~*~March Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 25th, 2013, 07:58 AM
helios's Avatar Veteran
That is great about your girls Caroline!

Sorry to hear about Cam's sleep troubles, Jess. I had a really tough time through the whole first year with my son in terms of sleep, but at 14 months he has started to sleep through the night fairly frequently, so I promise it gets better!

So, my parents are thinking of maybe buying some land in BC so they can have an orchard, which I think is super cool. Now DP and I are thinking of maybe moving out there too to help out. We looked into the area a bit and the houses are a bit cheaper than they are here which is great, and I think it wouldn't be too hard for us to find work there either. I am trying not to get too excited but I think it would be really cool!
March 25th, 2013, 08:30 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That sounds like it would be a really cool thing to do! Do you have other family in BC too?

Sorry you're not getting any sleep Jess. That really sucks.

DS is sick. He spent the weekend with my mom while we were away and she said he was great all weekend but when she brought him back to me he spiked a fever and started throwing up. He's such a little suck when he's sick. I've gotten nothing done this morning because all I've done is cuddle him.

March 25th, 2013, 10:23 AM
helios's Avatar Veteran
Aw, poor guy. I bet he appreciates the cuddles though!

No other family in the immediate area. My mom is not as excited as my dad about, mainly because she wants family nearby if they are going to take on a farm. If my DP and I commit to moving there they will definitely do it (my brother is thinking about it too). Lots to think about! They are going down there in a few weeks to check everything out.
March 25th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
How exciting!!!! That would be neat out there!

Sorry he's not feeling well Hope he gets over it quickly.

We went for a walk today! And it was super windy, but my sister is so smart...we put the rain cover over the stroller and it totally blocked the wind!!!! Genius! I don't know why I never thought of that before lol!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 25th, 2013, 03:19 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
That would be so cool if you guys all went out to BC so that you would have each other. I would love to move to BC but family is all here.
March 25th, 2013, 04:16 PM
My sister lived in Victoria for a few years. She really enjoyed it. She came back only because she wants to settle down near family.

The Voice starts tonight! I'm a little sad that Christina and Cee-Lo aren't in this season, but we'll see if I keep watching it. OMG...couple it with watching Big Brother Canada...and I have TV on: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday.

Jess
March 25th, 2013, 05:07 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
i use the rain cover all winter when i used the stroller, best idea ive ever had, it keeps them so toasty!

i think im finally starting to get back into my groove, today was the first day i didnt feel like i was in way over my head, its nice!

March 25th, 2013, 05:19 PM
Yay! It will take time to get to 100%...and probably a little longer with 3 under 3! Hope every day gets easier

Jess
March 26th, 2013, 07:41 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Popping in! I've been busy the past couple of days, work haas been unusually time consuming. Good for business, bad for sanity
March 26th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Sounds like you have your nights covered with your shows.
Good to hear you are doing better, Bree.

Today was 6 degrees and Theo and I spent an hour outside. I got some things planted and he had a good time looking at things.

We officially have a bunny in the yard. I just saw him hopping around the front yard. If its not one wild animal, it's another! I like rabbits more than the groundhogs that we had the past few years though.
March 26th, 2013, 08:01 PM
I'm here you'd just never know it. I can't wait until this house sells.

March 27th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Hehe Caroline, I was hoping you were just busy packing

Yay for hanging out outside Maggie! I can't wait to do it more with Cam.

Cam cried from 8-10 last night, inconsolable. He was rocked, bounced, nursed, and nothing. This morning, suddenly he army crawls all over. I can't figure out if the crying related to him learning that skill? I'll take it but I hope he doesn't do it again, it broke my heart especially because we tried everything between me and DH.

Jess
March 27th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Oh poor Cam, and poor you, Jess. 2 hours of crying! Yikes. It probably is related to the new skill.

My back is getting better but it is still not 100%. I am hoping tomorrow it will be feeling good enough so that I can take Theo for a walk.
March 27th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Hope its better tomorrow!

We start our reading sessions at the library tomorrow...20 babies for half an hour...this is going to be so much fun!!!!! Its for birth to 12 months, I'm super excited!

Jess
March 27th, 2013, 07:31 PM
Quick update on my week:

DH starts his new job tomorrow!! Finally after 8 months of temp and part time jobs we'll have a full time income again and be on our way to getting benefits again!!!

Finally found a doctor who is willing to listen to our concerns about DD1 and is taking us seriously.

House should be clean, painted, staged and ready to be on the market just after Easter.

I got my migraine medication figured out with my doctor and pharmacy and no longer have to go in every 10 days to get new pills.

DD1 got on the Springette team she wanted on.

Life is good. Now I'll go catch up on what you ladies have been doing.

March 28th, 2013, 07:56 AM
Awww, yay!!!!! So glad you've had a productive week!!!! Its been quiet without you!

I was passing the grocery store this morning and it was super busy! I forgot they're closed tomorrow and Sunday...so I'm going to have to go grocery shopping tonight!

Jess
March 28th, 2013, 08:19 AM
wow what an awesome week for you, caroline! great news all around

not much happening here, gearing up for a boring weekend, and im getting my fill of chocolate, im starting my healthy eating, loose the baby weight diet on the 1st, wish me luck, i suck at dieting

March 28th, 2013, 08:45 AM
I forgot the stores were closed to, until this morning. And I still don't know what I'm making for dessert on Sunday, so I'm going to be one of those frantic moms standing in line with 3 whiny kids.

Good luck with your healthy eating. I always found it hard to loose my baby weight.

March 28th, 2013, 09:21 AM
EKK! I'm giddy! DH just left for his first day of orientation and training. Not that I haven't loved having him home with my, but seriously, get out of my house! I need my space back!

March 28th, 2013, 10:11 AM
LOL hope your Dhs training goes well! I always get a little crazy when DH is home too long, we love having him around but he really messes with our routine!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search