~*~March Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2013, 11:19 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree, my routine has been busted! Now to get back into it.

March 28th, 2013, 02:33 PM
hey its good to meet you fellow canuck mommas !!! have a great easter weekend everyone!
March 28th, 2013, 02:33 PM
hey its good to meet you fellow Canuck mommas !!! have a great easter weekend everyone!
March 28th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Yay for getting your space back! lol, I always feel DH is intruding when he's home on stats haha!

Yay for losing the babyweight! You can do it!!!!!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 28th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
i hope so! i think my biggest problem is that i dont get a chance to eat much all day so by the time all the kids are sleeping and i can eat im so hungry i have no control - i need to start making real food ahead of time

March 28th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Have you ever tried making freezer meals? They have been a life saver in our house. I get together with some other moms in my area and we each make 10 of the same meal (it's not as bad as it sounds) then we all get together, bring the kids for a play date and we chat for an afternoon then switch meals so we come home with 10 different meals. That's 10 nights I don't have to worry about cooking. We do it once every couple of months. In between I try to make more of simple meals so I can freeze some. Like tonight I made chili, so I made extra so I can freeze half of it.

March 29th, 2013, 05:45 AM
Oh that's so awesome! I wish I had something like that around here!

I second the things you can freeze or at least make bigger amounts of and eat for a couple days.

I also only buy a certain amount of snacks and I know they have to last me the week...but I do have weeks where they're gone 3 days later. I also use myfitnesspal, which is huge for me, because then I know how much I can have at night.

Jess
March 29th, 2013, 08:59 AM
thats a great idea caroline! sounds like so much fun. I will have to see if others around here are interested in doing that

March 29th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Hope everyone is enjoying their Good Friday!

Jess
March 29th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Super Mommy
Finally getting back on track with breastfeeding. Shes so impatient sometimes though that she just refuses to latch.

In the end though I have to keep reminding myself that she does get my milk, even if its in a bottle.
March 29th, 2013, 05:01 PM
my oldest son was a super impatient BFer too, he had some latch problems as well, he would thrash around and go nuts everytime he wanted to eat

March 29th, 2013, 05:28 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Had a pretty lazy day here- cleaned a bit, and worked a bit, but mostly we've just been lazy
March 29th, 2013, 05:46 PM
i love lazy days! it was pretty nice out today so we ended up taking the kids for a walk, the bigger boys loved sitting in the wagon and Finn slept pretty much the whole time, it was nice to get out of the house again too, weve been getting stir crazy after a long winter

March 29th, 2013, 06:19 PM
We were SUPER efficient today.

- the office is currently empty and has been sprayed for spiders (ewwww!!!!), we started moving things around and I found 3 live ones and a few dead ones. We're turning that room into Cam's playroom so I wanted ALL spiders GONE!
- emptying the office included going through 2 desks, bookshelf, and closet and moving things to different places
- Moved our big 3 piece hutch upstairs - this included emptying it, cleaning everything in it (at least 30 glasses, and 25 bottles of alcohol?)
- Moved the front room around to accommodate it
- Created an office/gym in the back room where the big hutch was (our drinking room haha)
- Started to organize our storage room...to be finished tomorrow along with Cam's playroom

Phew, good day!!!!!

Jess
March 29th, 2013, 06:35 PM
There is so much more to staging our house than I ever thought about. We've been cleaning and when I say cleaning I mean washing walls and scrubbing floors and doing baseboards, then it's fixing holes from a baby gate, replacing trim that's been damaged, peeling stickers and decorations off of items, cleaning carpets, etc. DH fixed the fence outside and cleaned up the yard. We still need to do paint touch ups and my MIL wants to paint the entire basement. I'm so tired. I'm at the point where I just want the house sold so I don't have to think about it anymore.

March 29th, 2013, 07:23 PM
Super Mommy
That sounds so tiring caroline Hopefully you get that house sold nice and quick!
March 30th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Wow, Jess, you were busy!

That sounds hectic, Caroline, I hope it sells quickly!

Getting ready to head to the hardware store, after I grab a shower
March 30th, 2013, 07:38 AM
At least you're doing that before you leave. We're still fixing those sorts of things here and we've been here for a year and a half! But our neighbour's house sold for almost $50K more than we bought ours for, so I figure we'll get good resale when we sell

I remember why I don't grocery shop on Saturdays I was going to go Thursday night, but then DH said he wanted to come, and Cam was in bed so we agreed to go this morning. We get up and he decides not to come!!!! So I left Cam with him (he wanted me to take him, but I put my foot down so I could be done as quick as possible). But there WAS SO MANY PEOPLE! At 7:45 in the morning!!!! But I was in and out in 45 minutes Never again though on Saturdays...I prefer my 7:30ish Sunday mornings, there's rarely a crowd!

Jess
March 30th, 2013, 10:57 AM
When I lived in the city, I use to leave the kids with my ex and grocery shop in the middle of the night, the stores were so empty!
March 30th, 2013, 01:02 PM
LOL! I went out this morning too. It was nuts! Of all places, I actually found the Bulk Barn the worst! I was in and out of Walmart faster than the Bulk Barn and I was only getting 2 things there.

I'm off to my Mom's now for Easter Dinner with her. I'm actually pretty ticked. DH's family has held Easter Dinner on Good Friday for as long as we've been married, likely longer and my family on Easter Sunday. All of a sudden this year they announce they are going to host on Easter Sunday, leaving my family struggling to find a time when we could all get together. We settled on tonight, and I should just get over it because we'll all be together and that's what matters, but I'm still annoyed at DH's family.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search