~*~March Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 15th, 2013, 06:04 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Oops, not a 5 hour stretch, 5 hours total with only 1 wake-up though, which is still an improvement

Yay! Tonight is Mary Poppins!!!!! Super excited!!!

Sunday is DH's birthday and he was planning on having people over tomorrow. And now no one seems to be able to come except for his best friend. So I don't have to spend the whole day cleaning and grocery shopping and making snacks, but I feel bad for him as well.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 15th, 2013, 09:44 AM
helios's Avatar Veteran
5 hours alone in his bed is great, even with a wake up!!

We had another huge dump of snow last night, resulting in a horrible drive in to the University this morning. The roads were really bad. I hope they are better by the time I am ready to leave. Come on spring!
March 15th, 2013, 10:17 AM
We have some light flurries going on right now. But I was peeking at the 14 day forecast and warmer temps are coming!!!!

Jess
March 15th, 2013, 10:57 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DS has decided that he doesn't need sleep anymore. He only had a 1 hour nap yesterday when he normally sleeps for 2-3 hours. Then he decided that he was only going to sleep from 9:00pm-1:30am last night. We finally got him back to sleep around 6:00am just in time for the girls to get up. He is one royal grump today.

On the upside of the day, DH got offered a job!! It's full time and offers benefits. After having 7 months of just part time and temp jobs, I'm so excited!
magz88 likes this.

March 15th, 2013, 11:08 AM
helios's Avatar Veteran
That is such good news, Caroline!
March 15th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Boo on the sleeping.

YAY on the job!!!! That is fantastic news!!!!

Jess
March 15th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Super Mommy
Boo for not sleeping, but yay for a new job!

I told myself I wouldnt let the baby sleep in bed with me, I managed to last a whole ten days lol. Shes not too fond of her bassinet and only sleeps in her crib during the day. Originally she was going to start off in her own room, but then I had a c-section and didnt like the thought of her not being right next to me.

No big deal I guess, considering the other kids slept in my bed as well.

On another note, heres a song by a couple friends of mine. If you dont mind give it a listen
http://youtu.be/AQNn03iOETo
March 15th, 2013, 12:13 PM
I was wondering where you were Caroline! Hope you got to make up some of that sleep this morning.

I promised myself Cam would never end up in bed with me...and here we are 7 months later! And trying to get him out of my bed lol. But definitely what worked for us as I had a c-section as well.

I will have to look at that later...Cam is in his swing and I'm trying to get him to nap.

Jess
March 15th, 2013, 12:32 PM
I'm still here, I'm still trying to stage this darned house. DH and I are serious packrats! I sent about 15 boxes to storage yesterday and it doesn't look like I took anything out of the house! And now that I've spent pretty much all week working on the house I'm behind on dishes and laundry.

DS is sleeping now, finally. He fell asleep at about 1, so I'm hoping he sleeps until at least 3.

March 15th, 2013, 12:51 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Just popping in, haven't had a chance to read back yet. Hannah had decided that mommy doesn't need sleep anymore. I've gotten maybe 9 his total in the past three nights. *yawn*
March 15th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Sounds like none of our little ones want us mommies to get any sleep. Not fun!

March 15th, 2013, 05:42 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
I hope your DH still has a great day. That tends to happen as you get older - but the big number birthdays still get people out.

That's fantastic news about the full-time job!

Another day indoors today since its cold. I got some floor removed. It is possible asbestos tile so I have to wear a mask, keep it wet and I have a cover over the door so that any dust doesn't go into the kitchen. Its a pain but I only have about 1/3 left to do now.

My little contest hobby is going well. This week I won a $50 VISA card, $50 Joe Fresh card and a Playbook.

This weekend our neighbour is turning 89 and Richard's Mum is having a little party for him so we will go over there.

Other than that we have cleaning, we want to hang the door on the bedroom (the one we got was an inch too long - I forgot to measure), the gym for me, and a guy is coming to do an estimate on the fence in the front.
March 15th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Sorry sleep isn't going well for everyone...Cam's actually doing a bit better...I hope it continues!

I saw a play of Mary Poppins tonight...it was SOOOOO good! I really enjoyed it.

Jess
March 16th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Wow, that's a lot of winnings!

I'm glad Cam is sleeping better! And I'm glad you enjoyed Mary Poppins!

Hannah slept a bit better last night, but still terrible compared to usual. Getting ready to take Alyssa to her dance lessons.
March 16th, 2013, 10:14 AM
DS slept last night, he went down at about 9:30pm and didn't wake up until 7:30am.
magz88 likes this.

March 16th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Wow, lucky you! Glad you got some sleep

Cleaning today, I need this house in order!
March 16th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
We are in a blizzard again !?!?!?!?!?!!!! Every time it snows we are in a blizard. Last night blizard, today its good, but more tonight and tomorrow !! Have ya heard of SPRING !! Winter is getting a little long for us.

Good news,is calving is starting in about a week ! Always fun to see the babys

March 16th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Yay for sleeping Caroline!!! Cam slept in his crib last night from 1am-5am...without waking up!!!! Amazing! And tonight, I was putting him to sleep in our bed and he kept stirring and not settling. So I nursed him and laid him in his crib...2 min later he was out!!!! I hope this continues! Its been like a light switch this week...he's been doing so well!

More snow here too! Not a blizzard, but some flurries. Hope spring comes to you soon! Since it started so late, it seems like its going on forever! Calving is probably so interesting! My uncle has a farm, but he has horses and llamas, no cows

Tomorrow is DH's birthday, and for the first time, Cam said ''Da da'' today...DH is taking it as his birthday present Cam was just making noises, but still, it was cute!

Jess
March 16th, 2013, 09:09 PM
I think I'm getting sick. I'm so tired and my throat is sore. Too bad my neighbours are partying and I can't get any sleep. They keep waking up the kids. I hate living next to students.

March 16th, 2013, 09:24 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
That sucks that you are getting sick, Caroline.

The little party was fun. The man is interesting. He has lived in that house all of his life and he is a veritable compendium of information on the history of Barrie. He has tons of pictures of the area during different time periods.

We are watching The Hobbit but it hasn't really grabbed me.

Baby calves must be so cute!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search