~January Chat Thread~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree18Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2013, 03:55 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
its a good lesson though!

Phew, busy day here, just catching up on JM in general.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
January 22nd, 2013, 05:21 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Last night I wasn't feelong well so I went to bed early.

We had Theo's 2nd program today which is at the library. There were two women and babies who are also at the EYC program.

It was fun. The library is downtown. We got to see a bum dig through the garbage through the window. At the end of the session one of the women said that the bum actually used to be a professor but that his wife and children had died in a car accident and then he lost his mind. Interesting.
January 23rd, 2013, 06:34 PM
Awww, that's sad Maggie.

I got the most amazing pair of jeans at Marshalls today - they're Nine West - I am not normally big on name brand jeans, but oh my, these are amazing, they fit me perfectly and are so super comfy! I've been living in tights and yoga pants since giving birth, and I forgot how amazing a pair of jeans that fits can feel!
magz88 likes this.

Jess
January 23rd, 2013, 10:53 PM
Super Mommy
Jeans ftw. I miss them so much lol. I didnt bother with maternity jeans this time around so I live in sweatpants. I only have one pair of jeans that i fit comfortably and those are my ugly fat jeans Cant wait til march when I can have my body back.
January 24th, 2013, 05:23 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I need to go jean shopping. I just don't like doing it. We don't have a Marshalls in our city which is too bad, those sound nice!

January 24th, 2013, 08:35 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I need new jeans too, I bought a couple of pairs in November but they're loose on me now. Which is good. But, it also leaves me with nothing to wear
January 24th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Do you have a Winners? They carry the same stuff...the only difference I find between Marshalls and Winners is the shoe selection at Marshalls is WAYYYY better. And their prices are really good.

Jess
January 24th, 2013, 02:57 PM
There is a winners in our city, but I never find the selection is very good. Maybe it's because of my size because my two SILs find nice things there all the time.

January 24th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Ohh, Chantelle, I didn't see your post - YAY for things being too big!!!! I've lost almost 25lbs since October

If you're a popular size, Caroline, I agree, I never used to be able to find things. Now that I'm a little bigger, I'm finding more selection. But trying desperately to get back to my old size Also, if you are able to go earlier in the week like Monday/Tuesday, I find the selection is better than towards the end of the week and weekend. I guess they get shipments on Mondays?

Jess
January 24th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Yay for new jeans. I love the ones I got for Christmas.

They opened a Marshall's here a few months ago but I still haven't checked it out.
January 24th, 2013, 07:08 PM
You should check it out Maggie!

Jess
January 24th, 2013, 07:23 PM
I don't think I'm a popular size, my sil's are 6-8 and they find lots of stuff. A little bigger would be an understatement for me. I should go in and look now that I'm a couple sizes smaller, but they sell next to nothing in sizes 20-22. I've lost some weight since last July but not enough to be in regular sizes yet.

January 25th, 2013, 09:16 AM
We don't have a Marshall's here, but I go every time I'm in Maine- love it! We do have a Winner's an hour away, and I either find tons or nothing, depending on when I go.

Rylan and Troy had a boy's day out yesterday with Troy's best friend (more of a brother, and acts like an uncle to the kids, they call him uncle Thomas). So today Alyssa and I are going to dinner and shopping with my Mom and sister
January 25th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Yay for shopping!

We wandered the mall with a friend and her daughter today...and the weather got bad while were there, cars are in the ditch everywhere! We got maybe 2cm? I don't understand how people lose their heads over it

Jess
January 27th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Yeah, I don't get it either. Some people really just can't drive.

Rylan's birthday party went over great yesterday, he had a great time!
January 27th, 2013, 05:08 PM
That's good that Rylan's party was a success!

Our first night away from Theo went well. We still really like Peterborough. I wish it made sense to move right now!

My Mum had no problems watching Theo - I think they had fun together.
January 27th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Yay! Glad Rylan's party went well!

Love Peterborough Maggie, its such fun to visit! We drive through there when visiting my grandparents to DH's grandparents.

Busy busy weekend here and I still don't feel as though I got any further ahead. Load #4 of laundry on the go right now gah!

Jess
January 27th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Happy to hear the party went well!

Yay for a good night out! Double Yay that your mum had fun babysitting! It's always more fun to be out when you know your LO is having a good time too.

My DD1 used all her gift cards from her birthday plus a bit of money she has been saving and bought herself her first real camera today. She's one very happy 9 year old. She's been begging for a camera for a long time now but I wasn't sure if she was responsible to have one so she saved and bought it herself. I'm hoping she'll look after it now since she had to spend her own money.
magz88 likes this.

January 27th, 2013, 07:08 PM
Awww, what a great idea! I remember when I was younger I would get the disposables. I did get a *real* camera when I was about 7ish (it had FILM!!!), I wrecked it within a year...it was a gift and I think I would have taken better care of it if I had saved for it. My next camera I owned, DH got me when I was 18 or 19. I'm sure she will take fantastic care of it

Jess
January 27th, 2013, 08:23 PM
I hope she does. She hasn't proven responsible with much of her stuff yet, she has a bad habit of just tossing things on the floor. So I'm hoping when she had to save and use all her gift cards meaning she couldn't buy any other toys she'll look after it. It's almost as good as my camera, it was on one of those weekend sales, so she got a $140 camera for $80, it has more features than a kid will ever use, but I love seeing the smile on her face when she picks it up.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search