~January Chat Thread~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree18Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 5th, 2013, 06:02 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Aww, hope things improve soon for you Marie!

OMG Caroline, I couldn't imagine even attempting to lean over the counter at that point

Today I am going to be productive....today I am going to be productive....if I keep saying it, maybe it will come true! I have lots of things I want to do but I'm soooo tired, I was up every 1.5 hours last night with Cam.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
January 5th, 2013, 06:07 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL! Think that will work for me too? I have a cake to decorate for a friend and I want to finally get all our Christmas stuff put away.

Today I am going to be productive....today I am going to be productive....nope, I'm still sitting here in my PJs.

January 5th, 2013, 07:10 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I need to have a productive day today too. We were away all day yesterday, so I need to get caught up, but we'll see if that happens
January 5th, 2013, 09:52 AM
Haven't gotten anything on my to do list done...hit up Walmart and got a mirror for in our dinning room but its still sitting on the dinning room table. Haven't done anything in the spare room...haven't started laundry...

But I'm sitting here watching Toy Story with Cam while DH takes the dog to the dog park. Once Cam falls asleep, game on!

Jess
January 5th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Cake is done, 2 hours before when its needed. Tree is undecorated and DH is starting to take it apart now, wreath is down and Christmas toys and nativity scene are put away. I'm getting there, but I still have my headache from yesterday which is slowing me down.

January 5th, 2013, 11:37 AM
At least someone's being productive! Hannah doesn't want to nap today, so I haven't gotten a single thing done!
January 5th, 2013, 01:20 PM
After Toy Story, we put on Finding Nemo. Now we're on Ice Age Continental Drift. We've decided it will be a lazy day I did hop on the treadmill for 20 min though. I'll say semi-productive!

Jess
January 5th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
We tiled the kitchen today !!! Been waiting a year for that.
magz88 likes this.

January 5th, 2013, 04:21 PM
At least you got something done! I made sure everyone was fed, does that count?

Hooray for a tiled kitchen!

Alyssa's at her Dad's, and Troy and Rylan went to a hockey game (jealous!), so it's just me and the younger girls here A friend is stopping in for coffee shortly..
January 5th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Not a bad day in all. I got the cake done and her husband gave me a $5 tip when he picked it up, the Christmas decorations are all put away until next year, got to the store for milk, made supper, ran out to get one more rubbermaid tote and found a great present for my mom for her birthday next year. I also found a 5 piece outdoor Christmas set for the front door that has two small prelit trees in urns, a wreath and garland on sale for $22, it's originaly an $80 set, I'm looking forward to putting it up next year.

Now if I could just do something about my 9 year old with an attitude.

January 5th, 2013, 07:34 PM
We FINALLY sold our Durango today!!! We've had it up at the side of the road for a while, and no real bites. I put it on kijiji back in November, and some bites but no one followed through so I reposted it earlier this week and someone came and picked it up tonight!!!!!!!! Yay!! We are going mattress shopping!!! It was an older truck not in the greatest condition so we didn't sell it for much but I'm soooo glad it's finally out of our hair!!!

Jess
January 5th, 2013, 08:09 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
That's seems to be the age for attitudes! My niece and nephew are both 8 and they are both pretty sassy at times.

Congrats, Jess on selling the Durango.

Rich got some good headway in hanging the bedroom door. He just has to get some longer screw and then it'll be done.

Today was just chores and playing with Theo.

Tomorrow I get to go to the gym and we are going to hit up the Zellers and see what they have left and maybe get a good deal.
January 5th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Hooray for selling the Durango!

Our Zellers here doesn't have much for real great deals just yet, I'm keeping an eye on it though!

Rylan loved the hockey game, and we had a few friends stopped in for coffee instead of just the one I was expecting- it was nice
January 6th, 2013, 05:11 AM
I went to Zellers before Christmas and everything was SOOO picked over. Hope you find some good deals! Most of the ones in my area are going to be Targets this year, so I'm guessing closing soon. One is already a Walmart too.

Going to go see a baby that was born Dec 20 today So exciting!!! Can't wait!

Jess
January 6th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Aww, I miss that brand new stage!

One of our Zellers is going to be a target too..

I was up early today, kids are fed and I've already had a coffee.. hoping that's a good sign!
January 6th, 2013, 06:31 AM
Ugh....I've been up since 4:30 with Cam...going to be a tiring day. He's had 2 naps so far but I couldn't seem to fall asleep during them.

Anyone else hear about the tentative deal reached for the NHL? Anyone care anymore at this point?

Jess
January 6th, 2013, 07:24 AM
We have no Zellers left here that I know of. They are either closed, in the process of renos for Target or have been turned into a Walmart already.

I'm a little annoyed this morning. I booked the gym at our church to host my DD1's birthday. I booked it as a private party only because our little townhouse isn't really big enough for the carnival party she wants. I found out this week that it was announced in the bulletin! Just because I'm a church member and booked a room does not mean I wanted it to be an open invite to everyone in the church! I'm not impressed. I fired off an email to our minister asking why it was posted, but there's not a thing I can do about it now, just hope and pray that no extra people show up.

January 6th, 2013, 11:54 AM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
I hope that the party isn't overrun with people who weren't invited.

My husband just mentioned that the NHL will probably have a short season after all. I think that's great for everyone who makes money indirectly from the NHL.

I figure it will be picked over but it is worth a look - we are going when Rich gets back from getting his skates sharpened.
January 6th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Wow, can't believe they posted it! I hope no one extra shows up! That's super frustrating!

I'm glad the NHL is back too, its just too bad the season is so short.

Jess
January 6th, 2013, 02:31 PM
I hope extra people don't show up to the party!

I'm excited that the NHL is back! DH talked about boycotting, but I told him not in my house!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search