~January Chat Thread~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree18Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2013, 04:58 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Theo is the same with the camera. He is all smiley and then when I go to click he is super serious.

Tomorrow is our first Infant Mother Goose program. The windchill is supposed to be -17 so it'll be a cold walk. Theo's first REAL taste of winter. If it is too cold though my MIL will give us a ride.

I finished prepping the dried flowers for my Mum. I want to keep them!

January 16th, 2013, 06:46 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Have fun!

The flowers are beautiful!

Tomorrow morning we have swimming

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
January 16th, 2013, 06:50 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DS is the exact opposite. He sees the camera and stops what he's doing to say "cheese" and give me a goofy grin. It's so hard to catch him doing something cute.

Those flowers a beautiful, no wonder you want to keep them.

So it's never a dull moment around here. DD2 asked for a piece of gum today when she got home from school and silly me, I gave her a piece. Well then she decided to chew her hair while chewing her gum. Her beautiful hair that was almost to her waist (which I loved btw) is now at her ears. I wanted to cry as I watched her get it all cut but instead I told her that she's beautiful. Thankfully she loves her new look, but I'm still a little sad.

January 17th, 2013, 04:53 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Aww, I feel your pain Alyssa just got hers cut, although for different reasons.

Exhausted this mornng after a blow out with DH last night, we rarely fight but when we do, it's awful.
January 17th, 2013, 05:34 AM
Your DD donated her hair didn't she? That's what mine had really wanted to do. So much for those plans.

I hate fighting with DH, we grumble at each other on a semi regular basis, but to actually fight with him is a different story. I hope your day gets better.

January 17th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Yes, she did.. I'm sorry your DD wasn't able to

We got along fine today (although I wasn't home much of it lol)
January 17th, 2013, 02:52 PM
The only one of my children who is behaving tonight is the one I can't spend time with because I'm too busy dealing with the other two. Somehow this is very very wrong because all I want to do is cuddle up and give attention to the one who is being good and polite.

January 17th, 2013, 03:15 PM
Oh Caroline! That sucks! I hope its at least a cute cut! My sister let our neighbour cut her hair once and it ended up in a bowl cut above her ears My mom was less than impressed.

Glad to hear today was better Chantelle. DH and I had one of those last Sunday. They suck!

DH is off tomorrow...fun! I hope we get more done than I had planned!

Bahaha, just heard on the news that Jackson Mississippi is forecasted to get 10cm in the next day or so...some schools were cancelled etc today lol. Its so funny seeing reactions to snow where they don't normally get it, but at the same time scary since they don't know how to drive in it.

Jess
January 17th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Oh no, Caroline, that's so sad about your daughter's hair!!!

Yay to having the hubby home, Jess. I love it when our family is all together.

Theo LOVED the mother goose thing - he was checking everyone out and smiling like a maniac! We have the library one on Tuesday starting this coming Tuesday and I am sure that he will like that one too.

Tomorrow we go for his second set of vaccination shots. I am excited to see how much he weighs and how tall he is.

My new courses are boring as hell. Oh well, it is just a couple of months.
January 17th, 2013, 05:50 PM
It's cute, but it's just below the ears now. I was just getting good at braiding her hair too.

My house looks like a freaking tornado went through it. Seriously cleaning is a never ending cycle of impossible.

Good luck with the appt tomorrow. I hope he takes his shots well.

January 17th, 2013, 08:26 PM
Hope tomorrow goes well Maggie.

Cleaning when you have kids is like trying to brush your teeth while eating oreos I saw that on facebook. It is soooo true!

Its a true test if you can braid shorter hair lol. I remember when I cut my hair from my bum to my chin, that was when my mom got really good at braiding since its much harder. It still sucks though

Jess
January 18th, 2013, 05:14 AM
LOL! I haven't heard that one before. Someone once told me, cleaning the house while children are growing is like shovling the walk while it's still snowing. Which is also very true.

Braid short hair??!! Umm, yeah. You see it has taken me 9 years of having girls to even figure out how to braid long hair and I still can't do anything fancy like a french braid. At this point I'm not even sure I can pull her hair into a pony tail.

January 18th, 2013, 12:11 PM
I can't french braid either, and even my normal brads look backwards

Working on compiling a list of business' that I need to visit. I decided to take over the local expansion of my Mom's business, and it's a long process
January 18th, 2013, 01:28 PM
I used to braid my barbies...I never am able to braid my own hair...and I've never really tried others...so I have no idea how hard it is...

What is her business Chantelle? That's exciting!

OMG, I LOVE Amazon. I hate our camera. It sucks huge. The delay on actually taking the picture has caused us to miss so many of Cam's smiles and goofy faces. So we bit the bullet at like 10pm on Wednesday night and ordered a Canon Powershot from Amazon. I only ever get my kindle books off there. It was here 36 hours later! At 11:00am this morning!!! I selected the free shipping the camera was eligible for (ships within 2-6 days), and I went and looked last night to see if the estimated arrival date was there and it had shipped already Thursday, and estimated to arrive today...I was shocked! Super fast! And now my old one is up on kijiji, hope someone wants it!

Jess

Last edited by Jessimaaka; January 18th, 2013 at 01:32 PM.
January 18th, 2013, 01:50 PM
Amazon is great for that. DH buys things from them all the time and has never had a problem with fast shipping. We've never bothered to pay for the faster shipping either because it always gets here in 24-48 hours, how much faster than that can you get?

January 18th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Good luck with the business venture, Chantelle.

I like Amazon too. Great service and even their resellers are good. How is the new camera? Have you taken a billionty pictures already?

Theo did well at the appointment, He weighs just under 19 lb and is 27.5 inches, so he is big and tall according to the chart things. He did really well with the shots. He cried of course and then when I was holding hom to calm him down, I said "Say thank you to the nurse, Theo" and he stopped crying and gave her a smile. He is so sweet!
January 18th, 2013, 07:25 PM
7 hours 72 cupcakes. My back hurts and I'm tired.

Oh and my popcorn popper is missing, DH is trying to get to Walmart before it closes to buy me a new one for tomorrow. I'm not sure if he's being sweet or just sick of watching me tear the house apart trying to find it.

January 18th, 2013, 08:53 PM
I have taken a lot of pictures already...a friend of mine works at a print company, and one I got of our puppy we are already planning on having enlarged, its beautiful. She's standing still, looking just past the camera and the snow swirling around her, I LOVE it!

Yay for new kitchen gadgets! Sorry you can't find your original though. 72 cupcakes in 7 hours is amazing...did you decorate them all too?!?

Jess
January 19th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Yep, they are all baked and decorated. To be honest though all I did was make the icing and swirl it on with a cupcake tip then added primary coloured sprinkles. I kept them simple for the kids.

I'll post some pics when I get home after the party.

January 19th, 2013, 07:17 AM
You read my mind! I was going to ask for pics

Today is a cleaning/organizing day. And I want to go grab paint chips for both the spare room and the bathroom - I figure I can redo the bathroom for under $200 - I want to change the light fixture, towel rack, and toilet paper holder as well as paint. So I want that done...once I take down the boarder...these people had a love affair with wallpaper and boarders. They put the boarder up without painting so my bathroom is builder primer...same with a few other rooms. My house is 25 years old! I can't believe in that time they never painted!

And for everyone's reading pleasure...if you're bored, I did my "day in the life of" this week...lots of pictures
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...d-cameron.html

Jess

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search