~*~March Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2013, 05:46 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I hope you have a great visit!

Getting ready to take Alyssa to her dance class this morning..
March 2nd, 2013, 08:57 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's a big baby! Let's hope they're wrong! I was told at 36 weeks that DD1 was already over 8lbs, I had her a couple weeks later and she was born at 5lbs 2oz. I'm pretty sure she didn't shrink, so I don't trust the measurments much.

Have fun visiting!

We're back from our game this morning. DD1 was goalie. It didn't go well, but considering there had to be 40+ shots on net she only let 10 in so I give her some credit. We have a bit of down time then I'm dropping dd1 off at a party and taking a friend to Costco while we wait for our girls.

March 2nd, 2013, 12:06 PM
Have fun at Costco!

My oldest two are at skating with DH, Sophia is napping, and Hannah is being cuddly For a while they were both napping and just as I was thinking about laying down, DH's cousin showed up
March 2nd, 2013, 02:54 PM
WOW, now I remember why I don't go to Costco on Saturdays. It was nuts!

OK, so just as I was saying I was getting some weekends back, I signed DD1 up for Springette today. We now play until June. We get July off, do summer ringette camp in August and start regular season the end of September. I think I've offically lost my mind.

A nap would have been really nice, too bad company showed up while your little ones were sleeping.

March 2nd, 2013, 03:35 PM
I'm sure they'll love it though, even though it'll keep you busy!

It always seems to go that way, the odd chance that I could nap something goes wrong!

Heading to the gym shortly, as soon as I get the older kids to bed. Hannah is sleeping right now, so DH will only have Sophia to deal with getting to sleep.
March 2nd, 2013, 04:58 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Wow busy busy!!!

We had an awesome visit He did great except for the last half an hour in the car. Which is pretty good considering we did almost 6 hours total in the car.

Home and he's asleep now! Took almost an hour but he's finally asleep!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 2nd, 2013, 05:16 PM
Super Mommy
I can barely handle 6 hours in the car hes a trooper!
March 2nd, 2013, 06:44 PM
I was thinking the same thing! 6 hours in a car makes me grumpy, you have an awesome baby there!

I know that feeling about naps. Sometimes I really wish we lived in one of those countries where afternoon naps are a normal part of life. I would love that.

March 2nd, 2013, 06:44 PM
(Also posted in the chat thread of my PR - sorry for duplication)

I am SO upset. For Christmas, I asked DH for earrings. Specifically studs I can wear everyday. I gave him a specific budget. What did he do? Spent double the budget and bought these dangly ones. I wear them rarely because Cam always grabs for them. I wore them today. He grabbed for them once earlier today. I went to go take them off just now, and one is gone I've had them for 2 months and 1 week. Freakin fantastic. We were all over. In Tim Hortons, in Harveys, in the car, at my Grandma's, at my Nana & Papa's, at home...I don't even know where to start.

Jess
March 2nd, 2013, 07:03 PM
Oh No! I guess the best you can do is call the people you actually visited. I'm actually sad for you.

March 2nd, 2013, 07:54 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
That sucks, Jess. Maybe now he can get you the pair that you actually wanted.
March 3rd, 2013, 04:40 AM
It's sad when 7am is considered sleeping in. We're off to look at the house. DH and I are excited, DD1 is upset, if we move she changes ringette associations and she's been playing with the same group of 4 girls since they all started playing when they were 4. I guess she's been up half the night thinking about that. Poor kid, I don't want to leave her out of things like this, but I hate seeing her worry about something that may not even happen.

March 3rd, 2013, 05:21 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That sucks Jess!!!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

March 3rd, 2013, 06:35 AM
That really sucks, Jess! I hope it's at someone's house so you can get it back!

I hope your daughter adjusts well if you move!

Not feeling totally great this morning, and I have so much to get done today!

Last edited by 2pinks&ablue; March 3rd, 2013 at 06:45 AM.
March 3rd, 2013, 07:21 AM
Awww hope things work out in her favour if you move Caroline - can't wait to hear how things go today though!

Next weekend, I'm going to a 1st birthday party, and a baby shower, and I also have another baby shower on the 24th. Today is a shopping day! Babies R Us has their Babyfest on so going to take advantage of some deals since both women are registered there! And then I'll add some Carters clothes in!

Jess
March 3rd, 2013, 11:08 AM
Oh have fun shopping! I love shopping for babies!

Well, the house has a lot of positives about it and a few drawbacks. One being there is only 1 bathroom and it's off the kitchen. The bedrooms are small, especially the Master. The detached garage is practically falling apart and 4 windows in the house are cracked and need replacing. But it has enough bedrooms for all of us, the kitchen is large, the dining room has a fireplace in it, there is a playroom/office as extra space, livingroom is a good size and I love the location. Lots of decisions to be made, but we're considering putting in an offer. If we can get it for the right price we'd move there.

March 3rd, 2013, 11:25 AM
I'm glad that its not a total write-off to start!!! You said it was 4+1 bedrooms...is one of them small enough to turn into a bathroom down the road? That's crazy a house with that many bedrooms has one bathroom...normally they add at least one more thinking there will be a family living there (vs a couple). If you know a plumber, you can do it relatively cost-effectively. Also, you can probably build into your offer a condition to fix the windows - we wanted to do that with the one broken window when we bought this house, but the people were super hard to work with and didn't want that to break the deal.

Fireplaces are amazing! And a detached garage is DH's dream

Jess
March 3rd, 2013, 11:34 AM
No real place to put a second bathroom. I actually think the bathroom that's there is an add on. The house is over 100 years old, it wouldn't originally have had a bathroom at all. The garage needs a bulldozer. Even the agent told us it would likely be more cost effective to just build new than to try to fix it. Not sure what we'll offer with the windows, like you I wouldn't want that to be a deal breaker.

March 3rd, 2013, 12:05 PM
It sounds like it could be a great house, with a little TLC

Making pizza for supper (again lol) and then heading to Church tonight.

Last edited by 2pinks&ablue; March 3rd, 2013 at 12:16 PM.
March 3rd, 2013, 12:54 PM
Mmm, homemade pizza. I could go for that. I haven't made pizza in forever. Two of my friends just posted on FB that they are having homemade pizza for supper tonight too.

DD2 is coming down with something, she is curled up on the couch with the energy of a slug and her cheeks are all red, she doesn't even want to get up to go to practice tonight.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search