~*~April Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree23Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 12th, 2013, 01:41 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
I love your story about the stamp fellow, Caroline.

I don't miss being pregnant at all.

Today was horrible weather-wise. Ice everywhere and raining and cold. I called my MIL to see if I could go over and use her treadmill but no answer. I am feeling a bit trapped in the house.

DH saw a sheet of paper at work that mentioned him either being shifted to helper or laid off. Good thing he paid off the credit card this week. It'll actually be good if he gets laid off so he'll be forced get a job with better hours.
April 12th, 2013, 02:16 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't miss being pregnant either. I was so sick with all three of them and spent so much time in hospitals that I have no desire to do it again.

I wish your DH luck, after having no steady income our household for the past 8 months I wouldn't wish a lay off on anyone.

April 12th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope that your DH finds something that is better for your family! Disappointing to find out that it may be coming that way though. How unfortunate. What line of work is he in? Hopefully there are options locally for you!

April 12th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
That sucks Maggie. Hope it gives him the push he needs though.

I'm going out tonight! Having a vodka and crystal light right now I'm DD though, so I can have one more later on tonight

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 12th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
have fun jess!

nothing going on here, calling it an early night and heading to bed soon

April 12th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Single mama here, Dh left on his snowmobiling trip yesterday. The weather is not helping me !! The boys were crazy today, and I lost a calf to I think the cold weather

Thank You tasha_mae

April 12th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Boo. Crystal. That stinks! I do have to lol at the fact that your dh is able to plan a snowmobile trip mid April... that is the true nightmare!

April 13th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Kalynn it is in BC mountains. On that note the weather says more snow today and tomorrow HERE !! This is getting so crazy, and the kids are even more crazy !!

Thank You tasha_mae

April 13th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey you better watch it!!! the snow you get leads to the flooding we get!

Hopefully you are able to find a few peaceful minutes with the kids today!!! You can always do what my mom did.. bundle them up, pushe them out the door, then lock it!

April 13th, 2013, 08:35 AM
I was bundled and pushed out many times its a mommy trick for sure!

I had a fantastic time last night. It was me, my sister, and a friend and her sister (and our sisters are friends lol). We went to a bar that played retro music all night, like 80s/early 90s, so we were rocking out to Michael Jackson, Madonna, Vanilla Ice, etc. SO fun! But we were gone for 2.5 hours, and Cam was up for 2 of them, and was up every 45 minutes...I'm tired!

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend so far
crunchywannabe likes this.

Jess
April 13th, 2013, 10:30 AM
I'm slightly stressing. I have one girl at a birthday party, one girl going on a play date (at least it's not here), a son I'm trying to keep quiet and a husband who is supposed to be sleeping and we have 2 showings this evening! Showings are supposed to officially start until tomorrow, but our agent thought that if these two families wanted in so badly we should let them in, so I'm in a mad dash to get everything ready. I've been sick all week so today was supposed to be my day to catch up on laundry, now I'm cleaning everything with a hard surface until it shines! Thankfully my Mom offered to have us all over for supper so we're out of the house and don't have to do a supper clean up before the showings.

That's too bad about the calf. The weather we're having is terrible, Mother Nature really needs to step it up a notch and bring some spring weather when even the animals don't know how to deal with this.

April 13th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Ohhh, hope you get an offer as a result of your hard work Caroline!

Not much going on here today...my goal is to file my taxes by tonight! They're ready, I just have to actually file them

Jess
April 13th, 2013, 11:47 AM
I hope so too!! Best case scenario is they both like it and both put in an offer, worst is that neither put in an offer. Either way, its just nice to know that people are interested.

April 13th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Definitely! Getting them in the door is the hardest part

Jess
April 13th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Frustrated !!!! This snowy weather is making it wet and cold. Two of our calves(a couple weeks old)are sick with scours(the poops). So they are in the barn dehydrated, So I got them tubed and pill in them (a first for me). We have two hired hands that are great and very good at feeding but have never worked with cattle before so they don't know how to treat sickness. It is going to be along couple days until DH gets back !

Thank You tasha_mae

April 13th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
That sounds SOOOO fun! I wish I knew of a place around here that played music like that... I really enjoy going out, but I CAN NOT stand 18 year olds at the bar! I bet they'd avoid a place like that!!!

Hopefully you get an offer or two from the showings! I know how stressful buying a house is, I don't even want to think about what it would take to sell!!! (Dh jokes that he'll die in this house-at an old age... I'm ok with that thought now)

Man oh man, hope you can catch a break Crystal! Sounds like just plain bad timing! Hope the calves pull through!

April 13th, 2013, 03:01 PM
Oh Chrystal, that sucks! I hope the rest of the time your DH is away is uneventful.

At 28, I was one of the younger people last night It was awesome. And no little 18 year olds...amazing!
crunchywannabe likes this.

Jess
April 13th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
that bar sounds like fun! i havent been to the bar in a while, the last time i went i probably was one of those annoying young people, though i still like to think im young (25) just not so annoying LOL

April 13th, 2013, 06:30 PM
Never been into the bar scene, but that sounds like fun.

Sorry about the calves. That's rough, but I'm glad you were able to get the pills in them, that's a task in itself. Lets hope they're on the mend and the rest of the time your DH is away is uneventful.

April 13th, 2013, 06:54 PM
I danced for years, so I love just rocking out lol. I do it all the time at home with Cam but its not the same

Taxes submitted!!!! Yay! Don't have to think about it for a year

Jess

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search