~January Chat Thread~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree18Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 19th, 2013, 08:41 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Hooray for a new camera! I have a Canon Rebel XS EOS, but I'm almost ready for an upgrade!

Her business is really divided into two sub-businesses- one is marketing items for business' (everything from flyers and business cards to chocolate bars, mugs, and clothing). The other is wedding and party items (favours, personalized napkins etc, customized chocolate bars with pictures on them- they are probably my favourite item- and a lot of other things).

Alyssa had dance this morning, and has a friend coming over shortly.
January 19th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Oh that sounds neat!!!!

I was so super productive today! We did the floors, I got some paint chips and need to look at those for the bathroom and the spare room. I took down almost the entire border in the bathroom. I have a 2nd load of laundry in. I am on fire! Going to crash soon though!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
January 19th, 2013, 03:29 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Party is over, I am tired. Kids are over tired. DH is grumpy. As soon as the kids go to bed I'll post some pics. I wasn't in control of the camera though so I have no idea what I have for pics to post.

January 19th, 2013, 04:14 PM
How did it go? Good if everyone is tired? All I can think about is cupcakes...lol.

Jess
January 19th, 2013, 04:34 PM
I hope it went well!

2 of 4 kids are sleeping. I'm still working away, and watching the game
January 19th, 2013, 04:54 PM
The party was a blast! I didn't get to talk to many of the adults, but the kids were all running around having fun. Even the older cousins told me they like the games and everyone got prizes they liked. We had way too much food, cupcakes, fruit, veggies and dip and popcorn with the shake on flavours. I also had a variety of candy out on the tables for kids to grab. The room could have used a few more balloons for decoration, but we ran out of time and the guests were arriving so we just left it with what we had.

January 19th, 2013, 05:08 PM
We always end up with too much food as well. Yay! Glad it was good and everyone enjoyed it!!!!

How did the tickets work out?

Jess
January 19th, 2013, 05:23 PM
I'm glad it worked out so well!

My eyes are hurting from working so much on the computer today
January 19th, 2013, 07:12 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
That's great that the party went so well.

And it sounds like you have made some good headway on your renovations, Jess. I am hoping to get some painting done next week.

The Leafs won so DH is happy - lol.

I had an anxiety attack this afternoon while we went out shopping. Sigh. I can't stand busyness and traffic and it just got to me. Usually, I try to time things to avoid that kind of stress but today it didn't work out that way. I am feeling better now though.

I ordered a pair of Skechers running shoes from Astro yogurt. They have a promotion now that if you buy 6 specially marked Zero yogurts you get free Skechers. They have the yogurt on sale at Sobey's this week for $2/tub so I bought the 6 and then I just pay $4 shipping. So $16 for a pair of Skechers. I actually ordered a pair last week too but they were $22 total since the yogurt was $3/tub. Still, it's a good deal!
Countrymom4 likes this.
January 20th, 2013, 07:35 AM
So, we had a thunderstorm last night! So random in January!

Jess
January 20th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Wow, that is a good deal on the Sketchers!

Getting ready to head out for skating shortly, that rink is going to be cold..
January 20th, 2013, 11:18 AM
My DH was happy the leafs won last night too.

I missed the question about the tickets. We actually didn't use them all, I thought we would have but I had some left over. So we ended up just using the star tickets that I bought and not needing the drink tickets at all. And most of the kids handed in their tickets when they got their prizes so I'm hoping I can reuse at least some of them.

Sorry about the anxiety attack, I get those too, not fun. Great deal on the sketchers though!

We didn't get any thunder last night, but the wind! Oh my the wind was terrible.

January 20th, 2013, 04:30 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
We didn't get any thunder either. It was wickedly cold and windy today though and it is supposed to continue to be very cold all week.

I had an awesome workout at the gym this afternoon and Rich made salmon for dinner so all is well with the world.
January 20th, 2013, 05:03 PM
We had a pretty quiet day around here. Made it to church this morning, then came home and everyone had a nap, then went to DD2's ringette practice which I ended up running it was just too bad no one told me ahead of time so I could have been prepared, after that we drove to our out of town practice just to find out there was no power at the arena and it was cancelled.

January 20th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Prepping for a big birthday party on saturday. Spiderman themed... also anxious for tuesday because we finally get our official diagnosis for my son.. busy busy. lol

January 21st, 2013, 06:35 AM
Oh my, just catching up, busy busy!

Yay for all these birthday parties! We have a 1st birthday party this Saturday for a little girl, and my other friend who lives 2 hrs from me, her daughter turns 1 in 2 weeks. So exciting!

Jess
January 21st, 2013, 12:10 PM
I hope Tuesday goes well!

We're planning a Spider-Man party for Saturday too! But I don't have a lot of prep work to do, since we're having it at a bowling alley

Ran this morning, cleaned a bit, pizza's in the oven (not the healthiest, but we have to be at the rink at 5ish!).
January 21st, 2013, 02:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so glad I don't have to do any birthday parties for a bit, my younger 3 have birthdays in November so by the time I'm done those I'm partied out for a while. Next birthday is end of April, so thats kind of fun again.

This whole week is madness, just all sorts of appointments and things that are happening over top of the usual, but there's a few fun things in there too, so I can't really complain.
January 21st, 2013, 07:00 PM
This is a little funny so I have to share.

My oldest DD has been asked repeatedly to put away her gifts from her birthday party. They are still sitting in my livingroom. Well, I'm a firm believer in natural consequences. I was doing the dishes and thought that DS was being a little too quiet. I looked in the livingroom and there was DS sitting in the middle of her birthday presents eating a Toblerone bar that she got as part of a gift!

Somehow he found it, opened it and ate a good portion of it before I found him. I actually stopped to take a picture before calling her up from the playroom to see what happens when she doesn't do what she's asked. I'm apparently the meanest mommy ever now because I thought it was funny.
Jessimaaka likes this.

January 22nd, 2013, 08:43 AM
I'm very much that way too. If Sophia gets one of the kids toys that they didn't pick up when asked- oh well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search