*~*February Chat Thread*~*

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree16Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2013, 08:14 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Ohh, love dramatic haircuts!!!! Do you like it? Sounds great!

Beautiful cake Chantelle!

I guess not bored is better than super busy lol.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
February 3rd, 2013, 10:33 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Its taking some getting use to. I'm just not used to the side part yet, it feels weird on my head. DH doesn't like it at all.

I'll have to take a picture of it, but DH is in a mood today so I know he won't take one for me.

February 3rd, 2013, 10:42 AM
Super Mommy
yeah a side part takes getting used to. I bet it looks great though

DH's that do laundry and cook are keepers! lol If my bf didnt cook I think I would live on KD I cant cook for beans
February 3rd, 2013, 10:48 AM
LOL! My DH would live on KD and take out if it weren't for me. He is pretty good at laundry though, so I'll keep him.

February 3rd, 2013, 01:40 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Beautiful cake!

My dh doesn't cook or do laundry or any of those things, but he's a keeper still, we're pretty traditional in our roles, but we're both happy with the arrangement, and I think that's all that matters. He will step up if there's a need. Spaghetti is his "go-to" meal. I've always rather have him be hands on in the dad department rather than do the dishes.

I'm getting my hair cut on tuesday and I cannot wait, it's about a week or 2 longer than I should have waited and it's driving me nuts. I curled it today and got complimented on it, but I spend as much time on my hair as a teenage girl.
February 3rd, 2013, 03:28 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Dh can cook. usually noy laundry(he can if in a pinch), and he does do dishes. If i am way he will cook eggs, sandwichs that kind of stuff.

Just made 2 batchs of chocolate chip cookies, 1 of each honey, lemon and double chocolate chip. 2 batchs of banana chocolate chip muffins. All because I wanted to take some cookies to my neigbour/friend who is in labor.

Thank You tasha_mae

February 3rd, 2013, 04:36 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
How nice of you! They sound yummy and I'm sure she'll appreciate it!

My DH can cook but doesn't very often. He usually cleans when I need help, but just doesn't think of it on his own.
February 3rd, 2013, 05:30 PM
Mmmm, cookies. I found out today that a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie at Starbucks is 470 calories

DH used to be helpful. Since I've gone on mat leave, not at all. He is not allowed to touch the laundry as he is colourblind! He won't clean a dish to save his life. He doesn't load the dishwasher either. He will help with the floors sometimes, and cuts the grass and shovels and such though.

Jess
February 3rd, 2013, 05:54 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
470 calories! Wow, that's a lot.

My DH can cook an we both clean. I do more now that I am on mat leave but that makes sense to me.

Today ended up being pretty good. Rich's brother and fam were up and his brother did the polar bear dip. Insane I tell you. He said it wasn't that bad though. Then we went to his Mum's and hung out for a while.
February 4th, 2013, 05:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'll pass on the cookie, wowsers.

Polar dip, shivers!

I got up early today, and I don't know if that makes me more productive because I have an "extra" hour or less productive because I had less sleep.

Have a great monday everyone
February 4th, 2013, 06:46 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Beautiful cake!!

Excited, I'm 5 weeks today!!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

February 4th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Eeeee! 5 weeks...35 to go An appleseed! So exciting!!!!

Oh Caroline...eventually you will get used to a side part. I switched to one about 3 or 4 years ago and now I can't imagine parting my hair in the middle.
sweety_pie likes this.

Jess
February 4th, 2013, 07:10 AM
I'm sure I will get used to it. I like the way it looks, but it keeps wanting to flip back right now, I have put something in my hair to keep it the way I want it.

I also realized how badly it needs to be recoloured. Hopefully while DS naps today I can colour it and it will look even better.

February 4th, 2013, 09:30 AM
I desperately need a haircut, I'm hoping in the next week or two.

Finished school with the kids, now I need to get to the cleaning.
February 4th, 2013, 10:37 AM
DS is napping, hair is coloured, and I'm going to sit with my feet up for a bit because after being up all night with DS I'm exhausted and I only have an hour before going to get the girls.

February 4th, 2013, 12:06 PM
I need to get my hair highlighted again...but want to wait until closer to the end of the month...our church is 25 years old and is doing a picture directory (haven't done one in 10ish years) and I want it fresh for the picture

Glad you get to put your feet up!!!

Jess
February 4th, 2013, 12:56 PM
The picture directory is a neat idea!

DH and the older two are at skating now, I decided to stay home with the younger two rather than pack all of us up. Sophia is being cranky and I'd rather deal with her at home
February 4th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Is your church using IPC for the directory?

February 4th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Getting some things together that I need to take to the office with me tomorrow, then hopefully heading to bed.. it's going to be a long day of cleaning and painting tomorrow!
February 5th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Hmmm, not sure offhand, but I would think so (went and googled it ). I'm sure the name was in the bulletin but I didn't keep it.

Sounds fun Chantelle - what are you painting?

I've picked the colour for our bathroom - metalic silver from Benjamin Moore - we've taken down the towel rack and still have to take down the toilet paper roll holder, and the light fixture. We haven't picked a new light fixture yet, possibly tonight though, or go to Ikea on the weekend. And then my dad will paint and I can move onto the spare room! I'm thinking a brown and orange theme - I'll do the walls brown and the bedding orange....orange walls really won't go with the carpet which we don't plan to replace yet.

Cameron slept from 10:45-4:30am last night He has NEVER slept that long in his life! He is always up every 2 hours, lately every 90 minutes. I think 3 times before this he has slept almost 4 hours but over the past 6 months, they seem few and far between I feel like I can take on the world this morning!

Jess

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search