~January Chat Thread~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree18Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2013, 06:32 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Boo Caroline I hope you're able to figure something out...is there something you can print out online and have your DDs cut them out?

Hi Ash22! Haven't seen you around lately Glad you dropped by 3 years! That's exciting!

I've been up since 6am...lovely. Cameron never wakes up this early! And all I've done is sit on my butt lol. Since DH is home today, he may help me strip the wallpaper in the spare room...and then my monthly goal can be done on day 3!!!! Then I get to pick colour!!!!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
January 3rd, 2013, 07:58 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Wow, I've never had wall paper come off that easily, and I've stripped my fair share of wall paper (I worked for a reno/carpentry business). I'm sorry about your DH's work

I'm sorry about the tickets.. is there a party supply store near you? Maybe they would have something? I love the theme though!

I'm party planning this month too, but we still need to decide if he's having his party here, at the gymnastics place, or somewhere else..
January 3rd, 2013, 11:54 AM
The room is mostly done! Now I need to pick a colour Its our spare room, but will become Cam's once we have #2. Now taking suggestions for a little boy's room!!! DH wants Dodge Challenge Orange....

Jess
January 3rd, 2013, 12:03 PM
I actually like Dodge Orange

Planning a pioneer unit for back to school and I'm so excited! Rylan decided to go bowling for his birthday, which means very little prep and clean-up for me!
January 3rd, 2013, 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2pinks&ablue View Post
I actually like Dodge Orange
Believe it or not, its growing on me And I found an orange in Benjamin Moore which its pretty close. I showed it to DH and he's not a fan anymore! But I still want it! I think it would be really cute for a boy's room. I need to go to the store and get the strips (its always a bit different than looking on screen), but unless something significant changes, it will likely be some type of orange! It doesn't clash too much with the carpet, but in the next year or so we need to replace the carpet anyways (thank you Bama for starting to remove it for us ).

I LOVED pioneer units at school - Little House on the Prairie was one of my favourite series as a child. Bowling is an awesome birthday! And even better you don't have to do so much!

Jess
January 3rd, 2013, 07:34 PM
I'm a big Dodge fan, so I might be biased, but i think it's a great choice!

We're reading the Little House books (the easy read ones) as part of our lessons, I always loved them too!
January 3rd, 2013, 07:45 PM
Yeah...we're a Dodge family for sure...when we were pregnant we sold his 1999 Dodge Dakota, and we have a Dodge Durango piece of crap for sale now. DH has a Dodge Ram now, and I drive a Jeep which is technically the same family He said if we don't do hemi orange, he wants plum crazy purple LOL. No decisions have been made today though.

Guess who's currently sleeping IN HIS CRIB! I'm at the laptop by myself and it feels so weird!

Jess
January 3rd, 2013, 07:54 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm going to have to use drink tickets, I have no choice. I've checked the only 2 party supply stores in the city and neither have what I'm looking for.

I left for the ice rink at 9:30 this morning and just got a chance to get home and sit somewhere comfortable at 9:30 tonight. For anyone who follows ringette (I know, not likely) Canada East won Gold, Finland won Silver and Canada West won Bronze and the U19 World Championships this week!! Fantastic games to watch, those girls are amazing.

January 3rd, 2013, 08:12 PM
Yay!!!!! I don't follow ringette, but that's pretty awesome that Canada is 2 of the top 3! I wasn't even following the World Junior hockey this year, but my brothers were getting up (or staying up!) till 4am.

So we ended up with half the room done. The other half maybe this weekend. We'll see. If not, I'll get my sisters to help me next week This was my one major project for the month so I'm happy I'm getting it done early.

Jess
January 3rd, 2013, 08:53 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
I hope you post pictures of the spare room once it's done, Jess. My reno is much less exciting - just painting the trim in the kitchen. I hope to do it some time this month.

Bowling sounds like a great birthday!

Theo is getting really good at yelling! It's funny when he does it.
January 3rd, 2013, 09:35 PM
We're a Dodge family too, but not nearly as fun- we have a Dodge Caravan

Hannah does that too It sounds like she's arguing with us!

I'm up late for me tonight! I need to head to bed very soon though- I'm just lame and hate going to bed without Troy, but he's playing video games with a friend
January 4th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Happy Friday everyone!

I'm going for sushi with my sisters, so excited, haven't had sushi in forever! Anyone else doing anything exciting today?

Jess
January 4th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Washer repair guy found a nail in my washing machine and told me the bearing is going, so when it wrecks again I have to buy a new one.

I went to see Les Miserables with my mom last night, that was fun. First time I've ever taken just her to the movies, but since she did my laundry and all I thought we'd do something nice together. She ironed all the jeans!!

I love hearing about people's redecorating projects! I just painted my living spaces upstairs last fall and put a new floor in. We're getting our kitchen tiled this month.

My #1 is having a friend over tonight, #2 is having 3 friends over tonight, #3 is going to a friend and #4 and #5 are going to my moms.

Off to clean the garage.
January 4th, 2013, 01:30 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
I hope you don't freeze cleaning the garage.

My Mum, one of my brothers and his girlfriend just stopped by on their way back home from visiting my Grandma. That was a nice surprise visit.
January 4th, 2013, 01:59 PM
Sounds like my house circa 15 years ago #5in2005! I'm the oldest of 5 and it was always like that Was Les Mis good? I am debating going to see it, we did the play in I think grade 7 or 8 and I really enjoyed it. So random, DH just told me he's off to look at heaters for the garage (its his hangout since he smokes).

Sounds fun Maggie!

Sushi was fantastic. But the wind today here is freezing, I was not a fan of parking far away and walking

Jess
January 4th, 2013, 06:24 PM
We redid our kitchen while I was preggy with DS. It's the biggest reno I've ever done, most often I just do paint so it was pretty cool. I got in trouble from my OB though for ripping out the floor at 7 months pregnant. After doing that I have no desire to renovate anything for a long time. I'll happily see pics of everyone else's projects though!!

I have a headache I'm willing to give away free to a good home, it comes complete with a moody almost 9 year old.

January 4th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
we are working on tiling the kitchen backsplash tonight
mccaroline likes this.

January 4th, 2013, 08:14 PM
Oh my, I couldn't imagine doing that at 7 months pregnant!!!

Have fun Chrystal! That's an awesome Friday night! We don't have a backsplash in the kitchen and it drives me nuts!

Jess
January 5th, 2013, 12:33 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies, happy new year!
2013 has kind of sucked for us so far, hope its going decently well for everyone else!

Lucky mother to five!

January 5th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Tiling the backsplash was way too funny while pregnant! With my huge belly I couldn't reach across the counter top, so there I was laying on the counter like a beached whale doing the grout in the tiles.
Jessimaaka likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search