~*~April Chat Thread~*~

Forum: Canadian Mommies

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree23Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Canadian Mommies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 29th, 2013, 06:00 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I hope tonight is better for you, Jess!

It's beautiful here again today, and apparently is supposed to stay this way all week!
April 29th, 2013, 08:33 AM
mccaroline's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I actually did get some sleep last night, but then woke up with a migraine that I'm blaming on all this wonderful rainy weather we've been having. The rest of the week looks a little better so hopefully it won't last long.

Hope you get a better night tonight Jess.

April 29th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
mix of snow and rain here.

I realize I'm jumping in really late, but wanted to help get this thread to 400
April 29th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Holy cow! 400 would be CRAZY!!

Swimming was super fun, my mom came and watched, she loved watching!

Starbucks fans....half price fraps from 3-5pm, starting today until May 12

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
April 29th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Countrymom4's Avatar Chrystal
Ya I am not loving the name Bentley. On a good note my Brother and SIL found out today that they are having a ..............BOY !!! Thinking of naming Riker.

Last year our kids pail feed 4 baby calves, They will get sold next week and then they are buying a quad. So this year someone did not want to have to feed a orphan calf so they gave it to the kids. We were trying to feed it by the pail and it bunted the pail and soaked me head to toe in calf milk......

Thank You tasha_mae

April 29th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My nephew is named Bentley. I wasn't really feeling it, but he's totally grown into it and it suits him perfectly... we call him Ben 9 times out of 10.
I bet that calf got an earful!

The weather has been a little cooler today, it's cloudy, and my dad called to say they are getting some rain, so we'll probably get it a little later.

April 29th, 2013, 02:59 PM
Oh no Chrystal! That sucks! Yay for boys though, I can't imagine having a girl now LOL.

Boo for rain Kalynn...it rained most of today here too.

DS is in bed and its 6pm...yay!

Jess
April 29th, 2013, 03:46 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
That's nice that your Mom came and watched the swimming, Jess.

Wasn't there some famous woman who bathed in milk? Cleopatra or someone.

Rich finally got our bedroom door done this weekend, fixed the couch, and put up the new mailbox.

The guy with the dump trailer didn't show up yesterday so I didn't get my manure. I got quite a bit of gardening done since I wasn't hauling poo. The peas in the first two rows are up and it looks like I got some germination of the carrots and leeks.
April 29th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Popping in

Hope he stays asleep for a while, Jess!

Hooray for getting things done and gardening!

Worked at the gym today for a few hours, working at my office tomorrow.. working on getting the kids to bed and then working out!

Last edited by 2pinks&ablue; April 29th, 2013 at 04:19 PM.
April 29th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Chantelle, you're so busy!

Cam woke up but went back down in 2 minutes so it was ok

Watching the Voice...love Mondays!

Jess
April 29th, 2013, 06:37 PM
WOW, you ladies are chatty tonight.

Sorry I had to laugh at the calf milk.

I like the name Bentley, it was on our list for DS.

Too bad you didn't get your truck, but I'm glad you got some gardening done.

DH was super sweet and looked after DS today even though he worked last night so that I could rest and get rid of my migraine. I'm feeling much better tonight.

April 29th, 2013, 08:02 PM
That was nice of your DH!

Sometimes too busy, but for the most part I enjoy it, it makes me feel productive Glad Cam went back to sleep easily for you!

Heading to bed, early morning tomorrow, g'night ladies!
April 30th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Glad you were able to get rid of your migraine and your DH was helpful

My latte mug and travel mug are here!!! I get to pick them up later today! Purolator stopped by not 5 minutes after I left yesterday so I have to go pick them up...since they are a reward for finishing the 30 Day Shred and my last one is today, I guess its fair

Jess
April 30th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Anyone ever defrost a deep freezer? I've never done it before, which was obvious by the state of my freezer, so today I decided to defrost it. WOW! Was I ever not prepared for the amount of water that melted out of it. My never been wet basement looked like it flooded! I started throwing down towels and blankets trying to catch some of the water and it still went everywhere. I was fishing out the ice that came off in chunks and throwing it in the sink to melt so it wasn't on the floor and it didn't seem to help. Maybe it's because it's an upright freezer, so it all just comes running out, or maybe it's always like this when you defrost and I just didn't know what I was getting myself into, but DH was having a really good time laughing at me and DS thought the puddle was fun until he realized it was really cold to sit in. It was not a good project to do on the day of a showing!

April 30th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Oh no!!!! That sucks!!!! We have an apartment sized one, and we've defrosted it once...I don't recall that happening! But it is a pretty small one for a deep freezer.

So. My Tassimo story. It never did work again after that day I mentioned before. So I called Tassimo. I said how I did everything in the troubleshooting and it just won't work. They said they would send me a new one, and it will include a shipping label and I can send the defective one back. Cool. So yesterday I missed Purolator and it says 2 boxes. I thought it was my Betty Boop stuff! Nope, I get there and there are two big boxes from Bosch. And they both have the same tracking number? Interesting. I get home, open the first box, and its a Tassimo. I open the other box. Its another Tassimo? Weird. I don't want to be charged for a 2nd so I call them and explain. They had NO record of sending me 2 (darn me and my honesty!), and can I send it back please? No problem. I set up my new Tassimo. Run the cleaning disc 5 times as I'm supposed to, and everything worked fine. Go to make my coffee. It started doing the same as my old machine - really loud and nothing coming out.

W T F

So I call them back. Tell them I am sending them TWO defective ones. And that if the 3rd one doesn't work, they need to send me another shipping label. So I set up the third one...do the cleaning disc 5 times (no issues), and go to make my coffee....and it works!!!! YAY!!!!! Holy cow. Then I brought the two defective ones to Purolator. Since the two boxes they sent me had the same tracking number, my two shipping labels to send it back also had the same tracking number....but I didn't point that out to Purolator....I didn't even think to look until I got home. I hope they both make it there!!!

This one better not stop working. I am just pressing the button. Its not rocket science!

Jess
April 30th, 2013, 06:07 PM
Irish_Wristwatch's Avatar Running with Scissors....
we went to the zoo today, it was gorgeous! Ross walked the whole thing, i couldnt believe it, i was tired by the end of the day i cant imagine how he felt, I bet he sleeps well tonight

April 30th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Yay for sleep!!!! Cam just slept for just over 3 hours...he rarely does that! I hope it is a preview of the rest of the night!

Jess
April 30th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Yikes! I hope you have luck with this one! At least they are sending them to you and you're not buying all of them.

April 30th, 2013, 06:43 PM
Oh definitely not! I told DH that after this one, I'm switching to Keurig...we've had a Tassimo since we moved in together, and the first one was great, just died from overuse (and it was the cheapest model), and the last one didn't last a year....we'll see how this one is. I just buy all the t-discs when they're on sale so I have a whole cupboard full. I just won't buy them until we run out, and not buy a lot at a time.

Jess
April 30th, 2013, 07:52 PM
And to end this chat thread....

the dog just farted SOOOO bad, she stunk us out of the tv room.

Jess

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search