Neighbours

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mccaroline

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2013, 06:58 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you have close neighbours? Do you get along with them? Meet them in an interesting way? Never see them?

-------

I live in a semi, so I'm attached to the neighbours on the one side and very close to the neighbours on the other.

The set of neighbours I'm not attached to are great people, young family like us, our girls go to school together and play together, we all get along very well. We met by accident, literally. Not long after they moved in I had my car parked on the road for some reason, well she backed out of her driveway and right into the driver side of my car. It's a good thing we all get along now, and we still laugh over how we met.

The neighbours I'm attached to are 5 college boys. I hate living next to them. They blast their music at all hours of the day and night. I've actually had pictures fall off the walls from the vibrations of their music. They sit outside late at night cursing right outside my dd's bedroom window, well actually they do that any time of day so I have to censor when my kids can play outside. They smoke a lot more than just tobacco which makes us have to keep our windows closed in the summer and makes another reason I have to watch when the kids are outside. These boys seriously make my blood boil. And oh the stories I could tell about these boys! Last summer they had the 5 of them living there plus 4 girls living in their detached garage! Keep in mind this is a 3 bedroom semi. It was crazy!
magz88 likes this.

March 2nd, 2013, 07:47 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
I would go insane living next to people like those boys!!!

We have a very friendly little neighbourhood.

I am on a name basis with 14 different families around us and quite a few others to say hello to. And Richard's mother lives across the road.

It is good because it makes the neighbourhood feel safe and nobody is overbearing.

The one neighbours on the side are nice but they play the radio all of the time during the day during the good weather and it is annoying and detracts from my enjoyment of my yard.
March 2nd, 2013, 08:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I totally understand about the bad neighbors, and keeping the windows closed, we were in an apartment for the past 5 years and every single one of our neighbors smoked!! And a few were incredibly loud (like call the police loud)

Now we can't see any of our neighbors. I've met one that lives across from the field on our property... He's pretty strange, just in a nerdy way. The neighbor to our South is known for being untrustworthy and if you have a dog that wanders onto his property he'll shoot it to wound it so it goes home to die... Luckily we don't see him ever His property is about 2 km from us. And we don't yet have a dog.

Across the Highway there is an older couple with foster kids... if the wind is right the sound carries and we can hear them, but still never see them!

All in all it's a pretty great location. We were made for rural living!

March 3rd, 2013, 05:46 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We pretty well know all our neighbors around us, the ones right next to us are really nice and have 2 kids, their little boy is 7 and my little girl has played with him for years now, they are best friends!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

March 3rd, 2013, 06:24 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I get along with our neighbors, but only two are nearby. Both older couples whose kids are grown and gone.
March 3rd, 2013, 07:16 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
That's super annoying Caroline! Hopefully this new place works out and you can get away from them!!!

Kalynn...that's terrible!!! What a meanie!!!

The neighbours to our left are actually my parents friends. They have 3 kids, and they align with my 3 youngest siblings, the boys used to play hockey together, and they've travelled together to Pennsylvania for the Friendship tournament for years. They are super nice! The father's nickname is Shrek - he's bald, big and bulky and has no neck he answers to it!! They have a pool!

The neighbours to our right...ok, see if you can follow lol. They have 2 girls. One of the girls is around my age, and she had a little girl at 18. The little girl's father is one of DH's friends - when they found out they were expecting, DH got him a full-time job. They are no longer together. But the little girl now lives next to us The grandparents are awesome, DH goes over there all the time to help him out, he helps us out, he snowblows our driveway, they talk cars, drink beers, we both love bonfires...we don't have a fence between us and we're now planning on putting the fence up so we can both let our dogs run...their dog hates Bama (its a teeny tiny yappy thing...we don't like it...the dad doesn't either ).

We are VERY lucky with our immediate neighbours. Not everyone on our street is that nice, but we lucked out big time!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 3rd, 2013, 11:20 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Most of our other neighbours are pretty nice. At least the ones we see. It's a quiet cressent but I'd say I only know maybe 5 families other than our immdiate neighbours.

We have the crazy old cat lady who lives on the corner who seems to know everyone's business, then there's the old couple who live across the street they just like to say hello in passing and see the kids. There's a couple people I get along with at the other end of the street, one because she has a DD in my DD2's class and one because her DD and my DD1 started school together and we actually became friends and have coffee and visit together. There is also one really nosy lady who wants to be everyone's friend but then talks about them behind their back. I've learned to avoid her.

March 3rd, 2013, 04:57 PM
We have one that calls by-law ALL.THE.TIME. His neighbour even hung a bird feeder on the fence between their houses on their own side, and he made them take it down because he paid for the fence...???

We also have a family with 4 girls, they are very sweet. And another with a dog named Jaegar (awesome dog name!). We are on a cul-de-sac, but really only see the ones on either side of us. Everyone else (except for the family with 4 girls) is older.

Jess
March 3rd, 2013, 06:03 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
I can't believe that guy shoots the dogs! I don't much care for dogs but I would never harm one- wow.
March 4th, 2013, 04:46 AM
MrsOrganization2011's Avatar Veteran
I'm jumping in here a bit I'm just new here!

Although I know a few of my neighbors to say hi I only know one of our neighbors by name and that's because we grew up next to each other when I lived with my parents too lol We seem to be following each other everywhere.

DH and I are the youngest couple in the neighborhood

Happily but Cautiously Awaiting our First!

March 4th, 2013, 05:03 AM
We're the youngest couple too...the neighbours to the right of us when we moved in were about our age, but they moved 6 months after we moved in - the wife decided not to return to work after her mat leave so they downsized. I was so sad to see them leave, they were nice!

Jess
March 4th, 2013, 05:15 AM
MrsOrganization2011's Avatar Veteran
DH and I have a Grannie Suite/Apartment attached to our house and we are getting new tenants that are younger than us. I've known them for a year or so and they are awesome, no kids, and very rarely have parties which is nice since DH and I are pretty quiet.

Happily but Cautiously Awaiting our First!

March 4th, 2013, 02:54 PM
That's nice to have someone closer to your age

Jess
March 5th, 2013, 10:28 AM
helios's Avatar Veteran
We live in a townhouse and have neighbors attached on either side. Both are really quiet and we rarely ever see either of them. I see the people who live across from us a lot more. We've met them a couple times, but it seems that in general, people in our townhouse complex really keep to themselves. It's kind of sad actually, I think it would be nice to be friendly with the neighbors.
March 5th, 2013, 04:45 PM
When we lived in an apartment, it was like that. We lived in a low rise that faced an identical one...the parking lot was in between and if you didn't close your blinds the people across could see in! I don't understand why everyone wasn't friendly though.

Jess

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search