Wednesday Wanderings

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By crunchywannabe
  • 1 Post By mccaroline
  • 1 Post By mccaroline
  • 2 Post By #5in2005

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2013, 06:10 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Any trips planned this year?

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
January 2nd, 2013, 08:14 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
A couple of weekend trips, but nothing huge.
January 2nd, 2013, 10:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Yup we had a few BIG plans and as much as I'm super excited to be having this baby (really!) I am disappointed that our plans have been canceled.

Specifically our big roadtrip to the East Coast this summer. I keep going back and forth with 'would it be THAT crazy to take a baby along....' the answer I always come to is yes! so it's on hold for a few years!
Jessimaaka likes this.

January 2nd, 2013, 11:39 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We were also planning on going out East this year, we were taking the kids to PEI. Only problem is my DH lost his job in August and has been having a hard time trying to get a steady job since, so it looks like we'll be putting the trip on hold.

I'm starting to think we're not meant to go back to PEI, last time we planned to go, I had everything booked and then found out I was due with DS the day we were to leave.

January 2nd, 2013, 11:48 AM
Kalynn....my friend drove from Ontario to Nova Scotia this July with her 3 month old and said it was the best trip ever. Depending on when you plan to go, you will likely be pleasantly surprised. It took a bit longer than it normally would have (stops to feed her as she was BF and changes), but she said she would do it again in heartbeat. That age when they still fall asleep in the car makes the trip easy. Just a thought since you seem bummed about it

We go to my grandparents cottage on the May long weekend, but other than that, nothing specific planned. DH wants to take a week or 2 in the summer and just go north. We'll see what happens! He would love to camp but there is no way I'm camping with a 12 month old.

Jess
January 2nd, 2013, 01:01 PM
Actually camping with a 12 month old isn't as bad as most people would think. I've been camping with all my kids since they were babies. DD1 was 7 months on her first camping trip, DD2 was 2-3 months on her first camping trip and DS was 11 months on his first camping trip, he would have been 2-3 weeks on his first trip but I had some major complications and was still under doctor's care with nurses coming to my house so I had to cancel that trip. I actually like camping with a baby almost more than with big kids.
Jessimaaka likes this.

January 2nd, 2013, 01:54 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Only if I win one!
January 2nd, 2013, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccaroline View Post
Actually camping with a 12 month old isn't as bad as most people would think. I've been camping with all my kids since they were babies. DD1 was 7 months on her first camping trip, DD2 was 2-3 months on her first camping trip and DS was 11 months on his first camping trip, he would have been 2-3 weeks on his first trip but I had some major complications and was still under doctor's care with nurses coming to my house so I had to cancel that trip. I actually like camping with a baby almost more than with big kids.
My only real concern is that he's warm enough at night...any tips?

Jess
January 2nd, 2013, 02:58 PM
Sleep sacks. Nice warm fleece ones. And if you have or get a bug screen for your playpen it creates a nice safe area for him to play while sitting around the campfire at night.
Jessimaaka likes this.

January 2nd, 2013, 03:10 PM
Hmmm...DH may get his wish! We were thinking of a visit to my sister out west but she chose to move home! We want to do a family trip of some sort but we're on a tight budget. We have some camping gear and can borrow the rest from his dad so its one of the few things in our budget.

Jess
January 3rd, 2013, 11:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am going to Holland for 10 days in February, and we're taking a road trip for 2-3 weeks in the summer, down to Montana, Idaho, Oregon, Washington up to BC and then home. We'll go on a short overnight trip to go skiing this month too. This will be the most travelling we've ever done in a year, that's for sure, but I've always wanted to take a big trip with my kids and now seems to be the time to do it, my oldest is 15 and before you know it she will have a job she can't get away from etc.
Jessimaaka and magz88 like this.

Tags
wednesday

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search