March 25 - Canuck of the Week - Chantelle (2pinks&ablue)

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By 2pinks&ablue
  • 2 Post By 2pinks&ablue

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Chantelle is our next COTW We will follow the below schedule, but she doesn't have to answer it on every day, it depends how much time she has

This is REALLY fun if you all ask questions. So please ask questions for Chantelle in this thread, that she will hopefully have time to get to by Friday.

Want to sign up or see the schedule? Have questions on how it works? Check it out here:
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...nuck-week.html (Canuck of the Week)

MONDAY: Introduce yourself...pretty self explanatory but you can tell us as much as your comfortable about yourself, your loved ones, your job, etc.

TUESDAY: List 15 random facts about yourself. This is always a fun thing to do, and lets us get to learn more about your life that might not come up in a normal conversation

WEDNESDAY: Picture Day...if you have access to a camera, or already have pics on your computer, now is the time to show us your beautiful self, family, house, car, pets, etc. If you don't have personal pics, you can post pics you can find via Google and tell us about them and how they relate to you (example: my dream car, dream house, fantasy vacation, etc)

THURSDAY: Bucket List....make a list of 10-20 things you would like to do before you "kick the bucket"

FRIDAY: Question Friday....this is the day you'll get the chance to respond to all the questions that the ladies give you. If any questions come up that you don't feel comfortable answering, either state that, or PM the person asking to let them know you won't be answering, rather than ignoring it.

And......GO!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 26th, 2013, 07:13 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Hm, a little about me.. Well, I was born in a small town in New Brunswick, and lived there most of my life. I have a brother and a sister, but we're far apart in age (my brother is 15, and my sister is only 9). After graduation I moved to a nearby city for a year, only to realize that city life wasn't really for me, and moved back to my home town. I completed two years of university (major in criminology and a minor in psychology) and plan to finish eventually.

I had Alyssa while I was still in high school, got married soon after graduation, and had Rylan not long after. My marriage went downhill as soon as it started, and only lasted a few months. I met Troy while I was married, and we became best friends. He and my exDH served on the same volunteer fire dept. He was there for me when things were bad, and a few months after we split we started dating, we were "official" a couple of months later, about a month after Rylan's first birthday.

He has really stepped up with Alyssa and Rylan, and my ex is barely in the picture anymore at all. He lives across the country, hasn't been back in nearly two years, and only calls once a month or so, there have been times that it's been several months between his calls. So, Troy has in all senses of the word been Daddy ever since

Sophia was born in 2012, and Hannah arrived 14 months later We now live in Troy's hometown, about a half an hour away from where I grew up. I co-own a company with my Mom, and DH works in a saw mill. We are also a homeschool family.

I'm also a crafter- I sew, knit, scrapbook, paint, and cake decorate. I really enjoy working out, and am very proud of the fact that I have lost 29 lbs in the past 3 months! I can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can run outside again!
March 26th, 2013, 07:27 PM
15 Random facts, this one might be tough!

1. I just got my driver's license a few months ago!
2. I worked as a carpenter's apprentice.
3. I wear a size 11 shoe.
4. My eyes change colour.
5. I have a heart condition called vasovagal.
6. We cloth diaper.
7. I can lay on my stomach and bend my feet up and head back and touch them together lol.
8. I'm slowly becoming a "nerd" because of DH's influence
9. I had a publishing company interested in my writing but I was dumb and didn't get back to them in time.
10. I'm very frugal (aka cheap )
11. I collect Coca-Cola merchandise.
12. I'm a Toronto Maple Leafs fan.
13. My favourite colours are red and black (okay, black isn't "technically" a colour).
14. I have two tattoos.
15. I am a coffee addict.
March 26th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Yay for weightloss!!!! We need to start up our C25K again sometime...although I'm really enjoying interval training right now

What got you interested in criminology?
Why did you get your drivers licence now?
What's your favourite cloth diaper?
What's your most prized Coca-Cola memorabilia?
What are your tattoos of? Do you plan to get any more?
What would your dream vacation be?
What do you take in your coffee?
How many coffees do you typically have in a day?

