~*~April Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree23Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 11th, 2013, 02:07 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yay for 10,000!

It's just started freezing rain here, the ice is pinging off my windows. So not fun.

I'm making my girls favourite mac and cheese tonight for supper, it's cold wet and windy, a good night for comfort food.

April 11th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Its been ice coming down since about 3 here. And the wind is pretty crazy. The pilot light on the fire went out and we can't get it going again Boo!

Yum for comfort food!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 11th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Oh Yuck! Curled up in front of the fire is the only place to be tonight. The wind is getting bad here now too.

My plan for tonight is to go to bed early and curl up under my electric blanket.

April 11th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
we have nothing, no snow, no rain, nothing.... im not complaining but goo way to make a huge deal of nothing

April 11th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Yeah, the schools were closed here today, not just buses cancelled, but schools closed...and nothing started happening till 3. Grade 10 literacy testing was supposed to happen today, exams at the universities and college in the area....all cancelled. For pretty much no reason. Way to jump the gun!

Finally got the fire going again...its original to the house (so about 24 years old), so its dying lol.

Jess
April 11th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Nothing's coming down here either... but it is cloudy and VERY windy and cold... I'm sure it's just a matter of time! They keep bumping up our flood forecast because Sask. is getting more snow!

Appointment went well... this kid's got some personality! When the midwife was "mapping" out his position she would say "ok, here is his back, and bum and his head is down there" and then he'd totally wiggle to be on the opposite side, and so she'd correct it, and as soon as the words came out of her mouth he'd move again! Aside from feeling sore, I am LOVING this stage of pregnancy!!! It's so obvious where he's sitting, and I love how he reacts to music and sounds!

April 11th, 2013, 04:52 PM
everything was cancelled here today as well. I dont have kids in school so it doesnt matter to me one way or the other, but seriously we have nothing happening here. I think it was a big over reaction

April 11th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Yay for an awesome appointment! I miss that stage of pregnancy! I dreamed the other day I felt movement and started panicking LOL.

So I guess I was premature in my comments...we've had 4 big booms in the past hour, apparently its hydro lines snapping? We still have power but some in our neighbourhood do not. The power can't go out here! I have the humidifier on for Cam to help with his stuffiness!

Jess
April 11th, 2013, 05:30 PM
aww i miss being pregnant already... i want to do it just one more time

April 11th, 2013, 05:49 PM
We plan to start TTCing in July (if AF is back...), that's like 3 months away. I am SO excited!

The power lines are arcing, not snapping...I'm new lol. Hydro crews are out and trying to fix things already. My DH is smart and when things started booming...he decided to go for a drive to check things out...

Jess
April 11th, 2013, 06:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanksgiving weekend we got a bad storm and over 180 hydro poles snapped under heavy snow... it was freaky but we were out of power for 5 days! it was awful! If it's safe to do so I'd recommend going out for some supplies... being without food, water, and power was too much for us, so we ended up staying at my MIL's in the city. We now have a stockpile of food etc!

April 12th, 2013, 04:18 AM
Its still freezing rain. We have lots of supplies and even mini propane tanks in the garage, so we'd be ok. But they didn't cancel most of the schools/buses today because they realized they shouldn't have yesterday. Only the ones out in the country.

So Cam has a HUGE rash covering his back, so I have to call the dr. and hopefully getting him in today.

Jess
April 12th, 2013, 05:23 AM
Nothing cancelled here today, but then nothing was cancelled yesterday either. We got some freezing rain last night today we're just getting wind and rain, lots of rain. Like we need more, my whole yard is a giant mud puddle.

I'm still not feeling 100% and this weather is just making me want to curl up and sleep. Not a good combination when I have work that needs to be done.

April 12th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Just lost power for about 5 minutes, its back though! Its POURING.

Just curl up Caroline...you need to put yourself first

Jess
April 12th, 2013, 06:44 AM
thats exciting about TTC jess. Dh is pretty sure hes done having babies, im learning to be ok with that, but id love an oops (shh dont tell) we arent doing anything to prevent ATM but i dont expect my fertility to return anytime soon either

yucky weather here today too, we had some freezing rain overnight, everything was covered in ice when we got up this AM, hopefully it warms up and melts soon, i have to run to the store but i hate going out in yucky stuff like this

April 12th, 2013, 08:14 AM
Ugg, what a day. If it weren't for DS I would have stayed in bed. Now my check engine light is on in the van. Does anyone know where I can get a money tree so I can go get it fixed? DH doesn't get his first pay until next Friday.

I also got a call from my parents that there are trees down on the farm thanks to the wind and freezing rain. One fell across the road, the county came and got it, but they need help with the others.

I would like a do over day please. Preferably one where I feel better and it's not raining.

April 12th, 2013, 10:05 AM
oh man what an awful day!

April 12th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Lots of snow coming down here today... We have found the best way to handle the current situation is to calmly and subtly add vulgar profanities into our regular conversation about the weather, spring, gardening, road conditions etc. It's been quite helpful! It's a proven stress reliever you know... and currently without little ears to listen it's been working well for us!
mccaroline likes this.

April 12th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Hope everything is ok at your parents Caroline!

We are just hanging out this afternoon...I am going out to the bar with friends tonight (first time since before I was pregnant!) so just relaxing lol.

Jess
April 12th, 2013, 12:28 PM
I'm sure it will be fine out there. I wasn't able to get out there today to help. Not that we'd be able to do anything, we need the ground to dry a bit to get the tractor and log splitter out. At least nothing fell on the hydro lines.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search