Easter Mess Up

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jessimaaka

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 28th, 2013, 05:58 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I need advice from other moms.

I messed up and I think I just ruined the Easter Bunny for my kids. Now I don't know what to do.

DH and I went shopping this morning and bought all the Easter goodies to hide. We don't do much, we try to keep the main focus of Easter on the religious aspect, but we do enough to keep the Easter Bunny alive. So I had a big box of kinder eggs and a couple little gifts to hide. DH had carried them into the house for me and I thought he took them up to our room so I never gave them a second thought. Unfortunately he just set them on the dinning room table and when the girls came home they not only saw them but asked to have the kinder eggs. I told them no they weren't for after school snack and quickly put them away, but I know come Sunday morning when DD1 sees that their chocolate this year is kinder eggs she will put 2 and 2 together.

So now what do I do? I'd really like to keep the magic alive at least for the younger two, and I'm kinda mad that I just ruined it for DD1, she's been questioning more ever since Christmas with Santa so I knew I didn't have much time left with her believing anyways, but I think this will end it completely.

March 29th, 2013, 04:40 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Hate how little things like that happen

Can you not give them the Kinder eggs in their basket but give them to them from you and DH Sunday morning? Say for being so good about the upcoming move or something?

And then if possible, grab a different chocolate for them? I know that makes it harder on you guys, but if it buys you another year with keeping it alive for her, it might be worth it?
magz88 likes this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 29th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
((hugs)) I would pull DD1 aside and explain about the easter bunny, santa ect

The Truth About Santa | Cozi.com I really like how this mom explained it, id probably do something similar

March 29th, 2013, 04:11 PM
I like that Bree, it may just be time for something like that. She's one of the last few in her class who believe, so as long as she doesn't ruin it for her younger brother and sister then I can deal with her finding out.

March 29th, 2013, 04:11 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I agree with Jessica! I would pick up some other little thing, give them the eggs from you guys, and they'll never be the wiser!

Apparently we posted at the same time!.. If you make her a part of the "big secret" I'm sure she won't tell them, just make her feel included and I'm sure she'll enjoy being the only one who knows!
March 29th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
My parents also let me take over hiding the eggs for my siblings when I was told. It really helped ease the transition and made me feel more grownup.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 29th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Hmm, that's a good idea too, maybe that would help with the transition for her. It would help make her feel part of it too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search