~*~March Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 21st, 2013, 08:50 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
To do list:

Pack for each of the kids as well as DH and I for the weekend
Buy a birthday present
Make gift basket for tournament prize
Wash DD1's equipment for the tournament
Clean the van including taking out two car seats and rearranging the bench seats
Get DS, DD2 and dog to my parent's for the weekend
The rest of the usual daily stuff with kids and daycare and school etc
Final ringette practice before tournament

My husband had the nerve to tell me that I had a quiet day today so maybe I could get some more packing done for the house!

March 21st, 2013, 11:44 AM
Getting through my list. Everything will be done before I go to bed tonight.

The saddest thing is packing up my pup. She's going to stay with my parent's until we sell the house since I don't have anyplace to put her for open houses and for when people want to come to see the place and I don't feel right leaving her in the van if we go shopping or something while people come to the house. This place better sell fast so I can have my pup home with me again.

March 21st, 2013, 12:45 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
im sorry your puppy cant stay with you caroline that must be hard for you.. i hope your house will sell quickly

March 21st, 2013, 01:10 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Awww, but its for the best, its not fair to leave her in the car. Even though its not super hot out, she could be cold. Good job for thinking of her!

Guess what I did today!!!!! Went to Target!!!!!! Its basically like Walmart, and instead of blue, signs are red. No price/product differences. I did get some new sippy cups and snack containers in colours that they always seem to be out of at BRU and Walmart. About 25% of the shelves were still bare with signs saying they're still stocking up. At least 50% of the people were pushing strollers, the baby section was crazy busy! So funny!

Its a Target in a mall, so then we went to the food court. The food court looks out on an ice rink so we watched some hockey, and ended up talking to the girl and baby at the table next to us...her little boy Gavin was 2 weeks younger than Cameron, and her name was also Jessica

All in all, a good day. Until I went to get the mail after we got home and fell down the front steps carrying Cam...luckily I fell in a way that made sure he didn't fall. But I got some nasty scrapes on my calves and knees.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 21st, 2013, 03:02 PM
helios's Avatar Veteran
Sorry to hear you fell! Ouch!

We are having another snowstorm. I left work early because the roads are so bad and on the way home I saw over 20 cars in the ditch and drove past 3 multi-car accidents! Glad I left early, because the roads are even worse now. Where is spring???!?
March 21st, 2013, 03:42 PM
Wow! That sucks! I can't believe we're still getting snow storms!

Jess
March 21st, 2013, 06:27 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
man today was one long day! The toddlers really tested my patience and of course the newbie refused to let me put him down for even a minute all day (thank god for the moby!) then we went to walmart and it was a mad house!! I cant wait to take a nice long bath and go to bed

March 21st, 2013, 06:58 PM
Love my moby! Wish Cam was still little enough for it. We have an ergo and he's just started going on my back, he loves it! I can't wait for some warmer weather so I can go for walks outside with him in it (and the dog!).

No new Big Bang Theory tonight!!!! American Idol instead....seriously, who is making these decisions?!?!

Jess
March 21st, 2013, 07:32 PM
I'm still not packed. Mom decided she would come get the two little ones and my pup for us (I call her my pup but she's actually 8 years old, we've had her since she was 8 weeks), that would have been a great help but she showed up an hour earlier than I was expecting her so I had to rush to finish getting everyone ready and I don't feel like I really got to say goodbye to everyone properly.

Hope you don't hurt too much in the morning from your fall Jess. Sounds like you had a great day out though.

I hear you about the snow storms. I'm so done with them! It was hard to walk to school today, it was a mess! That darned little white groundhog lied!!! He promised an early spring!

March 21st, 2013, 07:49 PM
I hate when people rush me!

I should take a picture of my one leg, its turning purple

I had a hot tub with my sister, we only open it half way for the two of us and there was at least 2cm on the other half of the lid after we were in there for half a hour!

Jess
March 21st, 2013, 07:56 PM
Oh No! I was told that putting petroleum jelly on it will help prevent bruising. Don't know if it's an old wives tale or if it actually works, but in my head my kids bruise less when I use it.

March 21st, 2013, 08:24 PM
It's kind of a big area...lol, and I hate wearing pants to bed, I prefer shorts...I may see if I have any though. At least its not short weather during the day

Cam is still asleep and I'm hanging out and watching big brother!

Jess
March 22nd, 2013, 11:08 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I fell down our steps with Hannah yesterday too! Managed to mostly catch myself though- I hope you're not too sore!

I love our Ergo, haven't worn Hannah on my back yet, but Sophia loved it!
March 22nd, 2013, 11:28 AM
Its not as bad as I thought today might be! The only bad thing is Cam keeps trying to pull himself up using my leg, so he grabs onto my pants, but always manages to scratch my scrape :/

So I think I mentioned the partner at the firm I used to work at, how he passed away on Monday night? He committed suicide. It is very shocking. I wasn't close to him at all and hadn't even seen him in 2 years, but it is still upsetting.

Jess
March 22nd, 2013, 11:35 AM
helios's Avatar Veteran
That's awful, Jess. Sorry to hear it.
March 22nd, 2013, 02:08 PM
Its surreal thats for sure.

Cam had an hour and 20 minute nap this afternoon! And when I was at Marshalls, I was talking away to him like I normally do and he fell asleep, without his paci!!! Huge improvements!

Jess
March 22nd, 2013, 04:19 PM
First day of games is over. Girls were so not with it today. Here's hoping tomorrow goes better. We took the girls to Chuck E Cheese in Cambridge as a team party. I've never been there before so I didn't know what to expect, but I was not impressed. It was very expensive and the food was not good at all. Then we did some shopping and got some great deals at a Roots outlet. Now it's supper and early to bed because tomorrow starts way too early for my liking.

March 22nd, 2013, 04:46 PM
Sorry you didn't have a good time Yay for shopping though!

Hope tomorrow goes better.

I have to visit my MIL tomorrow...not a fan.

Jess
March 22nd, 2013, 05:19 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I hope your visit with your MIL goes well!

I'm sorry Chuck E. Cheese wasn't much fun!

MIL is staying with the kids tonight while DH and I go to a local hockey game (they're all asleep)- I'm excited
March 22nd, 2013, 05:33 PM

That is all.
Kelz88 likes this.

Jess

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search