~*~April Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree23Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2013, 01:13 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Alyssa started dance at 3, and my kids also played soccer at about that age. It wasn't hugely structured, just to get the basics covered.

$15 for a body suit isn't bad! I've got a ton of practice clothing (leotards, skirts, dance seats, etc) and a few performance costumes too, but I'm having a hard time letting them go I guess I'll hold onto them and hope one of my other girls wants to dance lol.
April 19th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
That sounds good Caroline. Hope she enjoys it after the work you've put in!

Hope you find something for your oldest Bree.

Its raining on and off here. I got my hair done earlier today...I normally wait longer between appointments, but we're getting our church pictures done on Monday finally, and I want to look nice

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 19th, 2013, 01:58 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
EEEKKK! My mom just sent me pictures of what she bought. Apparently what she thinks is dance wear and what I consider dance wear are two very different things! I've contacted the person off of kijiji again to see if there is any possibility I can pick up something this weekend. Unfortunately now my mom is mad at me for saying that what she bought isn't what I was looking for.

April 19th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Hahaha, oh dear! What did she buy? That sucks

Jess
April 19th, 2013, 05:22 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
oh no caroline! what did she get?

I was thinking Ross would enjoy something like dance or gymnastics, he loves music and singing and dancing but he doesnt really do well with structure but i guess he cant get better in a class room style setting if i dont put him in things though

April 19th, 2013, 05:56 PM
I bet he would like gymnastics, I had DD1 in it at 4 and it was a lot of running and skipping and such, the teachers were really good at keeping the kids moving the whole time. Perfect for active little ones.

She bought a competition type outfit! It's sparkly, bright multi coloured and has a really ruffled skirt. It's cute, but definitely not for practices.

Now of course I may have shot myself in the foot because the lady from kijiji has not responded back since I changed my mind and the person who told me she had shoes from a local mom's board I'm on told me to come over tonight to get them but didn't give me her address and now isn't online to respond. I'm starting to think I'm making this more work than it's worth.

April 19th, 2013, 06:46 PM
kijiji frustrates the heck out of me for stuff like that. i hope they get back to you soon

April 19th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Oh dear, while I'm sure your DD would love the sparkles etc, I doubt others in the class would be wearing something similar...although then she would stand out

Good luck with the shoes! Does she have her address somewhere on the site? That's frustrating.

I second gymnastics. I think my brother did a year that young. And the teachers know kids have ants in their pants at that age so its not as structured, but is a nice way to introduce him to that setting.

Jess
April 19th, 2013, 07:02 PM
While most kids in DD's class just wear normal practice clothing, every once in a while someone will show up in full competition clothing! My DD has shown up in last years outfit a few times, I wasn't fighting with her after the money I put into them
April 19th, 2013, 08:30 PM
LOL! Yeah, I could just let her wear it, but I figure she'll stand out enough as it is. The try me class is just her being invited to a class already in progress. She'll be the only new kid and the only one who doesn't have a clue what she's doing.

I got a hold of the lady with the shoes, she forgot she told me to come over. We're going to meet up tomorrow.

Gotta go finish cleaning up the house now, we have an early morning showing tomorrow, on my one day to sleep in.

April 20th, 2013, 06:35 AM
At least you're getting everything sorted this weekend! Sorry you miss your sleep-in day

Cam was up every FORTY-FIVE minutes last night. Between 9 (yes, early bed!) and 3am, I got about 20 minutes of sleep. So glad I have nothing significant to do today.

Jess
April 20th, 2013, 08:19 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Oh that's a tough night, hope you get a nap in.

I met the IL last night for DD#1 and DS#1 to go for a weekend sleepover. So a quiet day at home DD#2 bought a new lego set.....so we will not see her today and tiny is always home with me.
Did I mention it is SNOWING This is getting really old.

April 20th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Its snowing here too. Not significantly, but enough to stay on the ground which sucks

Jess
April 20th, 2013, 01:50 PM
I hope you can get some rest today, Jess!

It sucks that you guys are getting snow! It's raining a bit here, but I'd rather have that than snow!

First dance recital done, Alyssa did awesome! Having some supper and then heading back for show #2! I'll post some pictures later
April 20th, 2013, 03:45 PM
Woke up to snow this morning, that was a nasty surprise. DS decided that 3am was a good wake up time this morning, I was not impressed. Finally got him settled in time to get up for the day, rushed to do a last minute sweep and vacuum and went for breakfast at my parents just to find out that the showing was cancelled.

We had another showing this afternoon so I used that time to drive around and check out the dance clothes for DD2. I finally ended up getting her 2 body suits, one pink one black, a pink skirt, 2 pairs of pink tights and a pair of pink shoes for $30.

We're finally home and I need to make something for supper.

I didn't read back, I hope everyone had a good day.

April 20th, 2013, 05:28 PM
That sucks about the showing! But yay for dance clothes

Second show done! Uploading pictures now, and getting the kids ready for bed!
April 20th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Sorry the showing was cancelled But yay on dance clothes!!!! Sounds like you scored

Exciting about the show Chantelle...can't wait to see pics!

No nap here for me today, but I'm headed to bed to read shortly. During Cam's first nap I did my workout, and he cried half the time and slept for a whooping 15 minutes. During his 2nd nap, we cleaned and organized the storage room. Put away his swing, mamaroo, jumperoo, playmat, baby bath, and a bunch of clothes. Bittersweet as he's so big now, but its neat to watch the way his mind works as he learns.

Did grocery shopping after he went to bed tonight, and laundry is almost done for the weekend - score to me! lol

Jess
April 20th, 2013, 09:07 PM
You've been productive!

I need to be very productive tomorrow, we have fisherman coming to stay for a few nights next week. It's sort of a family tradition on DH's side, the same family of fishermen have been coming from New Hampshire and staying with his family for years, when they first started coming they were staying with his grandmother. So I need to get lots of cleaning done in the basement (their beds are down there), along with some baking and what not.
April 21st, 2013, 06:34 AM
i feel like all ive been doing this weekend is laundry, i think i had 12 loads to do, and im almost done now, 1 is in dryer, 1 in the wash and 1 more to go in after this stuff is done

April 21st, 2013, 08:41 AM
That sounds like fun Chantelle Hope you get everything ready in time.

Laundry is neverending. And its not going to get better anytime soon! I have 3 loads waiting to be folded.

Baby play date today! Its going to be super cute!

Jess

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search