Skating

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 12th, 2013, 07:35 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Can you skate?
If so, do you wear hockey skates or figure skates?
How did you learn?

Those with older kids-
Can they skate?
How did they learn?

For the younger ones-
Do you plan to teach them?
When will you start?
Are you planning on lessons, or teaching them yourself?
January 12th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Can you skate? I can
If so, do you wear hockey skates or figure skates? Figure skates
How did you learn? I think in elementry school, we would always walk to the rink

Those with older kids-
Can they skate? Teagan is JR bronze in skating, Kyren is a jr starskate, and Cohen has started canskate(hockey next year)
How did they learn? skate program

For the younger ones-
Do you plan to teach them? Rogan will go into the program
When will you start? he can go next year but I find 4 yrs old better
Are you planning on lessons, or teaching them yourself? lessons

January 12th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Can you skate? Yes
If so, do you wear hockey skates or figure skates? figure skates
How did you learn? learn to skate program

For the younger ones-
Yes
When will you start? When he fits into the skates he has already been given
Are you planning on lessons, or teaching them yourself? I'm guessing a combination

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
January 12th, 2013, 11:07 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Can you skate? Yep.
If so, do you wear hockey skates or figure skates? Both, but the ones I have right now are figure skates.
How did you learn? I practically grew up at the rink, I don't really remember actually learning, but I think my Dad taught me.

Those with older kids-
Can they skate? Alyssa and Rylan can somewhat, they are learning now.
How did they learn? We taught/teach them some ourselves, and they are taking lessons.

For the younger ones-
Do you plan to teach them? Yes.
When will you start? Sophia will probably start next yewar (2.5), and Hannah at about the same age.
Are you planning on lessons, or teaching them yourself? Probably a combination of both.
January 12th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Can you skate?I used to be able to... now I'm a stand and step skater... I went once last year for the first time in about 10 years
If so, do you wear hockey skates or figure skates?Either. I grew up switching back and forth, and the 1 time last year I went I was in hockey skates
How did you learn?my dad taught us. He was big into hockey. We started skating on ponds, and then rinks he's flood in the backyard. then we got into ice sports etc

For the younger ones-
Do you plan to teach them?I plan for them to learn.. I don't think I'll be the one teaching though
When will you start?probably around 2 or 3... the kids I nannied were excelent skaters at 2 yrs.. I'd probably borrow skates the first few years for them though
Are you planning on lessons, or teaching them yourself?there aren't lessons available in our area, but I'm sure someone would teach them!

January 12th, 2013, 05:22 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Can you skate? Not very well.
If so, do you wear hockey skates or figure skates? I have a pair of figure skates that I bought last year because my husband wants me to skate with him. I got out of it last year because I was pregnant but I think I will have to this year. I haven't skated in about 20 years. I don't like skating.
How did you learn? We had to go skating some Fridays in elementary school.

For the younger ones-
Do you plan to teach them? Yes.
When will you start? I am sure Rich will have him out there as soon as possible. Maybe even next year!
Are you planning on lessons, or teaching them yourself? He will teach Theo himself.
January 13th, 2013, 07:54 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Can you skate? Yes
If so, do you wear hockey skates or figure skates? i learned to skate on figure skates but 4 years ago switched to hockey skates and haven't looked back, so much more comfortable.
How did you learn? Not a clue, I don't remember actually learning I just remember always being at the ice rink and since my Mom doesn't skate I have no idea why I was there.

Those with older kids-
Can they skate?
Yep, both girls use hockey skates too for ringette, my oldest can actually skate circles around me and I consider myself a decent skater.
How did they learn? Ringette, the first half of the first year of the Bunny program is basically a learn to skate program, but I had them both on skates from the time they learned to walk at public skates and outdoor rinks and such.

For the younger ones-
We're working on it, he can walk this year so he can learn to skate this year.
When will you start? Now, whenever we have time to go to the rink for public skates, he uses bob skates right now, we'll use hockey skates as he gets his balance better.
Are you planning on lessons, or teaching them yourself? Right now I'm teaching him, he'll take lessons, likely as part of a hockey program when he gets older.

January 14th, 2013, 09:42 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Can you skate? Yes
If so, do you wear hockey skates or figure skates? Figure skates
How did you learn? I don't remember, but we skated a lot at school.

Those with older kids-
Can they skate? yes
How did they learn? DH taught her

For the younger ones-
Do you plan to teach them? We got DS some bob skates to get him out on the ice this year. We'll get him real skates next winter
When will you start? next year
Are you planning on lessons, or teaching them yourself? we'll start on our own, but I suspect he will really like it, so we'll eventually put him in lessons (leading to hockey)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search