~*~April Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree23Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 2nd, 2013, 08:24 AM
sweety_pie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm finding it hard watching my weight creep back up again after getting it down pretty good before getting preggy lol I'm 5' 4" and 160lbs now, up 5lbs since I got pregnant. I got to 196lbs when 9 months pregnant with both my kids, so I expect the same this time. lol After baby its time to KICK butt and get down to my goal of 135lbs at least!!

{Aug/07/201212 weeks} {Oct/29th/20127 weeks}
Forever missing my Mom...

April 2nd, 2013, 08:56 AM
helios's Avatar Veteran
Ah, weight loss. I am trying to lose just over 20 lbs right now. I was doing well at first - I lost 4 lbs in about 3 weeks which I thought was pretty good. I weighed myself this morning though and I am back up 2lbs due to general laziness and eating too much easter candy this past week, heh. I need to step it up or I will never reach my goal! Most importantly, I want to work towards my goal of improving my physical fitness. Now that it's getting nicer out I want to start jogging regularly, and I think I'll enroll in a few fitness classes at the rec centre in my neighborhood. I'd like to reach my weight loss goal by August.
April 2nd, 2013, 09:19 AM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
the candy is my weakness too, though im not doing as badly as i thought i was, i thought i was at about 155 but i got on the scale this AM and I was actually 152.2, so i will take that, now only 17.2lbs to go. My goal is 135, i think its a good weight for me since im 5'8, if i weigh much less than that i start looking kinda sickly

id still be doing better if there wasnt all this candy in the house. Im making the kids eat my faves first while my willpower is strong, so hopefully i wont want to eat the other stuff later LOL

April 2nd, 2013, 10:07 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I'm only 5'4! But most people don't guess I'm as much as I am.

Cam is down for his 2nd nap...his first one was an hour and a half....I did my workout, and cleaned the bathrooms. Hopefully he sleeps for at least that long again so I can sweep and such, and then just relax and maybe catch a quick cat nap.

...as I watch the snow squalls outside

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 2nd, 2013, 10:13 AM
we had some snow yesterday, it sucked, thankfully it didnt really stick around, im still hopefully that spring is coming LOL

I hope Cam lets you get your stuff done. 2 out of my 3 are napping, i wish Ross would still nap

April 2nd, 2013, 10:20 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
We had snow yesterday too, but followed by rain so nothing stuck here either.

Kids are all content right now, so I'm going to do a body weight circuit I think, before I start supper.
April 2nd, 2013, 10:28 AM
i still need to decide what to make for supper, it may be left over turkey and stuff again, i totally forgot to take something out this morning

April 2nd, 2013, 11:40 AM
We're having chicken fajitas!!!!! Made using shredded chicken I'm making right now (boiled and turns the water into chicken broth for soup later), the house smells amazing!!!!!

Jess
April 2nd, 2013, 01:03 PM
Mmm, sounds amazing! We're having baked spaghetti and garden salad
April 2nd, 2013, 01:30 PM
yum that sounds delish! i dont think i want to eat left overs again but i cant cook anything else, we have so much in the fridge and it needs to be eaten, i hate waste

April 2nd, 2013, 01:41 PM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DD1 woke DS up early when she got up for school this morning. His whole nap schedule has been a mess now. He had a morning nap from 10-12 then didn't nap again until 2 and slept until 4:30. He usually only has one nap from 12-3 in the afternoon. I have a bad feeling bedtime is going to be a mess now too.

DH is done his training today and gets a day off before he starts his shifts. I'm hoping we can get a few things done tomorrow with him home, but I know he's supposed to be sleeping so he can do a night shift.

I have a lasagne in the oven for supper. I think I have some breadsticks in the freezer that I'm going to spread with garlic butter and heat up to go with it.

April 2nd, 2013, 01:51 PM
i hate when nap schedule gets messed up! i hope tonight isnt as bad as you think it will be

April 2nd, 2013, 03:18 PM
Hope bedtime goes well for you Caroline!

Mmmm...food...lol, I just finished dinner and putting Cam down and I could eat again reading those!

Jess
April 2nd, 2013, 04:04 PM
I hope bedtime isn't that bad, Caroline!

Working on getting the kids to bed before I head to the gym
April 2nd, 2013, 04:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Do you ladies find that you typically get good sleepers during the day OR at night, but not usually both?

I think I could handle a poor day sleeper, who sleeps through the night, or a great napper who is up frequently over night... Just not one who's bad at both!

April 2nd, 2013, 04:42 PM
hmm im not sure, about the sleepers, i really think it depends on the child, some kids will sleep great for both bed and naps, and others sleep like garbage anytime. I found once i got my kids into a routine sleep improved

April 2nd, 2013, 04:53 PM
I've got a terrible sleeper both night and day. I have no idea how this will work when I go back to work if he hasn't improved.

Sleep begets sleep, so night sleep directly affects day sleep and vice-versa.

We've had some improvements in the past week or so, he'll have one longer nap (1.5-2 hours) and a shorter nap (45 min - an hour) instead of 20 minutes! He also sleeps in his crib instead of co-sleeping at night, and naps in his swing.

Hopefully you'll get lucky and have an awesome sleeper!

Jess
April 2nd, 2013, 06:16 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
I love lasagna! But I am too lazy to make it.

I am 5'11" tall, Chantelle.

It was blustery and cold today. We bundled up and I took Theo to his Baby Goose at the library. He was so happy to see all the babies again. It had been on hiatus for 4 weeks.

After that we went to the Land Registry Office to see if there was a survey on file for my lot. There wasn't. So we will pay the $150 to buy it from the surveyor that did it in 1986. At least we will have it when it comes to selling the house.

Rich won't be home till late again so I will scratch going to the gym. I will go out and do some grocery shopping though since we are getting down. Gotta love 24-hour stores.
April 2nd, 2013, 06:34 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh I would kill for 24 hour stores!!! The stores near us aren't even opened at all on Sundays, and definitely aren't open 24/7 other times!

April 2nd, 2013, 06:35 PM
I was really lucky and had great sleepers, until Hannah, although she's improved a ton and sleeps through the night randomly now and then.

I desperately need groceries too, I think I'll stop tomorrow after work. We don't have any 24 hour stores here either, the only grocery store in our town is small and over-priced, so I stop when I'm in the city if I can (an hour away, but it's where I work so I'm there often).

Just got home from the gym, and I'm tired. But, DH wants to watch Revolution, so I think we'll do that before bed.

Last edited by 2pinks&ablue; April 2nd, 2013 at 06:37 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search