~*~April Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree23Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 27th, 2013, 06:40 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I vote trying meds. They do help. And its not like you're defaulting to them without trying other things. You are doing the right thing by trying!

Its 9:40am and I have ALL the windows in the house open

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 27th, 2013, 07:20 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks, I needed that mommy confidence boost.

It's 10:15, I have a sleeping husband, a whiny suck of a son and I'm trying my hardest to clean up for a showing in 2 hours. I really wanted to go get some fresh flowers to replace the ones that have wilted but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. Everything I clean up, DS uncleans for me.

April 27th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Hoping the showing pays off !!

We have the IL here this weekend, so the kids are super excited. I also need to go grocery shopping so bad...by deep freezer only has enough meat for 1 week....but I don't want to have to pay to fill it up. We have a feedlot full of beef but none in my freezer

April 27th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
gorgeous day here! spring may finally be here to stay, im excited

April 27th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Hope the showing went well!

We had a beautiful day here too, after the Norwex party, I took Cam and Bama for a walk (DH wanted to nap...must be nice ). Now for a relaxing evening of laundry and going grocery shopping.

Jess
April 27th, 2013, 03:55 PM
oo a nap, ya that would be nice! Men LOL

April 27th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Super Mommy
All this talk of the squat challenge.. I didnt even start mine yet lol. You ladies have inspired me to get to it after this post though

I think my baby girl may be teething already Poor little soul is cranky as heck and hasnt been eating much. She is also drooling up a storm and chewing on anything near her (including me!) My bfs mother wanted to put sugar on her finger to rub on her gums, I was like ummm hell no. She is convinced that it would work because its the "old ways" yeah right. She also wanted me to give baby girl a bottle of honey and water. I had to explain baby botulism to her.
April 27th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Oh Man! I'm OK with some "old ways" but even I wouldn't let my friend do that! I'm assuming your friend doesn't have children of her own.

I don't know how the showing went, we didn't get any feedback from them good or bad.

April 28th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Oh my! Glad you put your foot down! No honey! Have you considered an amber necklace? Cam almost never drools and has his on all the time. He's almost 8.5 months (omg) and still has no teeth...the process has been a long one!

Hopefully something soon Caroline! You just have to wait for that right family. My friends put their house up twice while she was pregnant, got nothing, 2 offers that fell through...and decided when they're little girl was almost one to put it back up, it sold in 3 days and they move next weekend (they lived with her parents to bridge the gap since they hadn't even looked for a house after all the disappointment previously) It will happen!!!!!

Family get together today. DH's uncle's gf's daughter (ya follow? lol) had a little girl 6 days after Cam...she tries to make everything into a competition between them, so I kinda hope she's not there today.

Jess
April 28th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Good luck at the family gathering.

I keep hoping that something will happening when the timing is right. I'm just not a patient person.

We're off to ringette again today. I'm packing a picnic lunch for the kids today and so are a couple of other families so we can all eat together. The girls are playing at 4 and again at 6, it's a terrible time for planning a meal.

April 28th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Have fun at ringette!

Well, she wasn't there which was kinda nice. DH's cousin had a little boy on the 21st so I got lots of snuggles with him in. Oh my was he ever cute! And he slept almost the entire time! Cam has never done that!

Now for a nice relaxing evening. I am vegging on the couch!

Jess
April 28th, 2013, 05:43 PM
it was gorgeous here today, we were outside with the boys all afternoon, they are sleeping well tonight. I love nice weather

April 28th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Well today was a bust. DD1 is in a mood, throwing tantrums, not listening and just generally being a grump. She's currently refusing to go to bed. DD2 is just tired, fidgety and whiny which is really starting to bug me. DH is mad at both of them. I'm ready for bed.

April 28th, 2013, 06:13 PM
im sorry you had a bad day hard days suck, i hope tomorrow is better

April 28th, 2013, 07:04 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I hope tomorrow is better for you!

I'm tired and heading to bed very soon! Just finished watching Big Brother with DH
April 28th, 2013, 07:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Man oh man was this weekend ever awesome! My parents came out on Friday night and stayed until today! We made a bunch of freezer meals, my dad helped clean up my house (the big jobs I hate, like pulling out the stove etc) and we set up the pack n play (without instructions, what a feat that was!) and swing etc. Everything is clean and set up and ready to go!

Tonight I didn't feel like making supper and really wanted Poutine, so when DH got off work we went to the next town over and I had a burger and poutine for supper (YUUUUMMMM) on our way out he turns to me and says "you wanna grab a strawberry milkshake and sit out on our deck when we get home?"..... swoon!

The weather has been fantastic, and it's been the first time we've been able to open our windows! the snow melted literally over night on Friday/Saturday, flooding our driveway... and by this morning all the water had soaked in/evaporated, so it's really starting to look/feel like spring! Man it was a great end to the weekend.

April 28th, 2013, 07:52 PM
I want some of that fantastic weather you guys are having! We had pouring rain most of the day. I'm ready for bed, just hoping DS sleeps through the night tonight, this 4am wake up call is really getting to me. I'm becoming a nasty person on 4 hours sleep.

April 28th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Our main hwy to town flooded this weekend, along with a couple other roads. But we are still good here.

Our hired hand also had their baby boy today !! Bentley Allen. He has a big brother Greyson.

Off to bed, we have a big day tomorrow. We have semi's coming to haul some of the cattle to pasture.

April 29th, 2013, 04:35 AM
its raining here today boo so no playing outside for the boys. Dh is off this week, so hopefully it gets nicer later on. We have a busy day planned, we have to go get gas, go to costcos and to sobeys, grab a quick something to eat and then Will has his 18 month check up, all before noon. Wish me luck LOL i would be able to do it all solo with the boys no problem but Dh slows me down, hes a browser at the stores and it always takes FOREVER when hes with us

hope you all have a good monday

April 29th, 2013, 05:04 AM
Happy Monday!!!!

Its raining here today but I was looking at the weather for the rest of the week and its amazing! Like low to mid 20s!!! I can finally dress Cam in all the cute shorts I have for him!

Hope you got some sleep last night Caroline! I didn't!

Have fun today Bree! Hope you're productive!

Kalynn that sounds like a great weekend!!! You're all already!!! 22 days based on your ticker

Sounds like a busy Monday Chrystal! Not sure how I feel about the name Bentley. Its not really my style for sure, but it does go well with Greyson.

Since Cam missed his afternoon nap yesterday, last night SUCKED. Every 45 minutes from 5:30 - 10:00, and every 1.5 hours after that. I am TIRED! And we have swimming today, so I won't have a chance to nap. Early bed tonight for me. I am hoping for 2-3 hour stretches!

Jess

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search