Are you a..

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2013, 11:38 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Hockey fan?
If so, what team do you cheer for?
Those of you with older kids, do any of them play, or are they interested in, hockey?
January 11th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Mega Super Mommy
You bet! JETS!!!!! Holy cow that was amazing to be living in Winnipeg when we got the Jets back... it was super emotional, and the biggest boost to morale I've ever seen in a city! I don't know what kind of news coverage it made across the country, but the whole city was so pumped! People would just gather in public places when announcements were made...(and F___ Gary Bettman chants ) Portage and Main, and the Forks were the big ones. The 1st exhibition game I went to the Forks where they played it on big outdoor screens... there were thousands and thousands of people, the military did a fly past, I can't even tell you how loud it was!
Season tickets were gone in a few seconds. But I managed to score tickets to 1 game and dh went to 3!

During the 'gap' years I was and always will be a Habs fan!

January 11th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Go Leafs Go!!!!
I used to be a much bigger fan when I was younger - I even collected cards! Now I may catch a game on tv here and there.
My family seems to be determined to make Cameron a fan...he got 7...yes 7!...mini sticks for Christmas, already owns his first pair of hockey skates, a bunch of TML gear...We are planning to go to an OHL game at least once this year. DH is more of a soccer player than hockey, but he's game to try.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
January 11th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Senators! DH is also a Sens fan, even though he's from Toronto.

DD has been to a few hockey games, but I think she's more interested in the cotton candy she gets when she goes. DS loves watching hockey and has taken to skating like a fish in water, so hockey may be in his future.
January 11th, 2013, 07:15 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Leaf fans over here! Big time! MIL is determined to make the kids Montreal fams though, not on my watch!

Alyssa and Rylan love skating (and seem to have some natural talent, especially Rylan), and Rylan says he wants to play next year! People keep telling me that I'll regret it, but I'm excited to be a hockey mom! DH and I both played (him in a league, I played 'pick up' at my local outdoor rink).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search