*~*February Chat Thread*~*

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree16Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 5th, 2013, 08:38 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Hooray for sleeping! And I reallylike orange and brown together!

We're painting the office, the people in here before us beat up the walls pretty bad.
February 5th, 2013, 09:00 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL! I just asked because that's who DH works for.

YAY for sleep! My DH slept for us last night too, for the first time in a month he didn't wake up between 3 and 5. And by wake up between those hours, I mean he wakes up at 3 and stays awake until 5.

February 5th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Oh fun!

That would be a fun job I still need to sign up on a day/time. Your DH...you mean your DS? Up between 3 and 5 is no fun at all!!!!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
February 5th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Stopped to eat lunch, we're almost finished the two front rooms though, just the trim left!
February 5th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessimaaka View Post
Oh fun!

That would be a fun job I still need to sign up on a day/time. Your DH...you mean your DS? Up between 3 and 5 is no fun at all!!!!
LOL! I didn't even catch that. Yes, I mean my DS, although DH is usually up with us too.

February 5th, 2013, 01:47 PM
Lucky. My DH sleeps through everything - although he drives big trucks up and down the 401 so I'm ok with it, its for his safety.

Very productive Chantelle!

I did the 30 Day Shred today...omg I forgot how hard it was!!!! I plan to do it 3 times a week I think ugh.

Jess
February 5th, 2013, 06:04 PM
I loved the 30 day shred, but haven't done it in a while.

Painting is finished! Tomorrow will be a much shorter day of cleaning.
February 5th, 2013, 09:02 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
That's great that Cameron slept so long. Theo was up 3 times last night and I woke up sick. I took Theo over to Rich's Mum's at 9 drank a Neo-Citran and slept till 1! I felt much better though but I ran across to Jo-Anne's right away since I felt bad for leaving him there so long.

Nice job on getting all that painting done Chantelle. I am on week 3 of painting the trim in the kitchen. I got the window frame done today.
February 6th, 2013, 06:48 AM
We got sleep for 2 nights in a row! I think (hope, I'm not jinxing myself here) we finally figured out his little problem. He needs to be warm like me to sleep. We've been putting him in a light sleeper with either a sleepsac or just a knit blanket and he's been waking up for at least 2 hours every night for a month. The past two nights we put an undershirt and socks on with his sleeper and added a fleece blanket to his bed and he has slept!

February 6th, 2013, 07:00 AM
I hope you feel better soon!

Hooray for sleep!

Hoping to finish the cleaning at the office today, just had to stop to pump and I'm back to it. We should be home by three today!
February 6th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Yay for sleeping! Last night wasn't as good, but it wasn't terrible. Tonight is a new night!

So productive Chantelle!

Oh my. So we went to a mall today I haven't been to with Cam yet. I had to feed and change him while we were there. It took us like 15 minutes to find the breastfeeding/diaper change area. Holy cow. It was super frustrating. One sign said it was straight ahead, but it was actually down the aisle to the right. Took us two laps and the last 5 minutes he was crying

Jess
February 6th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I have the 30 day shred dvd, and I hate every single minute of it. I don't enjoy pain. Or the aching body the next day. My sister tells me to suck it up.

I still go to bed sometimes thankful I don't have to get up with little ones.
February 6th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Glad to be home! I've been home for a few hours, but just relaxing with the kids and DH. Getting ready to help them do up their Valentine's for the Library party on Friday, then get showers done.
February 6th, 2013, 04:17 PM
We got the girls off to school this morning then I went to the playgroup thing that I help with. Within the first 10 min of being there I was crying, I give up this is the second week in a row that I've come home so stressed out that I'm crying. It's not worth it. I told them I wouldn't be back, that this is a source of preventable stress and I have enough other stress in my left that I don't need this too. So this was my last week. I'll miss the kids, but I won't miss the caregivers.

February 6th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Awww, Caroline, that sucks - sounds like you're making the right decision for you though, you don't need the added stress.

Who in Ontario is gearing up for our storm?!?! We're forecasted 10-15cm - hoping we actually get it and then some!!!!

Jess
February 6th, 2013, 05:35 PM
A snow storm might be fun, we haven't had a good one yet this year. Just as long as we keep hydro, I have no desire to be cold with a toddler.

February 7th, 2013, 09:48 AM
helios's Avatar Veteran
We've been having really nice weather lately, finally! No storms out here!

On the topic of sleep: My partner and I are now taking turns cosleeping with my son, which means every other night I get a good nights sleep! It is so nice. I hope he starts sleeping through the night soon though. Over 1 year of broken sleep is tough!

In other news, my DS now has a handful of words that he can say, and hearing him talk is the cutest thing in the world. He started saying "uh oh!" this week and it kills me every time. So so cute.

mccaroline: I think it is really great that you are cutting out a big source of stress in your life.
February 7th, 2013, 10:40 AM
helios - I love that, "uh oh" was one of my DS's first words too, it was so cute! His newest is "I stuck!"

Thanks for the support ladies. I have a few big things going on right now that are major stress factors for both me and my DH that we're having a difficult time changing, so the one little stress that I knew I could get rid of easily was a pretty easy decision. Actually it was a snap decision, one of the ladies who leaves her kids with the playgroup did one thing I didn't like and that was it, I was done. I didn't even talk it over with DH. He actually said he was surprised I stayed the morning and didn't pick up my son and walk out instead of staying to finish the morning. It's a set up where there are three leaders and a group of moms and daycare providers who leave their kids with the leaders and then go to a bible study, so there would be 3 leaders and 12-15 kids under 2 years old including the leaders own kids. It was overwhelming.

February 7th, 2013, 11:28 AM
helios's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccaroline View Post
His newest is "I stuck!"
Aw! That is cute! Watching my son's language develop has so far been one of my favorite aspects of parenting. My DS only has a few words (ball, truck, dada, uh oh) but I LOVE listening to him walk around saying them over and over, practicing, and then using them in the appropriate context. It is amazing!
February 7th, 2013, 12:04 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Stress sucks.

Did you end up getting a storm, Jess? We are supposed to be getting a fair amount of snow today/tonight. I'll believe it when I see it.

I felt good yesterday and Theo and I went for a nice walk. Today I am feeling crappy again so we didn't go to his Mother Goose. We have just been hanging out and listen to the iPod today.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search