Jess
March 26th, 2013, 07:54 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Awesome job on the weight loss. That is how much I need to lose to be normal again!

Have you ever been to Minister's Island?
Under what circumstances do your eyes change colour, and what colours?
March 27th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
What is the age differance between your children?
What is you favorite curriculum for HS ?
What grades are your children ?

March 27th, 2013, 11:17 AM
helios's Avatar Veteran
Good job on the weight loss!!!

Did you make any major changes to your diet in order to lose the weight?

What kind of writing do you do? What was the publishing company interested in? (that is so cool, even if you didn't get back to them!)

What kind of nerdy things do you like?
March 28th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Share your favourite recipe with us.
Do you have a favourite TV show?
What is your favourite summer activity?
What is your favourite winter activity?
Did you have any pets growing up?
Did you play any spots growing up?

Jess
March 28th, 2013, 08:03 PM
I'm doing this out of order because I want to take a few new pictures tomorrow

Bucket List:
1. I want to visit all of our provinces/territories (I've been to 5 so far)
2. I also want to visit all of the states in the USA (I've been to 22).
3. I want to be visit Scotland.
4. I want to be a published author.
5. I plan to finish my university degree.
6. I want to be "semi-self-sufficient" (mini farm- crops, dairy cow, beef cow, goats, pigs, chickens, turkeys, and a couple of horses- but those are just for fun of course lol)
7. I want to be able to make a good income from my business.
8. I want to pack up the kids in an RV and roadtrip for a couple of months (this one might not be feasible though)
9. Design and build our own home.
10. To see the 7 wonders.
11. I want to sky dive.
12. Be part of a flash mob.
13. Spend New Year's Eve at Times Square.
14. Act in a play.
15. Get back into dancing.
16. Own a cabin on a lake.
March 28th, 2013, 08:04 PM
I'm doing this out of order because I want to take a few new pictures tomorrow

Bucket List:
1. I want to visit all of our provinces/territories (I've been to 5 so far)
2. I also want to visit all of the states in the USA (I've been to 22).
3. I want to be visit Scotland.
4. I want to be a published author.
5. I plan to finish my university degree.
6. I want to be "semi-self-sufficient" (mini farm- crops, dairy cow, beef cow, goats, pigs, chickens, turkeys, and a couple of horses- but those are just for fun of course lol)
7. I want to be able to make a good income from my business.
8. I want to pack up the kids in an RV and roadtrip for a couple of months (this one might not be feasible though)
9. Design and build our own home.
10. To see the 7 wonders.
11. I want to sky dive.
12. Be part of a flash mob.
13. Spend New Year's Eve at Times Square.
14. Act in a play.
15. Get back into dancing.
16. Own a cabin on a lake.
March 29th, 2013, 04:48 AM
- what song would you pick for a flash mob?
- what draws you to Scotland?
- if you could pick a play to act in, which one would it be?

Jess
March 29th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Okay, pictures!

Hannah testing out her big sister's booster chair..

Sophia's first haircut!

Rylan, watching Spider Man.

Alyssa watching Spider Man (don't mind MIL's Montreal blanket in the background, we're a TML family!)

Daddy and his sleeping babies.

Hannah's new favourite hang out

He loves his baby sister!

My three girls..

Playing together..

Big smiles!

Our table from the wedding show.

An older picture of me and DH (I'm on the right, my Mom is on the left).

An old prom picture (I'm on the left)

I have this car to restore (my grandfather left it to me, it's a '56 Chevy Bel Air)- this is a Google picture, mine in in pieces in my grandmother's garage right now lol

And DH has this car to fix up from his Dad (this is also a Google picture, I don't have one of the actual car- it's a '69 Chevelle).

I'll be back to answer the questions
Jessimaaka and magz88 like this.
March 29th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Oh my goodness! Hannah is really starting to resemble Sophia! Love the hair cut picture! And the one of them in matching PJs!!!!

