~*~April Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree23Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 21st, 2013, 07:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Jess, is the Mamaroo that swing like thing that rocks or moves baby like you holding him? If so how did you find he responded to it? Was the swing more use to you?

I got so much done yesterday, but can barely walk and want to continue on my streak.

I went for a massage on Wed. and by the next day I was right back to where I was... $65 just isn't worth it right now... even if it is covered (I'm only covered for $300/year) I should save it for a time that the effects will actually last! I'm wondering if seeing the chiropractor would help. But I'm pretty picky about the technique/methods they use, and I haven't been able to find one that works with the same tools that the one in my hometown did.... we'll just have to wait it out I think!

I hate complaining all the time, but after 3 nights at my MIL's I was so stressed out that I never want to see her again! She was so mean. At least being productive once I got home helped clear my head a bit. I have to keep reminding myself that she's just socially inept!

April 21st, 2013, 01:04 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I'm sorry your MIL is so stressful for you

Two rooms in the basement clean and cleared! Laundry going and supper is on now!
April 21st, 2013, 01:21 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchywannabe View Post
Jess, is the Mamaroo that swing like thing that rocks or moves baby like you holding him? If so how did you find he responded to it? Was the swing more use to you?
So the story behind it...my grandparents ordered it from Snugglebugz the week before he was born (1st week in August). October it still wasn't here. Finally, my Nana canceled that order and ordered it directly from 4moms in the US. We got it around Hallowe'en (2 days after she ordered it). So he was already about 2.5 months old. Depending on his mood he would tolerate the mamaroo, but definitely preferred his swing. I think it might have been different if he had been in the mamaroo since birth. It is really neat and the young babies that come over enjoy it. My cousin's daughter LOVED hers. Hope that helps!

Just came back from the baby play date...super cute! Can't wait to do it again!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 21st, 2013, 01:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm really not able to justify the cost right now, but it looks so neat, AND it takes up a lot less space than the swing we were given from my SIL.... I think I'll see how well baby takes to the swing, and then play it from there.

I have done almost nothing all day! Hoping when DH gets home from work we can put together some ikea shelves I bought while in the city!... I'll let you know if my marriage survives the night

April 21st, 2013, 03:45 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
3 nights with your MIL? You are one brave woman!

Yay for getting rooms cleaned out and laundry done!

I'm having the kind of day where I'm just done. I don't care anymore, I'm letting the kids scream it out upstairs, DH isn't talking to me and I really just want to go to bed.

April 21st, 2013, 04:43 PM
hope your night gets better Chantelle. At least tomorrow is another day.

Heheh Kalynn...sounds like us when I want something done!!!

Jess
April 21st, 2013, 04:52 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
jess, im not sure if you ever use Zulily or not but im an addict! anyways i was looking on there today and i noticed they had a bunch of betty boop stuff and i thought of you

http://www.zulily.com/e/nostalgic-ch...pos=1&tab=home

you have to scroll down a bit to find it
Jessimaaka likes this.

April 21st, 2013, 06:37 PM
I want a travel mug!!! OMG! And the coffee mugs are nicer than the one I have!!! Oooo, I want the big latte mug!

How bad is it that I already have the bendy doll set and a clock (different than the ones on there)?

OMG. I want it all!!! I'm sitting here ooooing and ahhhing and DH is asking me where I plan to get the money for it....my tax return should be deposited into my account tomorrow

Jess
April 21st, 2013, 08:49 PM
Mega Super Mommy
lol... dh put the shell to the bookcases together, but still hasn't put the shelves on it yet! He put the top of one of the bookcases on backwards so the unfinished side is showing... when I pointed it out he got really mad at himself, and I just played it cool, like "it's no biggie, I can help you flip it" and he goes.. "no... I nailed it in there really good so that it'd be permanent." lol I normally wouldn't find this funny... but they are really just simple, practical shelves in our guest room.. not important to me that they look good, because they weren't meant to in the first place. I just want the books piled on the floor to finally have a real home!

April 22nd, 2013, 05:42 AM
Are they the floating shelves? We have those in Cam's room, and they are HARD to get off! I'm sure you're the only one that would notice

We have our church pictures this afternoon...we get a free 8x10 for at home Our clothes are all planned out, I just have to do my workout this morning and shower and do my hair...my hair is going to be the hardest part.

