Live!

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jessimaaka
  • 1 Post By Kelz88

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2013, 07:16 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Have you ever seen a live show? What did you see? What concerts have you been to?

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
January 6th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh man, Ticketmaster has my creditcard info memorized... so what does that tell you?

I'm been to many musicals etc the broadway ones that travel, when we travel we often try and catch live performances, our 4 nights in Vegas alone we saw I think 5 different shows. and often end up at bars with live music. (our trip to Nashville was one of the best for this reason!)

I also regularly go to concerts. I ADORE live music. From super well known bands/artists in arenas and stadiums, to pub shows etc I love it all. I grew up with no musical talent in a very musical family, so I have become a really great 'fan' of all live performances.

January 7th, 2013, 04:00 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've never been to any live shows lol and I've only been to 2 concerts..Backstreet Boys!!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

January 7th, 2013, 06:38 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Most of the live shows and concerts I've been to have been kid ones. Dora, the Wiggles, many many Splash'n Boots concerts (but we've really only been to that many because I've known "Splash" since grade school and our families know each other and my kids adore them) and a few others like that.

Adult concerts I've seen Cher, Reba, Stompin' Tom, The Irish Tennors and Riverdance.

January 7th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Concerts...Hanson , BSB (yes!!!!!)

Live shows: Hairspray, Rent, Nutcracker, Potato People (when I was little), Sharon Lois and Bram (when I was little), that's what I can think of off the top of my head
sweety_pie likes this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
January 7th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
My first concert was NKOTB lol.

I rarely go to concerts, (mostly once a year because that's what my sister and I do for our birthdays) but do try to see live shows. I went to quite a few last year, Rock of Ages, Mary Poppins, Cats and Beauty and the Beast. I've also seen Mama Mia, Annie and the Lion King. LOVE the live shows, too bad it's so expensive to go, especially with my whole family. (they went to the Lion King and Beauty and the beast, totally worth it).
January 7th, 2013, 09:25 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I haven't been to many live shows (I saw Mr Dress-up when I was a kid though!), but I've been to a few concerts- Big n Rich, Tim McGraw, Reba, Dean Brody, and Taylor Swift (although I'm not even a fan of her lol). I've seen tons of smaller bands, but those are the big ones.
January 7th, 2013, 12:44 PM
Super Mommy
Never been to a live show, but Ive gone to a few concerts

Rolling stones
Aerosmith
AC/DC
and Black eyed peas

Yeah I love old music
Jessimaaka likes this.
January 7th, 2013, 03:11 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Theatre/Musicals: Tommy and Joseph and the Technicolour Dreamcoat (or whatever it's called) in New York, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Hair, The Phantom of the Opera, King Lear and Macbeth at Stratford, some smaller regional plays.

I went to the opera a few years ago but I don't remember the name of the opera we saw. The Nutcracker Ballet when I was a kid.

I went to Edgefest in 1995 or whatever year Alanis Morissette was there. I've seen the Lemonheads and Big Sugar. Went to see Big Wreck when they came to Georgian College.

I went to see MSTRKRFT, Crookers and the Bloody Beetroots a few years back - that was awesome!

That is all I can think of.

Oh, and some friends went to a taping of The Marilyn Denis show a few years ago. My and 3 of my friends are turning 35 this year so we are planning on going to see her again in March and going out for lunch in TO as a celebration get-together.

Last edited by magz88; January 7th, 2013 at 03:13 PM.

Tags
qotd

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search