~*~April Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree23Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 14th, 2013, 07:29 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Well my work paid off yesterday....the 2 calves are still alive !!

April 14th, 2013, 11:00 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Just popping in, haven't read back much..

I'm glad your calves are okay!

Cleaning the house today, working at the gym a couple of hours this afternoon too.. tv date with Troy tonight
April 14th, 2013, 11:27 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you calves made it through the night. I hope that means they are on the mend.

Not much happening here today, I served communion this morning at church and signed up for the next Alpha course, DD1 has power skating and a game today. DH is taking DD2 and DS to their cousin's birthday dinner. DD1 and I will be eating on the road since there's no time to come home between skating and the game.

April 14th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Busy night for you guys! Have fun!

Just got back from working at the gym, cooking supper and cleaning up a bit now I might make some more granola bars tonight.
April 14th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Yay for the calves Chrystal! Hope you have no more issues

Caroline, how did the showings go?

Have fun Chantelle! I made my chocolate peanut butter bar thingies again, muffins, and peanut butter cookies this weekend!

Typing this post, I realized we have a lot of ''C'' names

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 14th, 2013, 05:12 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
I am glad that you had a good night out, Jess.

And I am very happy to hear that the calves made it.

We had a pretty nice weekend. Just got back from groceries and the Mastermind toy store where we bought some birthday gifts for my friend's son's birthday next weekend.

Rich is a forklift driver. There are lots of jobs around here but they don't pay as much as where he works. But he is OK with the 20% cut it would be for better hours.
April 14th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
my weekend went by too fast....

i slept like poop last night, Ross decided to wake up at midnight and yell at me for 2 hours, nothing was wrong with him, he didnt want me, or anything, he wasnt sick, thirsty or hungry he just felt like yelling MIL thinks he might have had a night terror. Poor kiddo i felt awful to not be able to do anything to comfort him. Then Finn was up from 3-5 and everyone woke up for the day at 7.... yawn im one tired mama.

April 14th, 2013, 06:34 PM
We had another showing today while we were out. We've heard nothing back from any of them.

Oh, good news. The check engine light has gone out on the van, we found the problem. Apparently if the gas cap isn't in properly the light turns on. Too bad I already booked an apt to have it looked at tomorrow morning.

Hope everyone gets some sleep tonight.

April 14th, 2013, 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccaroline View Post
Apparently if the gas cap isn't in properly the light turns on.
My check engine light comes on all the time, DH's friend scans it and the gas cap code is what comes back. We've even bought a new gas cap and it still happens from time to time. I have issues with my oil light coming on for no reason as well. Gotta love a Jeep!

Hope you hear something soon from them

That sucks Bree...hope you get some sleep tonight!!!

Cam was belly laughing today, and we're pretty sure we could see his two bottom teeth raising his gums...so we could be days away from some teeth! I was hoping he'd go a little longer, I love the gummy smiles!

Jess
April 14th, 2013, 08:23 PM
I hate showings!!!!! I'm happy people are coming through, but they book the most inconvenient times. So we've had three so far, have one booked for Monday, one for Tuesday plus and agent open house on Tuesday. Now we just need one of these people to put in an offer.

Sorry I talk so much about this, it's just consuming my life right now ladies, feel free to tell me go away anytime you've had enough.

April 15th, 2013, 04:48 AM
I'm not sick of hearing about it! I'm glad you're getting a lot of interest!

Up and getting ready for work, not feeling so great, I think I'm going down with a cold
April 15th, 2013, 05:23 AM
Ugg, nothing worse than having to get up and ready to go to work when you don't feel well. I hope it's just a cold and passes quickly.

April 15th, 2013, 06:03 AM
I like the updates Caroline, don't stop! I remember when we were buying our house it was all I talked about I totally understand

Hope the cold passes quick Chantelle!

So we were up every hour and a half or so last night. And he was up at 6:15...I was able to get him back to sleep...and then DH came and woke me up at 6:30 asking where his keys were. So we had to go on a hunt...and they were in the front door, smh. And then Cam work up at 6:50. I am SO tired today!

On the bright side, its supposed to be 18, feeling like 22!

Jess
April 15th, 2013, 08:25 AM
OH man! Is there any chance you Cam will nap for you and you can close your eyes too? That's a rough night.

April 15th, 2013, 01:48 PM
He napped this morning and I did my workout, and then we had swimming at 2, which meant i had to have him in the car by 12:30 to nap so we wouldn't be late for swimming. Oh well. Tonight is another night. Its those teeth! They seem to have receded.

Beautiful day here! I have all the windows open!

Jess
April 15th, 2013, 03:31 PM
I hope you sleep better tonight!

Went to work today at my office, and the internet was down all day Worked for an hour at the gym on the way home. Had supper and now we're heading out for a walk as soon as I'm finished nursing Hannah
April 15th, 2013, 06:42 PM
Have fun Chantelle!

Picking up a standing toy for Cam tomorrow...we have 2 but they go flying because the wheels don't lock, so found one on kijiji where the wheels lock and am picking it up tomorrow

Jess
April 15th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I had typed up a response to most of you about previous posts earlier but it doesn't look like it posted... just imagine a lot of mmm-hmm ing and nodding etc.

I have never been so sleepy.. I'm like a giant pathetic sloth. I get up around 8, and am back in bed by 9am, sleep until about noon and then just lay around.. I have less than no energy!

I am taking my car seat tech course this week (wed/thurs) I can't wait, but based on how I've been feeling I'm gonna be a zombie!

Also dh has this genius plan, that maybe it's the hormones but is starting to sound pretty good to me, about investing in Lego sets... On our trip he bought this really cool building set. It comes from a collection that if collected over time would make up a city. Some of the sets have already been discontinued and are now selling on ebay for up to $2000!! (original sale price was $149) His suggestion is we buy 2 of each set when we get them and hold onto one until it goes out of production and then sell it later on for at least enough to cover the cost of both sets, but hopefully more than that! Worst case senario we wind up with some pretty awesome gifts to give our nephew/other lego loving kids.

April 15th, 2013, 08:03 PM
JM hasn't been consistent tonight.

SLEEP NOW!!! Don't get out of bed if you don't have to!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I had listened to people before Cam was born...I had no idea I would have such a terrible sleeper! You can't bank sleep but you can enjoy it!!!!

Lego is pretty collectible...might not be that bad of an idea

Jess
April 16th, 2013, 06:28 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
ya seriously sleep while you can! i didnt listen either - i havent slept all night since the day before i found out i was pregnant with my oldest son (that was in november 2009)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search