~January Chat Thread~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree18Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 1st, 2013, 08:09 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Here is your January Chat Thread!

We got 127 posts in December

I bet we can do better in January when we aren't as busy with Christmas!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
January 1st, 2013, 09:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We can definitely beat 127! That's not a bad number though, considering just a few months ago there were rarely any posts at all here!

I like your avatar, Jess. So true.
January 1st, 2013, 01:16 PM
Not too shabby for sure!

I LOVE Finding Nemo! When I was pregnant with Cameron, we were team green, and his nickname was Squishy (from Dorrie talking to the jellyfish) so it has extra meaning for us

Jess
January 1st, 2013, 03:07 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I think we can definitely beat it!

Almost finished my laundry! When mommy gets sick, the laundry piles up
January 1st, 2013, 03:39 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Thanks for explaining Jess's avatar! I thought it had something to do with one of the women in our August PR.

January is going to be a busy month for me. I have 2 dentist appointments to get fillings, an exam to write, I start 3 new college courses, and I am hoping to register for a mommy and me fitness class and mother goose class. Oh, and we have to reschedule Theo's 4-month shots since the doctor cancelled our appointment that we had pre-Xmas.
January 1st, 2013, 05:06 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Of course we can beat that! We're few but mighty!

January 1st, 2013, 06:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I can't decide what to sign my little man up for this winter. We're in a little toddler sports class one morning a week, but I need a couple more activities too. I'll have to get on that pronto!

How has everyone's year been so far?
January 1st, 2013, 06:40 PM
LOL Maggie, did you think it had to do with Emma?

Glad you're feeling better Chantelle! Laundry piles up here too...I refuse to let DH do it since he's colour blind, and he is not good at hanging my stuff up that doesn't go in the dryer

Jenn what are you thinking? Swimming is always fun! I'm going to register for another Mommy & Me water yoga class tomorrow since Cam enjoys water. Intro gymnastics classes are always fun too if you have one around, especially at his age (based on your ticker).

Our new years day was pretty good, we took the dog to the dog park, and I brought Cam with us, I wore him in it. Then visited DH's aunt for a bit. I had a hot tub with my sisters tonight, but Cam is having a bit of separation anxiety from me and cried most of the time I was in the hot tub So it was much shorter than planned Hoping he gets over that soon!

Jess
January 2nd, 2013, 03:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I guess I'll just jump in....

I can't sleep, it's 4 am, and I somehow started thinking about my to-do list which is rather extensive because I haven't done a whole lot in the house. I'm mostly home today though, so if I just get at it (and put the kids to work) I should get a lot done.

My washer broke last week, but since I didn't know how long it will take for the repair guy, my mom is doing it for me. (phew, that sure beats hanging out at the laundromat).
Jessimaaka likes this.
January 2nd, 2013, 05:07 AM
So glad your mom is close to you and can help you out!

I haven't had a 4am morning where I couldn't sleep in a while...2am however is another story

Had to drive DH to work this morning at 6:30 since I need his truck today to go to our Wednesday mommy & me exercise class. Hoping I can pick up my jeep this afternoon with everything fixed!

Don't forget to sign the January roll call! Its in the stickies

Jess
January 2nd, 2013, 07:30 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
January should actually be a pretty laid back month for me, the only thing I really need to worry about is Rylan's 4th birthday on the 27th.

Heading to a friend'a house this afternoon, I offered to help her clean her house and what not. She's going through a bad break-up and could really use the company/help.
January 2nd, 2013, 08:47 AM
Since DH is working today and the girls are having a sleepover at my mom and dad's I'm spending today trying to get things ready for DD1's birthday party. It's a carnival theme. I have 8 games where the kids can earn tickets and then trade the tickets in for prizes at the end of the party. I currently have 140 prizes mainly little things like tattoos and puzzle erasers and a few big things like a set of beach toys. I'm going to figure out what each prize should be worth for tickets and do the invites today.

January 2nd, 2013, 10:42 AM
Busy days ahead for everyone!

I'm hoping next week to start stripping the wallpaper in our spare room. We're going to paint, so I have to pick a colour as well. My sisters agreed to help me strip and watch Cam while we do it

Jess
January 2nd, 2013, 12:02 PM
Oh! Call me strange, but I love stripping wall paper and painting!

January 2nd, 2013, 12:57 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessimaaka View Post
LOL Maggie, did you think it had to do with Emma?

I had a hot tub with my sisters tonight, but Cam is having a bit of separation anxiety from me and cried most of the time I was in the hot tub So it was much shorter than planned Hoping he gets over that soon!
Yep!

I hope Cam gets over the SA soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #5in2005 View Post
I guess I'll just jump in....

I can't sleep, it's 4 am, and I somehow started thinking about my to-do list which is rather extensive because I haven't done a whole lot in the house. I'm mostly home today though, so if I just get at it (and put the kids to work) I should get a lot done.

My washer broke last week, but since I didn't know how long it will take for the repair guy, my mom is doing it for me. (phew, that sure beats hanging out at the laundromat).
Hi! I HATE when appliances break down. It always take me buy surprise.
January 2nd, 2013, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccaroline View Post
Oh! Call me strange, but I love stripping wall paper and painting!
I love picking paint colours and such. My dad does the actual painting since DH is colour blind (to the point he has issues seeing what is dry vs wet, etc.). This is our last room of full wallpaper to do - I just prefer paint over wallpaper. We have a bathroom and the master bedroom with borders that I want to take down still. The people who had the house before did the wallpaper properly (and its not that old) so its really not that hard to strip....here's a picture of my mom stripping the dinning room - people didn't believe us that it was coming off as easy as we said until they saw this

Everything is empty because this is the week we moved in so nothing's done...excuse the mess

Jess
January 2nd, 2013, 02:05 PM
Nice!!

I'm either, stupid, can't add or can't read. Not sure which at the moment, but I need 5000 tickets to do each girl's party, 2500 for each of them. I ordered a big roll of fancy tickets with stars on them on line (so they looked nicer than the ones that say refreshments or something like that on them) I thought I was getting a great deal, $5.95 for 5000. Perfect. Nope, not so much, I have 2000 tickets. That's not even enough to do one girl's party. I went back to the website and sure enough it says 2000 right there in big bold letters. I don't have time to order more plus I ordered them through a co-op so that saved me a lot of money on shipping, and I haven't found anything similar for sale in stores around here. Now what?

January 2nd, 2013, 02:15 PM
That sucks!!!!

What are the tickets for that you need so many? To make up the difference, what about the refreshment/admit one ones sprayed with glitter or something to make it more fun? I know that's a crappy substitution though.

So DH was sent home from work at 2pm this afternoon - a truck was leaving their yard, and knocked 5 power lines - the street his work is on (a dead end) was shut down and all the businesses sent home. Now they're closed tomorrow too - he's unpaid. Fantastic! Right after Christmas.

Jess
January 2nd, 2013, 02:35 PM
That sucks! Not the way to get extra time with your DH.

The tickets are prize tickets since both girls want a carnival themed party. Instead of handing out prizes for each game we're handing out tickets at the end of the party the kids can trade in their tickets for prizes on the prize table. I have 8 games and 20 kids for 2 hours. I need enough to go around and since they are kids I'm not counting on being able to reuse the tickets for the second party.

January 2nd, 2013, 06:13 PM
Fairly busy month ahead for us. My son has his developmental assessment Friday. We get the RX Tuesday. Then probably start his therapy. I have to plan his bday party for the 26th. His birthday is the 28th. 3!!! Wow time does fly.

Also trying to focus on myself a little more this year.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search