certs for our niece and nephew this year, which I'm ok with. We also get FIL's gf's son iTunes gift cards, but he's 14 and hard to buy for

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
December 2nd, 2012, 04:23 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Are you doing most of your Christmas shopping online or in-store? It's been about half and half this year.
Do you have a set budget per child? Not totally, but we try to keep things even between the older ones, since they're the only ones that would notice this year.
Who do you buy for other than your immediate family? Oh man.. MIL, my parents, SIL, her husband, her two girls, my brother and sister, my grandparents, his grandparents, four uncles, four aunts, his best friend, my best friend, and her two kids.
Do you have a goal date to be finished by? ]My goal is usually Dec. 1st, and I almost made it! Just two more things to pick up
Where do you hide your purchases from the kids/SO? In the basement, DH doesn't snoop and the kids don't to down alone.
Do you prefer to give actual gifts or gift cards? Definitely gifts, I only give gift cards if I'm REALLY stuck.
December 2nd, 2012, 04:38 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are you doing most of your Christmas shopping online or in-store? In store
Do you have a set budget per child? Not really, I try to even it out as much as possible but it depends on what each girl wants. DS is too little to have a wish list this year.
Who do you buy for other than your immediate family? My parents, DH's parents and all 7 nephews. We used to also shop for my BILs and SILs, but everyone decided that it was too much so there is no sibling gifts this year.
Do you have a goal date to be finished by? Dec 1, missed it this year, I have nothing for my parents or DH yet.
Where do you hide your purchases from the kids/SO? Everything goes in my closet.
Do you prefer to give actual gifts or gift cards? Gifts.

December 3rd, 2012, 08:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Are you doing most of your Christmas shopping online or in-store? in store. I had to buy DD's Stompeez online, but everything else was in store.
Do you have a set budget per child? Yes. This is our first year with a budget. We've realized we tend to go overboard with gifts, which isn't good for a number of reasons.
Who do you buy for other than your immediate family? My brother, my aunt and uncle, and one gift for a gift game with DH's family.
Do you have a goal date to be finished by? Normally I aim to be done a week before Christmas. I think we'll be done early this year.
Where do you hide your purchases from the kids/SO? In our closet.
Do you prefer to give actual gifts or gift cards? Gifts.

Tags
christmas , christmas shopping , sunday , sunday six

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search