Neighbour's Dogs Rant

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 4th, 2013, 06:35 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
I was so angry this morning. The neighbour's mother brings her dogs with her when she visits and she lets the dog run into our yard. The dog crapped in our yard when she was here in the summer but I didn't say anything and just put it back onto their yard - because they are nice neighbours and I figured it was a one time things and the dog had got away.

She came up for New Year's and two mornings ago I saw tracks from where she had let it run ALL the way to the back of our yard! It's 165' lot so it's not like just ran in a bit. We have a fence between the two yards but there is no gate so there is an open area.

This morning I wake up and the dog has been in the yard again and this time ****.

I went over and told the daughter what had happened and could it be removed. I assumed she would do it because they are generally good neighbours and it is not their dog but the visiting grandmother's. Anyway, I forgot about it. When Rich came home he asked about it and checked and it was still there.

I can't believe how angry I got!!! I was ready to fling it at their car. I ended up just putting it in a pile at the end of their walkway. I knocked on the door and told them that I had returned the poo and to make sure the mother keeps their dog on their yard.

Next time she comes to visit I will have a talk with her. She is a real loud mouth too.
January 4th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
That sucks! That's so rude! We don't have a fence yet between us and our neighbours but if Bama goes over there we pick it up right away...same as on our own yard! I hope a talk with the grandmother goes well next time.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
January 5th, 2013, 07:04 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Ugh, rude! I really can't believe some people! I hope the chat with the grandmother goes well!
January 5th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
frustrating! Since moving to the country we've only had 1 dog show up on our yard. I never noticed any droppings, and to be honest I've no idea who's dog it was. I am however glad that it came here and not to the neighbor behind us because if a dog wanders on his property he shoots it in the belly, wounding it, so it drags itself back home to die. It's really sad. Out here we've got enough land and other wild animals that a little 'excrement' doesn't make much difference, but I can totally understand your frustration, especially living in an urban area. Just be grateful that the dog isn't a perm. resident of your neighbor's house!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search