Jess
April 22nd, 2013, 09:03 AM
im failing my diet today MIL is up and she brought cookies, timbits and is going out to get us lunch... youd think i havent eaten in a year the way i devoured this junk LOL

April 22nd, 2013, 10:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
No, they are just the simple Billy bookshelves... we got the LACK floating shelves for baby's room though... along with some picture ledges! I blogged about my whole haul!

www.thecountrybumpkins.wordpress.com

April 22nd, 2013, 12:00 PM
One day isn't the end of the world Bree...go with it and start again tomorrow

Nice scores Kaylynn! I like the idea of the books facing out, I may have to snag some of those for his playroom, his books are currently on the lack shelves in his room (which I also love have no brackets!)

Went for a super long walk today - detoured over to my mom's (its her birthday) and took the long way home so he would nap in the stroller. The wind was a bit chilly but the sun was great!

Jess
April 22nd, 2013, 12:50 PM
DS got his first trip to the Optometrist this morning. He thought it would be fun to sit on the edge of a laundry basket, well the basket flipped and he wacked his face on the edge of the coffee table, he got it right across the top of his eyes. His eye lids are all bruised, and his one eye is all bloody red. I called and they told me to bring him in right away. Turns out he just burst a blood vessel or two, but it will take a good week or two for it to fully heal. Poor little guy looks like he was in a bar fight with two black eye lids and one bloodshot eye.

April 22nd, 2013, 01:52 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Oh no that does not some good, Poor guy. DS#1 has been on a roll and has bruises and wounds all over his face

I had got mad at DD#1 for leaving her cloths all over the floor. I fold them and put them away and in a hour they are on the floor. I ask for her cloths to wash and she scoops them up to wash So I took everything off her floor and into a garbage bag So she is now working to get her stuff back. One thing she thought would help is a dresser, she just had a closet with shelves. So I gave her my big dresser, her room is clean but I have my cloths all over the floor Going to have to get something for them.

Thank You tasha_mae

April 22nd, 2013, 04:03 PM
Super Mommy
Sorry I been so mia lately, the little one has been keeping me busy plus I have become addicted to candy crush lol.

Sahara was baptized on Sat

April 22nd, 2013, 04:30 PM
shes so cute!

April 22nd, 2013, 05:00 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Just trying to catch up.

Sahara is so adorable!!!

Your poor son, Caroline. Growing up is fraught with danger! lol

We went to Guelph on the weekend for my friend' son's birthday party. It was really nice - I had a good chat with one of my other old girlfriend's who I don't talk to all that often.

We were outside a good chunk of the day today. I dug up some green onions and brought them over to my neighbour/friend Rick. He gets lonely so we stayed and visited him for a while. He is very overweight and has a hernia that is really bad and hangs off his stomach. I have known him for about 5 years and his stomach herniated about 2 years ago. I want to get him a shirt - he only has two now. He takes 6x though so they are hard to come by.

I won 3 pairs of jeans from a company called NYDJ. I don't know what size I am now so I am going to leave Theo with his Nanoo and go try them on. It is a blessing since I only have one pair of pants that fit me right now since I still haven't lost my pregnancy weight.
April 22nd, 2013, 05:34 PM
Hi Kelly! Beautiful pictures! Hope all is well otherwise!

Caroline that sounds painful! Hope it looks worse than it is!

Chrystal - at least you get the new furniture

So we had the church directory pictures tonight. Cam gets super bed-head after his bath, so I decided to bath him at 3 this afternoon (pictures were at 4:45). He wanted to nurse afterwards and started to fall asleep!!!! He thought it was bedtime! So of course, the pictures didn't go that great. The one we ended up with was ok, but poor little guy was tired, so his eyes are a little red, and he didn't smile like he normally does.

Yay for winning stuff Maggie!

Jess
April 22nd, 2013, 06:02 PM
Sahara is so cute! I hope the baptism went well.

Its too bad the pictures didn't go as well as you were hoping Jess.

Winning is always good! Enjoy the new jeans!

I'm so frustrated tonight! We were told about a showing on short notice that was right at supper time. I called my mom, took food with me since I had it all out and mostly prepared for supper, did a super fast clean up of the house after the daycare kids left and packed up DH, the kids, supper and went to my parent's where Mom helped me finish preparing and cook the supper. We ate there with them then came back home in time for DD1 to do her homework an DH to get some rest before work. Guess what, no one showed up! Seriously, that's twice! What's with people asking on short notice for a showing and then not showing up for it?
Oh and we were supposed to have a showing tomorrow night too, but because we couldn't let them come in exactly when they asked and requested for them to come in a half hour later, they aren't coming now. This is after I arranged alternate pick up for a daycare child because pick up would have been at the same time as the showing. Grumble, grumble, grumble.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search