~*~March Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 17th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
I know im super bad at being active here sorry ladies! But im going to try and stop in more often so i thought id drop in here and say a quick hello

for all those who dont recognize me, Im Bree, im 25 and live in Barrie Ontario. Dh is Derek, hes 30 and we have 3 little boys, Ross is 2.5, Will is 17 months (on the 20th) and Finn was born March 8th! Im a SAHM and Dh works in insurance

I hope you are all doing well and i look forward to getting to know you all better!
magz88 likes this.

March 17th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Hope you don't get any worse Caroline! Being sick sucks. That also sucks about your neighbours...at least you're outta there soon enough! The leading story on the 6:00 news last night was the riots last year and all the measures to avoid them!

I wanted to see The Hobbit! So you don't recommend it Maggie?

Welcome back Bree!!!! Congrats on the birth of your little man! 3 under 3 must be a handful! And all boys!

Its funny, now that I've had a boy, I can't imagine having a girl...I wouldn't know what to do! We want 3 as well, so I can see myself ending up with 3 boys Pretty sure I've mentioned this before, but I still think it lol.

DH and his 2 friends hung out all night in the garage (no smoking allowed in the house and it was too cold to be outside)...his friends left at 2am and I dragged him out of bed at 10am lol. One of them, his sister has a boy who's I think 7 now...she keeps passing clothes onto us!!! We got 2 more boxes last night!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 17th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Oh and happy birthday Bree! It said at the bottom of the JM boards that its your birthday

Jess
March 17th, 2013, 06:39 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Definately sick. Not a good time to be sick. I have too much to do. I couldn't go to the last ringette practice for DD2 tonight and I felt so bad but I just couldn't do it I was sound asleep.

Last night's party lasted until about 2am, 20 or so people, all students in a small townhouse. I was not impressed.

Funny. I said the same thing about girls. I was sure I was having a boy with my first but when I had a girl and then a second I couldn't ever imagine myself with a boy. Now I'm loving having both genders in the house.

March 17th, 2013, 07:07 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Hope you're feeling better!

I'm not in great shape tonight, a couple of people were just over and we were reminiscing about a childhood friend that passed away yesterday
March 18th, 2013, 04:24 AM
Glad the parties are finally over for you Caroline. Hope you can get better quickly. That sucks missing things like that.

I'm sorry Chantelle, that is rough.

Back to the grind today, need to go grocery shopping, we were too busy this weekend!

Jess
March 18th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Sorry Chantelle

Yes back to the grind....cleaning out from out latest winter storm . Every week the buses to the school get cancelled ! This year is crazy !!

Thank You tasha_mae

March 18th, 2013, 09:16 AM
helios's Avatar Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countrymom4 View Post
We are in a blizzard again !?!?!?!?!?!!!! Every time it snows we are in a blizard. Last night blizard, today its good, but more tonight and tomorrow !! Have ya heard of SPRING !! Winter is getting a little long for us.

Good news,is calving is starting in about a week ! Always fun to see the babys
Same here! We got so much snow this weekend. Seems like it never stops.

And yay for calving!

Bree- Congrats on baby Finn!! How is everything going with the new guy? And happy birthday

Chantelle - Sorry to hear about your friend

Caroline - Hope you feel better soon!

Jess - I can also see myself ending up with 3 boys! My DP and I always joke about that.

We had a good weekend. I took my son to an indoor playground and he had a blast. We had our cat that we lost last weekend cremated, and I picked up his remains yesterday. I broke down again when I picked him up, but it's nice to have him (or, at least his ashes) back with us. Not sure what I am going to do with his ashes yet though. I might buy a nice little box to put them in for now.
March 18th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Sorry Christy

Well, the snow has started here again...2-4cm this evening, mixed with rain and ice pellets, lovely!

Jess
March 18th, 2013, 03:52 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Sorry Christy

I'm exhausted today, it's been a crazy Monday!
March 18th, 2013, 04:31 PM
today was my first day home with all 3 kids alone. I survived but barely LOL

its snowing here too, im so over winter, i cant wait for everything to melt! I want to get out of the house more often

March 18th, 2013, 04:57 PM
That was the bad thing about having an unexpected c-section in August...its just before the weather cools so we didn't get out as much as I hoped - I wasn't comfortable controlling the stroller and an 80lb puppy (very much so a playful puppy!). Now I'm good and can't wait for better weather!

Cam is asleep in his crib again

Jess
March 18th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Very tired. Mom came over and we worked as hard as we could to get our room and the girl's room ready to go. I can't believe how much stuff we've taken out of this house, either into storage, or garbage/give away. I also got the girls registered at their new school today. I'm feeling like it was a productive day but I'm exhausted.

March 18th, 2013, 07:06 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Jess - The Hobbit was fine - it's just not my style of movie.

Chantelle - Sorry about your friend.

Bree - Congrats on the baby!

We are in the midst of a storm right now. I took Theo to get his shot and he did well. Barely even blinked an eye. We had a really nice nurse too.

Theo really liked the bus ride - lots of stuff and people to look at. Sitting in the waiting room really made me happy to be healthy.

I am looking forward to going to Canada Blooms on Friday with my Mum.
March 18th, 2013, 07:15 PM
I feel a lot of the time I'm only ever bringing stuff into the house...I'm scared when we move!

We have a freezing rain warning in effect...it was snowing earlier, its currently regular rain...Not leaving the house tomorrow if I don't have to!

Super close to finalizing daycare for Cam in September...the first one we met with that I mentioned before. I've spoke with a few others and still haven't gotten the same positive vibe or something just didn't sit well with me. Plus the ones that never replied If the spot has been filled a quick email would be appreciated. We'll see how things shake out!

Jess
March 18th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Good luck with the daycare. I hope it works out well for you. Its too bad some people didn't get back to you. It doesn't take long to send a quick email saying the spot has been filled, and it creates good relations for when a space becomes available again. I'm so not looking forward to leaving all my contacts and other daycare moms behind and having to start over.

March 19th, 2013, 05:22 AM
I'm sure you will do great. That is frustrating to have to start over though.

Cam is 7 months old...and he's already peed the bed! I went in to get him this morning and there was a big wet spot he peed through the diaper, through his pj's, and onto the sheets! Good thing we had a mattress protector down!

Jess
March 19th, 2013, 08:37 AM
helios's Avatar Veteran
Glad to hear you are close to finalizing daycare for Cam, Jess!

The lady that runs the dayhome that my son is in (who is awesome!) is moving on April 1st. She told me where she was moving and it turns out it is right across the street from me!!!!! I am so excited to be able to walk across the street to pick up or drop off my son Also, my DP will be able to do some of the pick up/drop offs now too which is great! He couldn't before because we couldn't fit the car seat in his work truck, but now he can just walk over there. I'm really excited about it.
March 19th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Wow, that's fantastic luck! Ours isn't walking distance, but is about a 5 min drive. I will be doing the drop offs, and most of the pickups. DH sometimes will be done early enough to pick him up. Some days we'll need my parents to pick him up on time...not sure how we're going to work the carseat part of that yet though.

Its 1 and Cam has already had 2 naps today and getting ready for a 3rd...Not sure how this afternoon is going to shake out! He's headed for 4 naps in one day

Jess
March 19th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Finding daycare sounds like it would be stressful! it must be so hard to try and choose the right person to care for your child. Im glad you found someone Jess!

I wish my kids would nap 4 times a day LOL Ross doesnt nap at all anymore, he quit just after he turned 2, and Will is down to 1 nap at 17 months old

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search