Jess
March 30th, 2013, 07:36 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Just catching up, love getting to know you !!

March 30th, 2013, 09:08 AM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
22 states already, that is a lot!
March 30th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Yay for weightloss!!!! We need to start up our C25K again sometime...although I'm really enjoying interval training right now Agreed! I think I'll be more into it when I can run outside!

What got you interested in criminology? I'm not sure really, I didn't have an "ahah!" moment or anything, it's just always something I wanted to do.
Why did you get your drivers licence now? I have to travel an hour each way for work, and just didn't want to have to worry about getting drives with other people. I'm looking forward to being able to pack up the kids and go even when DH is working too.
What's your favourite cloth diaper? Ooh, that's a tough one! With Hannah I actually love my prefolds, but with Sophia, I love Happy Heiney's and Green Acre Designs.
What's your most prized Coca-Cola memorabilia? An old metal wall sign from a diner, I love it!
What are your tattoos of? Do you plan to get any more? I have a music note with butterfly wings on the back of my shoulder, and "si je puis" on my ankle (It is one of my family's motto's from way back)
What would your dream vacation be? I would love to travel to Scotland.
What do you take in your coffee? Regular (1 cream, 1 sugar)
How many coffees do you typically have in a day? Right now, 2-3, but when I'm not pregnant/breastfeeding, it's more like 5-6.

Have you ever been to Minister's Island? No, I actually haven't!
Under what circumstances do your eyes change colour, and what colours? There really doesn't seem to be a reason for it, they just fade from blue, to green, to hazel. My grandfather's were the same way.

What is the age differance between your children? There is 17 months between my oldest two, 2.5 years between #2 and #3, and 14 months between the last two. Alyssa is 5, Rylan 4, Sophia is 21 months, and Hannah is almost 7 months.
What is you favorite curriculum for HS ? We haven't used a full box curriculum, but from the bits and pieces that we have used, we love Explode the Code!
What grades are your children ? Technically they are pre-K and K, but they've moved into K and first grade work.

Did you make any major changes to your diet in order to lose the weight? Not really, I've always eaten really healthy so there wasn't many changes to make. I do cook more from scratch (snacks and things) than before though.

What kind of writing do you do? What was the publishing company interested in? (that is so cool, even if you didn't get back to them!) I write a wide variety of fiction. The publisher was interested in a novel about the kidnapping of a woman by her boyfriend, called Oh the Wonderful Lies You Told Me.

What kind of nerdy things do you like? Video games (especially Skyrim), and shows/books such as The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones.

Share your favourite recipe with us. Broccoli and rice casserole (not the healthiest, but so good!:
1 head of broccoli, chopped
1/2 c. butter, chopped
1/2 c. cheese whiz
small onion, chopped
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 c. rice

Mix together in casserole dish and bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.

Do you have a favourite TV show? Right now, the Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Big Brother.
What is your favourite summer activity? Swimming.
What is your favourite winter activity? Ice skating.
Did you have any pets growing up? Yes, I had Sheeba (black lab) until I was 13 (from the time I was born, he lived to be 21), then I had Zeuss (black lab) for 6 years, then Tess (again, black lab) for 2 years (he got into anti-freeze and there was nothing we could do ), we also had several cats. I was given a budgy bird (Pokey) when I was 3 and he lived for 12 years!
Did you play any spots growing up? I danced for 14 years, played volleyball, basketball, and softball off and on.

- what song would you pick for a flash mob? I don't know, I've never given it a whole lot of thought actually!
- what draws you to Scotland? I've always wanted to visit there, it just looks so beautiful, but DH also has family there so that just gives me more of a reason
- if you could pick a play to act in, which one would it be? I honestly really enjoy Shakespeare, so I would have to say Romeo and Juliet, or a Midsummer Night's Dream.

This was a lot of fun
Jessimaaka and helios like this.

Tags
cotw

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search