~*~March Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 30th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Welcome to my world every holiday! DH's family switches things every time and switches the time a few days before.

2 days ago we were going for brunch at DH's aunt's, and dinner at 4 at my parents (early because Cam goes to bed at 5:30 still...). Now his aunt switched from brunch to dinner at 5. Thanks. So we're going there from 2-4 (since she said don't show up till 2), and my parents 4-5:30ish and hope Cam doesn't melt down. Good thing they're only 10 minutes apart! But every holiday is like this and I am so done running around.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 30th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
i hate when people change plans like that! what a pain.

March 30th, 2013, 06:24 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hate the running around too, makes the holiday so stressful that I don't enjoy myself. Easter until this year was always the same and I liked it.

Christmas we used to do the run around until DD2 was born and I put my foot down and said enough was enough. I made a plan told DH, his parents and my parents how it was going to be and if they didn't like it too bad because that's what the kids and I were going to do. If this keeps up with Easter I'm going to have to put my foot down again.
magz88 likes this.

March 30th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Christmas is worse! I wanted to put our foot down but we got sucked in this year again. We'll see how this year goes.

DH's family occasionally does something for Easter. Its not consistent year over year if they even do anything, or even if his mom's side does something or his dad's side does (this year his mom's is, his dad's is doing nothing).

One more day. One more day. We can get through this

Holy cow! Made this tonight:

http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/...tter-bars.html

I would recommend maybe 3/4 cup of butter rather than a full cup and/or more graham cracker crumbs, but other than that...AMAZING!

Jess
March 31st, 2013, 04:59 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Mmm, that sounds yummy!

Holidays are always crazy for us here too! But for the most part it's the same every year, at least our craziness is consistent

The kids had a great time looking for eggs this morning, even Sophia was so into it! Hannah hasn't even woken up yet Getting ready to head to Church soon so I may have to wake her..
March 31st, 2013, 10:19 AM
I love the six sisters blog, they have great recipes and I've used so many of their crafts for my Brownie unit.

I need to get off my tush and get my baking done for dinner tonight.

March 31st, 2013, 10:51 AM
Heading off into the craziness shortly. Cam didn't nap before church, fell asleep the last 10 minutes of church, and finally went for a nap at 12:30....we leave after he wakes up!

The Easter Bunny visited our house, he got 4 trucks to finish off his collection of them (they're little Tonka ones from Walmart), PJs, a pair of overalls, and 2 of those pouch things that they can suck on? The Easter Bunny also left Oh Henry eggs for me and Rolo eggs for DH

Jess
March 31st, 2013, 04:51 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Yummy!

Finally home! Church this morning, and then out to dinner with my parents (my grandmother had to reschedule her dinner to tomorrow night), then to the park. I'm exhausted! The kids are watching Sophia the First and then heading to bed
March 31st, 2013, 05:09 PM
Yay for bed! I could go to sleep right now!

Today didn't go too badly. But I want to strangle my nephew, or my SIL. He kept coming up and getting right in Cam's face. It scared him and he would cry. We would ask him not to do it. My SIL wouldn't do anything to make him stop. Thank goodness they were late, and we had to leave early (to head to my parents) so we were only there at the same for about an hour. But seriously. My nephew is 7 years, Cam is 7 months.

Jess
March 31st, 2013, 07:00 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
OMG those bars look super tasty.

I am glad your kids had fun doing the egg hunt, Chantelle. I can't wait to do that for Theo!

I don't like running around all over the place for holidays either. Christmas we were at 3 places and it was hectic. This Easter we just had two and it was just right.

The snow has really gone a lot with all the warm weather. I think I will start working in the yard this week.
March 31st, 2013, 08:26 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Our holidays are not to crazy, but we have set family and places. Easter my house my mothers family. Thanksgiving DH family, Christmas(my parents are usually in Arizona for the winter) so Dh family here because we have the cattle that have to be fed. You want to see us ya gotta come to us. My brother and sister and I usually have Christmas between Christmas and new years.

April 1st, 2013, 07:23 AM
I made that recipe yesterday as part of my baking for dinner last night. I took your suggestions added extra graham crackers and less butter. It was really good!

I made 4 desserts, an apple pie, the peanut butter bars, jellybean bark and chocolate and vanilla cake pops. I thought there would be 30+ people at the dinner like every other year. There were only 17 people, 9 adults and 8 children. Someone could have told me I wasn't cooking for the extended family!!
Jessimaaka likes this.

April 1st, 2013, 11:47 AM
helios's Avatar Veteran
Hi everyone! I am off today and DP is working, so I am home alone with my son. It is really nice to have some mommy son time! He is napping so I am relaxing a bit before I start cleaning. I'm hoping he has a good nap. He is in a weird spot right now where 2 nap a day is too many but one doesn't seem to be enough.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search